Dr. David Nygaard, DC

ChiropracticMaleAge 65

Dr. Nygaard

Atlas Chiropractic of Asheville

190 Broadway St Ste 205 Asheville, NC 28801

Dr. David Nygaard, DC is a Chiropractor in Asheville, NC and has over 26 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Palmer College Of Chiropractic medical school in 1995. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Nygaard to book an appointment.

Compare Dr. David Nygaard, DC with other Chiropractors near you

Dr. Nygaard's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Nygaard

4.3

Dr. Nygaard?
  • Appointment scheduling (22)
  • Office environment (21)
  • Staff friendliness (20)
  • Appointment was rushed (3)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (3)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (3)
Dr Nygard has been a tremendous help with pain and tightness in my neck and trapezius muscle. I’ve had multiple adjustments to my atlas. He’s a caring and attentive doctor and I highly recommend him. The front desk staff is friendly and super helpful.
Susan – Nov 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Nygaard, DC?
If you have questions about your treatment, Dr. N will get defensive and angry even if you present them in a nonthreatening, friendly manner. He will also get very anxious and fumble with the equipment used for treatment. Made me uncomfortable and want to get out of there. Zero privacy in treatment "rooms" as one can hear everything through the paper thin walls. A real salesman who has no problem pitching hcg "treatments" in conjunction with a 500 calorie diet.
Feb 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Nygaard, DC?
Dr Nygard is awesome! I have suffered from neck pain and stiffness for years from trauma. My family Dr sent me to see him. Dr Nygard designed a plan of treatment and set my schedule for the treatment plan at the first appointment. He was very honest, he told me if I would do my part he felt he could help my issues. He never said He would be able to get me back to 100 percent or gave me false hope. Instead He said he would work to get me as far as he could. I am happy to announce that I feel better both mentally and physically. He and his staff were very friendly and helpful. I had to change a couple of appointments and it was not a problem. I highly recommend Atlas Chiropractic of Asheville!! Thank you Dr Nygard, Scott
Nov 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Nygaard, DC?
Dr. Nygard is the best upper cervical chiropractor that I've ever been to. He has helped with with whiplash from a car accident, as well as help adjust me after mountain bike accidents. I recommend him to my friends and family.
Mike Figura – Oct 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Nygaard, DC?
Dr. Nygaard was contacted in an effort to assist me with persistent severe headaches and dizziness issues. He quickly ascertained a work plan to deal with both of these issues and others I was not even aware of that included back and shoulder posture issues and leg muscle cramping that resulted in me walking unevenly. His painless atlas adjustment on my skull resulted in immediate head/neck/shoulder pain relief with the other issues resolving themselves over a very short period of time under his care. His focus is on attaining pain relief and full mobility for his clients in a caring and professional atmosphere. I feel much better physically and have a better outlook now that these problems have been resolved. I highly recommend Dr. Nygaard for those suffering with similar problems.
Lawrence Pierce – Oct 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Nygaard, DC?
I was diagnosed with MS a few years ago. I didn't want to subject myself to the disease-modifying drugs that often get prescribed. After some research, I found that cervical adjustments are especially beneficial in promoting and maintaining balance in those with neurological disorders. I felt a significant increase in steadiness after just one adjustment at Atlas Chiropractic. Halfway through my round of 24 sessions, Dr. Nygaard couldn't throw me off balance, even with my eyes closed. I use other natural treatments to keep myself as healthy and mobile as I can, but Dr. Nygaard has been a great piece in the puzzle that keeps me moving!!
Oct 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Nygaard, DC?
I went to see Dr Nygaard for terrible migraines. I was in a car accident 5 years ago. I have always been sceptical about chiropractic services. To be honest, I thought it was mostly quackery. I went anyway. I had no other options. I tried everything else. Well, I'm into my third month now and feel so much better. After having headaches nearly every single day for several years and to now have one every three weeks. I still have work to do, but I see the light.
Larry in Asheville , NC – Nov 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Nygaard, DC?
Dr. Nygaard is a very experienced doctor who really knows what he is doing. The office is clean and the staff friendly. There is also covered, off street parking. I've never had to wait for more than 10 min. for my appointment. Highly recommend!
Kim Opager in Asheville – Sep 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Nygaard, DC?
