Dr. David Mitchell, PSY.D

Dr. David Mitchell, PSY.D

Clinical Psychology  |
Dr. David Mitchell, PSY.D is a clinical psychology provider who practices in Virginia Beach, VA. He is 50 years old and has been practicing for 12 years.

1201 Lake James Dr Ste 100

Virginia Beach, VA 23464

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Anthem
  • Community Health Choice
  • Coventry Health Care of Virginia

Learn about Dr. Mitchell

This content was provided by Dr. Mitchell "Struggling with grief, depression, or self-defeating behaviors? Feeling challenged by work, finances, relationship or family issues? I'm a licensed clinical psychologist working with people to help them achieve lasting changes and create more fulfilling lives. I work with individuals, couples and families. I see my role as helping to alleviate distress (anxiety, fear, vulnerability, depression) and promoting positive change. I have extensive training in psychological assessment, personality assessments, and other cognitive evaluations.

I specialize in treatment of anxiety disorders, mood disorders, stress related conditions, marital and family concerns and depression. I use Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Solution Focused Brief Therapy and Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy as a way of integrating optimal professional healthcare."

• Clinical Psychology
  • Psychology
  • Psycho-Oncology
  • Rehabilitation Psychology
  • Women's Health Psychology

Dr. Mitchell does not have any board certifications listed.

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depression
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Depressive Episode
  • Grief
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Attack
  • Panic Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychological Disorders
  • Relationship Issues
  • Separation Anxiety
  • Stress

• ADHD Testing
  • Adolescent Counseling
  • Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Stress Management

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• Crichton College
  • Eden Counseling Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2006
  • Liberty Family Services
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2007

Dr. Mitchell has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Mitchell has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Mitchell does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mitchell and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Mitchell's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mitchell to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Mitchell's Performance
in Virginia Beach, VA |
I enjoyed my sessons with Dr Mitchelle. He was easy to talk to and vey helpful. He offered great tools. I was not able to reschedule more appointments because he left unexpectedly. I did not feel like rescheduling with a new Dr. I'm not sure what to think. It's a bit disappointing that no letters were sent or communication on his leaving. This was disappointing.
Virginia Beach, VA |
I enjoyed speaking with Dr. Mitchell until he left unexpectedly with no notice given or contact number left.
in Knotts Island, NC |
Wonderful counseling practice with flexible patient office hours. Pleasant office staff. No wait. Shiny smiling faces. I've had a positive experience. Dr Mitchell is outstanding. All the counselors seem to have a open and friendly dispositions. Good vibes.
in Virginia Beach, VA |
IBHC is the best psychology practice I've ever been to. A soothing experience, from my first appointment set-up through my office visits. Dr. Mitchell, clinicians and staff are easygoing, good hearted people. I see Dr. Mitchell, and feel he goes above and beyond as my therapist. He is one of the few authentically trained and credentialed DBT therapists in the Tidewater area. You'll receive wonderful care at IBHC.
in Virginia Beach, VA |
Love my Dr. Mitchell. Compassionate and caring. Male and female counselors available.The office staff are courteous and know how to book appointments for their doctors and counselors. Stress-free. No wait. Patient out, patient in. I highly recommend.
in Virginia Beach, VA |
I did have to wait a few days for my first scheduled appointment, but it was well worth it. What good medical practice doesn't have a wait? On the other hand, compared to other counseling practices that had me sitting 30 - 90 minutes in a busy and noisy waiting room, that has not been my experience with Integrated Behavioral Healthcare. Dr. Mitchell is ready for our appointments with his door open when I arrive. The office staff is warm. Check in is a snap. Positive all around experience .
in Virginia Beach, VA |
I concur with the other patient comments. The office staff are sweet whether on the phone or in the office. The doctors and counselors are smiling, friendly and caring. I have my sessions with Dr. Mitchell, whom I hold a sincere trust and high regard for. He has and continues to guide me through the most difficult experiences of my lifetime. Whomever a client sees, they will receive the best possible level of care. I'm seen as soon as I walk in the door.
in Virginia Beach, VA |
Highly recommend this practice. Dr. Mitclell is excellent. Both Dr. Mitchell and Dr. Jordan do testing, if necessary (ADD, IQ, personality, various psychological - educational). Haven't had any long waiting room delays. On time for every appointment I've had. If you happen to have to book out for your first appointment, it will be worth the wait. You'll receive great care.
in Virginia Beach, VA |
Been to my share of psychologists. This one's a keeper!
in Virginia Beach, VA |
Convieniently located office. Plenty of parking. Staff's friendly and curteous. Dr. Mitchell is prompt and ready when I arrive for my sessions. A wise and compassionate doctor. Very encouraging. I like him a lot.
in Virginia Beach, VA |
Dr. Mitchell and his staff are simply the best. Unless I arrive too early for an appointment, I've never had to wait to be seen. Dr. Mitchell is always relaxed and upbeat. His easy style enables me to open up and share my feelings and concerns. I appreciate our therapeutic chats, which offer me the opportunity to hear alternative perspectives and solutiothat I hadn't previously considered as options to resolve pressing life issues. On a 5 star rating, Dr. M gets a 10.
in Virginia Beach, VA |
Always prompt and courteous, Dr. Mitchell has a pleasant and kind personality. He's not the stereotype psychologist prone to sitting mutely while I babble and he takes written or laptop notes. Rather, Dr. Mitchell listens, engages and interacts with me. I find him to be intuitive, supportive and empathetic, yet honest and forthright with me in an encouraging manner. I have the utmost respect for Dr. Mitchell, and I feel he has a sincere interest for my future success.
Have you seen Dr. David Mitchell, PSY.D?
Are you Dr. Mitchell?

Visit Dr. Mitchell

Dr. Mitchell accepts 28 insurance carriers
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Anthem
  • Community Health Choice
  • Coventry Health Care of Virginia
  • Federal Employee Program (FEP)
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
    Tricare
  • inHealth
  • INTotal Health
  • Magellan Health Services
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medica