Dr. David Mednick, PSY.D

Dr. David Mednick, PSY.D

Clinical Psychology  ·
Dr. David Mednick, PSY.D is a clinical psychologist in Hackensack, NJ and has been practicing for 26 years. He graduated from Yeshiva University-Ferkauf Graduate School Of Psychology-Albert Einstein Campus in 1990 and specializes in clinical psychology and clinical neuropsychology.Read his story

211 Essex St Ste 304

Hackensack, NJ 07601

• Locals (any local)

Learn about Dr. Mednick

Dr. Mednick's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Mednick "I work Full-Time as Co-Director of the Student Counseling and Psychological Services at Fairleigh Dickinson University. I have been there for over 25 years. My skills in Psychotherapy for a wide variety of mental health and personal health issues have been honed there, especially working with older adolescents and young adults (but we also have older adult students of all ages). I also have developed many presentations/workshops on a variety of mental health, communication skills, and personal issues issues. I now use many of these workshops for companies and groups that like to bring me in as a trainer for teaching their employees and management personnel about stress management, assertive training and other communication skills, dealing with difficult people, time management skills, cultural adaptation difficulties, and a host of other workshops I have developed. In my private practice I have seen patients referred from physicians and lawyers looking for help with head injuries, cognitive problems (such as memory, attention, concentration, and other changes in thinking abilities), driving phobias, chronic pain syndromes, anxiety and/or depression of all varieties, relationship issues, anger management problems, assertiveness issues (speaking up for yourself and dealing with criticism), communication skills, and more. I especially like to work with people who have been frustrated with the medical system who have chronic pain and need more help in controlling and learning to live with it. I teach easy to learn and very effective Relaxation Techniques for anyone dealing with anything from everyday stress to significant and severe anxiety. I take Personal Injury Protection (Automobile) insurance, and have very reasonable rates for those who pay out of pocket and submit to their health insurance for reimbursement as an out-of network provider (everyone's insurance coverage and deductibles vary greatly, but most receive some to all reimbursement - you need to check with your insurance). I will give you a receipt to submit and/or use for health tax deduction purposes at the end of the year. This allows us to work in issues in complete privacy and confidentiality, focus on any issues you wish to work on without Insurance Companies dictating how and how long and what kind of treatment you need. I usually try to work in a skill-learning way that will give you relief quickly, but for those who want or need longer treatment, we can develop a strong working relationship of trust and professionalism and expertise that frankly is hard to find in the field of Psychotherapy. I have a family and child, chronic health issues myself, and understand these issues that many patients are concerned that someone might not understand if they do not have the same life experiences. I have many personal interests which I believe are a cornerstone in maintaining one's good stress management and mental health, and I believe in appropriate therapist disclosure and active conversations. People often believe they need to be "crazy" or significantly impaired in their functioning to come see a Psychologist, but almost anyone can benefit from at least a short-term treatment with me in dealing with everyday stress that this world deals out to all of us on a daily basis. Many people, if not most, can learn more effective ways to communicate with others in order to get more of what they want in life. I can help you with specific skills training, based in research and tried and true techniques, that will improve your functioning and happiness. "

This content was provided by Dr. Mednick "I work with patients on a short-term & skills-oriented/goal-oriented manner so you can improve your functioning, comfort, and happiness as soon as possible. I tailor my approach to each patient to find what works for them individually. I am also available for consultations and workshops for business/industry, providing a meaningful, & results-oriented learning experience. I am interactive & dynamic in my approaches and look at each individual patient or organization for their specific needs."

• Clinical Psychology
  • Clinical Neuropsychology

Dr. Mednick does not have any board certifications listed.

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Individual Therapy
  • Life Coaching
  • Pain Management
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Stress Management
  • Wellness Coaching

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• State University Of New York-College At Purchase
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1984
  • Yeshiva University-Ferkauf Graduate School Of Psychology-Albert Einstein Campus
    Medical School | Graduated 1990
  • Fairleigh Dickinson University
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1990
  • Post Doctoral Fellowship-Bergen Neuropsychology Group
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1992
  • Yeshiva University-Ferkauf Graduate School Of Psychology-Albert Einstein College Of Medicine Campus
    Other Education | Completed 1990

Dr. Mednick has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Mednick has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Mednick does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mednick and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Mednick's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Mednick

Dr. Mednick?
Dr. Mednick's Performance
What People Say About Dr. David Mednick, PSY.D
RecentHighestLowest
a therapist who I finally could relate to. very personable and caring. extremely knowledgeable and brilliant.
Suffern – Nov 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Mednick, PSY.D?
The best. Has helped overcome thought to be impossible obstacles and has made my mind clearer than ever. Would recommend to anyone and everyone.
JC in New York, NY – Jan 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Mednick, PSY.D?

How was your experience with Dr. Mednick?