Dr. David Ransen, PHD

Dr. David Ransen, PHD

Marriage & Family Therapy  ·
Male
Dr. David Ransen, PHD is a marriage & family therapist in West Palm Beach, FL and has been practicing for 10 years. He graduated from Cornell in 1979 and specializes in marriage & family therapy, counseling, and more.Read his story

727 Penn St

West Palm Beach, FL 33401

Learn about Dr. Ransen

Dr. Ransen's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Ransen "Trained in psychology (Ph.D. from Cornell University, 1979), Dr. David Ransen has mastered numerous areas of psychology and human development during his 38-year career. He earned his second degree in Marriage and Family Therapy from Nova Southeastern University, the only fully-accredited program in all of Florida. Dr. Ransen earned his psychology Bachelors degree with high honors from Clark University, the nation's first graduate school, and the first to award a doctor's degree in psychology. He is board certified in clinical hypnosis and hypnotherapy in Florida and elsewhere."

This content was provided by Dr. Ransen "After 38 years of clinical experience and 12 years' post-doctoral training, my specialties are marriage/couples counseling; psychotherapy for individuals; hypnotherapy; and parenting consulting. Unlike other therapists, couples counselors, and hypnotherapists, I never schedule appointments back-to-back. No one ever has to wait, period. I have no long-term clients, because people almost always find their desired solutions within 2 to 4 sessions. I have never needed more than 7 sessions in my 38 years.

I served on the faculties at Cornell, Tulane, Princeton, and Harvard Universities. I am Board Certified in Clinical Hypnotherapy and licensed in Florida in Marriage & Family Therapy

We cost only a fraction of other counselors, because we need just a handful of sessions. We have no interest in dragging you through painful and unhelpful analysis of you, your past, or the roots of your problems. We want to know what's right about you, not what's wrong with you."

• Marriage & Family Therapy
  • Counseling
  • Hypnosis
  • Psychotherapy

• Psychosomatic Medicine
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

• Chronic Pain Management
  • Couples Therapy
  • Hypnosis (Medical Hypnotherapy)
  • Psychotherapy Services

• Nova Southeastern University
    Other Education | Completed 2004
  • Weill Cornell Medical College
    Other Education | Completed 1979

Dr. Ransen has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Ransen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ransen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ransen's Reviews

2.9
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ransen to family and friends

Dr. Ransen's Performance

GOOD

he made a big difference in life getting easier
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Ransen saw me for a very expensive consultation around $250 and then refused to treat me after. He said I did not have a problem, and the problem I have is completely legitimate and is categorized is the DSM-5.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0
No waiting ever. We always get more time than we expect, at no additional cost. Dr. Ransen seems to have vast experience and knowledge in how to repair marriages.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option1
My husband and I had seen two marriage counselors in our 18 years of marriage. They mostly listened and took notes. They were no help at all. Dr. Ransen was an awesome breath of fresh air. He seemed to have little interest about past problems. He mostly asked about what our marriage would look...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option2
Other marriage counsellors just listened, week after week, while we argued. Dr. Ransen kept us so busy creating solutions that we had no time to argue. After just 4 sessions we knew we were done, and he was happy. Now we're back home in Toronto, and everything has changed for the better!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option1
Are you Dr. Ransen?

Nearby providers with similar experience

Clinical Psychology