David Overton, PA-C

David Overton, PA-C

Physician Assistant (PA)  |
David Overton, PA-C is a physician assistant (pa) provider who practices in Lacey, WA. He is 62 years old. Read his story

1315 Ruddell Rd SE

Lacey, WA 98503

• First Choice Health
  • Premera Blue Cross
  • Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about David Overton

David Overton's bio

This content was provided by David Overton "I first worked as an RN in coronary care, intensive care and ER, which provided good experience dealing with sick people. I next went to UC Davis and graduated from the School of Medicine as a Physician Assistant and Family Nurse Practitioner and provide the same treatments and exams Family Practice, Primary Care and General Medicine MD's do. Since then, I've worked in urgent care, family practice, women's health, orthopedic surgery and managed care. I served as a Clinical Instructor in Family Practice at the University of Washington in Seattle and at Pacific Lutheran University."

This content was provided by David Overton "My philosophy is to find and treat the causes of any health problem, whenever possible. This allows me to develop holistic treatment plans, rather than just prescribing a drug to suppress symptoms. We offer natural treatments for those who do not want drugs or other conventional treatments."

• Physician Assistant (PA)
  • Adolescent Medicine (Physician Assistant)
  • Allergy & Immunology (Physician Assistant)
  • Alternative Medicine
  • Cardiology (Physician Assistant)
  • Ear, Nose, and Throat (Physician Assistant)
  • Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism (Physician Assistant)
  • Gastroenterology (Physician Assistant)
  • Geriatric Medicine (Physician Assistant)
  • Orthopedics (Physician Assistant)
  • Pain Medicine (Physician Assistant)
  • Pediatrics (Physician Assistant)
  • Sports Medicine (Physician Assistant)
  • Urgent Care Medicine (Physician Assistant)
  • Women's Health Medicine (Physician Assistant)

David Overton does not have any board certifications listed.

• Acne
  • Allergic Disorders
  • Allergies
  • Asthma
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Chronic Diseases

• Pelvic Exams
  • Physical Examination
  • Vitamin B12 Injection
  • Wart Removal

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

• The Evergreen State College/Olympia, Wa
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • University of California At Davis / School of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated

David Overton has no awards or honors listed.

David Overton has no media or publications listed.

David Overton does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are David Overton and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

David Overton's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending David Overton to family and friends
3.6
David Overton's Performance
in Lacey, Wa |
I went to see this care provider because I have a problem with my ears. He NEVER looked in my ears, but he did find lots of test that I could go do and it cost me lots of money out of pocket. I had a medical professional look at the test he was running and their conclusion was that he was testing me for sexually transmitted diseases.
in Dupont, WA |
David Overton listens to the patient and explains in detail any diagnosis and recommendations. He has a uniquely inquisitive mind and clearly enjoys helping patients. It has been a pleasure to be able to benefit from his wealth of knowledge.
in colfax, wa |
I think Dr. Overton is a wonderful Doctor that is REALLY on the ball on getting the job done right. I am just sad to say that he can not heal what is wrong with me but it was a good life while it lasted.
Seattle, WA |
As a concerned wife, my husband had his 1st. Visit.A little overwhelming with so much to cover.I felt like we got good counsel re:multiple issues my husband has been facing for years without relief. A week later we received a lengthy reveiw of things we need to focus on. In all the years of seeing med docs,this doctor is thorough and a very caring one too. I am feeling optimistic as I feel he could be the God sent I've been praying for. Look forward to next visit toward our path back to health.
Olympia, WA |
David is the first person to listen to me. I know if I would have found him 4 years ago I would have not had to go through all the other nonsense the Doctors put me through. He is very knowledgeable and keeps digging until he find the cause of what is wrong. I feel very fortunate to have found David. Amanda is great. She takes time to listen and is always helpful. If I need to come in before my next appointment Amanda always fits me in. Again I feel fortunate to have found David and Amanda.
Bellevue, WA |
Quack! Insisted I was diabetic based solely on my BMI, even though I proved him wrong with bloodwork. Argumentative and frequently interuppted me. No patience to discuss my presenting issues, and instead wanted to suggest ridiculous lab work be completed. A doc I saw elsewhere said the tests are unnecessary and the local medical community is familiar with Overton's bad reputation. A lab told me the same thing! Even the Dr. that 'sponsors' Overton jokes that he attended Hogwarts. How insulting.
Most overweight (high BMI) people have pre-diabetes. Routine testing may not show that. Special testing found my pre-diabetes. Most doctors tell overweight people they are OK, which contributes to the epidemic of pre-diabetes. Lab people tell us my testing is more thorough and refer patients. Local media services like my approaches and promote me. Many patients like the Hogwarts comments. Maybe I am a magician - I save my brother from diabetes. Many people get angry if weight is discussed.
in Shelton, WA |
I highly recommend David Overton. He has been my primary physician for over 20 years. I know of a patient who is no longer a drug addict and one who is no longer in need of insulin and travels over the mountain passes once per month for routine checkups. David is continually learning and researching for better tests, products etc. to help his clients. He is not there to judge, but to help.
Thanks. Working as a team, we've had good results.
Olympia, WA |
David Overton of Olympia spends much of his time creating lengthy diagnostic letters and less on actually communicating and listening to his patients. In these letters, he seems focused on scaring patients - even patients who are relatively healthy. His staff won't spend the time to determine the cost of a test and you'll likely end up with a hefty lab bill. Finally, spend a few hours at his practice and you're lucky to see one other patient. This does not build confidence in him as a good PA.
I often send letters and most people appreciate knowing about their conditions. This person wanted blood tests for fatty liver to avoid a biopsy. We always instruct people to verify insurance coverage and explain insurers set lab prices and every policy is different. There is no way a practitioner can know the exact cost. This person did not verify coverage and then was angry about the costs. Treatments were explained I spent several 30 minute appointments reviewing all this.
Have you seen David Overton, PA-C?

Visit David Overton