The amount of confidence I have in Dr Nygaard's ability to aid in the healing process of medical complications is unmeasureable. His care, compassion, and professionalism are outstanding. I thank the higher power for working through him in being instrumental in his patients lives. My quality of life has improved very much since I start the treatment regiment at Atlas Chiropractice 6=weeks ago. Recommedation to others who are experiencing back and or neck pain see Dr. Nygarrd for changes.
Ronnie in Black Mountian, NC – Nov 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Nygaard, DC?
Thank you Dr Nygaard you helped me get relief from migraines after suffering for over 30 years I am very greatfull. My husband has had 4 rotator cuff surgeries and still suffered pain when sleeping on his side. He was developing head and neck aches and I suggested he try Dr Nygaard. He went for about 3 months and his pain is gone. He now can sleep on his side and sleeps all night with no pain. We are two happy pain free patients
Mr and Mrs W. Otto – Oct 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Nygaard, DC?
Atlas Chiropractic has been my family's choice for chiropractic care for over 15 years. Dr. Nygaard and his staff are friendly, helpful, compassionate and most importantly effective. From headaches, to giving birth, to most recently a debilitating neck injury that is almost 100% better, Dr. Nygaard has seen me through it all for which I am beyond grateful! I highly recommend Atlas Chiropractic and Dr. Nygaard to anyone seeking chiropractic care and looking to feel their best!
Farra in Asheville – Apr 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Nygaard, DC?
I started going to Atlas Chiropractic about one year ago. I suffer from debilitating migraines. dr. Nygaard and his staff are very welcoming, friendly, and knowledgeable. I am able to make last-minute appointments with ease, and I don't think I've waited more than 5 minutes in the waiting room! Dr. Nygaard has given me tools and education regarding migraine treatment and prevention.
April Zilliox in Arden, NC – Apr 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Nygaard, DC?
Throw all past experiences with traditional chiropractic out the window and give Atlas Chiropractic a try. You won't be disappointed! Dr. Nygaard and his staff are pleasant and will to work with your schedule. I have been going for years and would recommend anyone in pain to give it a try. It really works!
Chris S. in Hendersonville, NC – Apr 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Nygaard, DC?
I have seen Dr. Nygaard three times so far and am very impressed. My headaches and level of pain have diminished and I look forward to further treatments and continued healing.
Pisgah Forest, NC – Mar 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Nygaard, DC?
Very concerned about his patients. He has helped my posture tremendously. I like him because he is gentle with his adjustments.
John H. in Asheville , NC – Dec 13, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Nygaard, DC?
Dr. Nygaard is very passionate about good health. He takes the time to explain everything he is doing and the effect. He really helped us overcome the pains in our backs. The staff is very friendly and helpful.
Gayle H in Swannanoa, NC – Dec 10, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Nygaard, DC?
I would absolutely refer any friends and family to Dr. Nygaard. He takes the well-being and overall health of his patients very seriously. He has worked wonders in my life. I could never thank him enough.
Cindy in Asheville, NC – Nov 22, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Nygaard, DC?
I had seen Dr Nygaard quite a few years ago. I was desperate and in horrible pain MDs had been no help. I was desperate and I thought I would give it a try. What he did worked and I was 100% pain-free. I moved to the coast for a few years and when I came back he since moved. This time, it did not work. When he was at Westgate his office was standing room only. It's not now. He's now selling HCG diet (dangerous) Non-Surgical Spine Decompression (Scam Google it) He is a skilled DC IMO.
CG in Candler, NC – Oct 13, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Nygaard, DC?
Dr. Nygaard is one of the top chiropractors in the state of North Carolina people come from all over to get help from Dr. Nygaard with a variety of different conditions. Atlas orthogonal is a gentle approach that is much more comparable than general chiropractic manipulation.
Oct 12, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Nygaard, DC?
I woke up with a terrible pain in my neck and thought it be better to be safe. He took xrays and recomended I come back later that day to review them. Before I left they verified my insurance and he realized how good it was. Immediately he started adding on things for me to do that he didnt before. When I came back to review my xrays he said I needed an alignment. I realized that this guy just want money. When i said no he got very defensive and kept repeating his expertise. Do not go to him.
NA in Asheville, NC – Nov 19, 2015
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Nygaard, DC?

How was your experience with Dr. Nygaard?

No matter how long it takes, Dr. Nygaard and his team at Atlas Chiropractic of Asheville are committed to helping you get there!  And if you are uninsured...Read more

DR. DAVID NYGAARD DC, MS, MBA HAS BEEN THE SOLE DOCTOR AND OWNER OF ATLAS CHIROPRACTIC OF ASHEVILLE SINCE 1997.

EDUCATION BS, Special...