Dr. David Mitchell, PSY.D

Clinical Psychology ·  Male · Age 52

Dr. Mitchell

Integrated Behavioral Health Care

1201 Lake James Dr Ste 100 Virginia Beach, VA 23464

Dr. David Mitchell, PSY.D is a clinical psychologist in Virginia Beach, VA and has been practicing for 12 years. He graduated from Forest Institute Of Professional Psychology in 2005 and specializes in clinical psychology, oncology, and more.

Dr. Mitchell accepts

Dr. Mitchell accepts the following insurance:

Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Commercial Insurance Company
Community Health Choice
Coventry Health Care of Virginia
Federal Employee Program (FEP)
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
Health Net
HealthPlus
HealthPlus Amerigroup
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
inHealth
INTotal Health
Magellan Health Services
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
Medica
Optima Health
Value Options
Virginia Premier

No malpractice claims found for Virginia

Check if Dr. Mitchell treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Mitchell's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • ADHD Testing
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Adolescent Counseling
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Behavior Modification
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Marital Counseling
  • Marital Therapy
  • Neuropsychological Testing
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Pain Management
  • Panic Attack
  • Panic Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychological Disorders
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relationship Issues
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Separation Anxiety
  • Stress
  • Stress Management

Struggling with grief, depression, or self-defeating behaviors? Feeling challenged by work, finances, relationship or family issues? I'm a licensed clinical psychologist working with people to help them achieve lasting changes and create more fulfill...

• Clinical Psychology

4.3

Dr. Mitchell?
Dr. Mitchell's Performance
What People Say About Dr. David Mitchell, PSY.D
Dr. Mitchell was amazing. He helped me with my relatioonship and military related issues. Unlike my prior providers he was attentive, authenic, openminded, and did not pass judgement. He left suddenly and closed his practice because of a family emergency. He recognized even in himself the importance of priorities. I will forever grateful because he restored my faith in doctors and helped me get back on the right path. I hope whereever he is karma is treating him well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Mitchell, PSY.D?
I enjoyed my sessons with Dr Mitchelle. He was easy to talk to and vey helpful. He offered great tools. I was not able to reschedule more appointments because he left unexpectedly. I did not feel like rescheduling with a new Dr. I'm not sure what to think. It's a bit disappointing that no letters were sent or communication on his leaving. This was disappointing.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Mitchell, PSY.D?
I enjoyed speaking with Dr. Mitchell until he left unexpectedly with no notice given or contact number left.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Mitchell, PSY.D?
Wonderful counseling practice with flexible patient office hours. Pleasant office staff. No wait. Shiny smiling faces. I've had a positive experience. Dr Mitchell is outstanding. All the counselors seem to have a open and friendly dispositions. Good vibes.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Mitchell, PSY.D?
IBHC is the best psychology practice I've ever been to. A soothing experience, from my first appointment set-up through my office visits. Dr. Mitchell, clinicians and staff are easygoing, good hearted people. I see Dr. Mitchell, and feel he goes above and beyond as my therapist. He is one of the few authentically trained and credentialed DBT therapists in the Tidewater area. You'll receive wonderful care at IBHC.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Mitchell, PSY.D?
Love my Dr. Mitchell. Compassionate and caring. Male and female counselors available.The office staff are courteous and know how to book appointments for their doctors and counselors. Stress-free. No wait. Patient out, patient in. I highly recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Mitchell, PSY.D?
I did have to wait a few days for my first scheduled appointment, but it was well worth it. What good medical practice doesn't have a wait? On the other hand, compared to other counseling practices that had me sitting 30 - 90 minutes in a busy and noisy waiting room, that has not been my experience with Integrated Behavioral Healthcare. Dr. Mitchell is ready for our appointments with his door open when I arrive. The office staff is warm. Check in is a snap. Positive all around experience .
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Mitchell, PSY.D?
I concur with the other patient comments. The office staff are sweet whether on the phone or in the office. The doctors and counselors are smiling, friendly and caring. I have my sessions with Dr. Mitchell, whom I hold a sincere trust and high regard for. He has and continues to guide me through the most difficult experiences of my lifetime. Whomever a client sees, they will receive the best possible level of care. I'm seen as soon as I walk in the door.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Mitchell, PSY.D?
Highly recommend this practice. Dr. Mitclell is excellent. Both Dr. Mitchell and Dr. Jordan do testing, if necessary (ADD, IQ, personality, various psychological - educational). Haven't had any long waiting room delays. On time for every appointment I've had. If you happen to have to book out for your first appointment, it will be worth the wait. You'll receive great care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Mitchell, PSY.D?
Been to my share of psychologists. This one's a keeper!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Mitchell, PSY.D?
Convieniently located office. Plenty of parking. Staff's friendly and curteous. Dr. Mitchell is prompt and ready when I arrive for my sessions. A wise and compassionate doctor. Very encouraging. I like him a lot.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Mitchell, PSY.D?
Dr. Mitchell and his staff are simply the best. Unless I arrive too early for an appointment, I've never had to wait to be seen. Dr. Mitchell is always relaxed and upbeat. His easy style enables me to open up and share my feelings and concerns. I appreciate our therapeutic chats, which offer me the opportunity to hear alternative perspectives and solutiothat I hadn't previously considered as options to resolve pressing life issues. On a 5 star rating, Dr. M gets a 10.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Mitchell, PSY.D?
Always prompt and courteous, Dr. Mitchell has a pleasant and kind personality. He's not the stereotype psychologist prone to sitting mutely while I babble and he takes written or laptop notes. Rather, Dr. Mitchell listens, engages and interacts with me. I find him to be intuitive, supportive and empathetic, yet honest and forthright with me in an encouraging manner. I have the utmost respect for Dr. Mitchell, and I feel he has a sincere interest for my future success.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Mitchell, PSY.D?

How was your experience with Dr. Mitchell?