Podiatric Surgery  |
Dr. David Lee, DPM
Interests Family: My beautiful wife and 3 wonderful girls Christianity: I love my Lord and Savior, Jesus Interests: Saxophone, Electronic Wind Synthesizer, Keyboards- Dr. Lee plays contemporary Christian music for the worship band at his church Sports: Fishing, Target Shooting, Bowling, Off-Roading, Camping Influences Jesus Christ- How I am to live Kern G. Lee, my father- Work ethic Geoffrey K. Lee, twin brother- How to live life to the fullest Sandra Lee, wife- Seeing the greatness in everyone Victor Herlacher, M.D.- Making a difference in life Questions for Dr. Lee When you first meet your patient what is your purpose? My purpose is to understand, not just hear. I can't help a person if my knowledge of medicine doesn't relate to their personal situation physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. Most of my patients are surprised because I spend such a long amount of time with them during their visits. In the busy world of medicine it doesn't make economic sense. But truthfully, how well can you get to know someone in 5 minutes? By investing time with people I can gain a more thorough understanding of their condition and determine a truly effective treatment program. What's important for your patients? Truth. Conversation is the process. Understanding is the goal. Truth stands on the foundation of understanding when I work with people. My patients need to understand what is going on with them so that they can be involved in the decision making process of healing. Through truth and understanding people heal better and have less stress. Why did you choose Podiatry? My parents had a lot to do with the profession that I chose. In my high school years they guided my learning on which professions to search out. I explored dentistry, obstetrics and gynecology, and podiatry. After looking at the books on these subjects podiatry was an easy decision. In the early years of my schooling I wanted to work with athletes, however, as my understanding of surgery grew I knew I had to be a surgeon. What's our staff like? My staff is absolutely phenomenal. Just call our office and talk to them and find out for yourself. You'll find that they are the happiest people to work with. They will go out of their way to help my patients as well as me. How do you feel about your patients getting second opinions? I encourage it. Although I try very hard to relate to my patients so they can make good decisions about their care, I know I can't be successful with every patient. If a person feels the need to get better understanding or confirmation of a diagnosis or treatment, they should get a second opinion. Often I make unsolicited recommendations for second opinions to confirm very difficult cases. What is your policy about talking live with patients? Unless I'm with another patient I am always ready to talk to someone. My staff never says, "Dr. Lee's busy seeing patients" unless I really am. What do I do if I have a problem or emergency in the middle of the night or the weekend? Call me immediately. Don't wait until the next morning to call me. If you have a problem at 3 a.m. call me then, not at 7a.m. I actually sleep better knowing that you will call me without hesitation if you have a situation that either is painful or worries you. Don't worry about feeling abandoned on the weekend or in the middle of the night. You always have a direct private line to me.

18731 N Reems Rd Ste 640

Surprise, AZ 85374

Dr. David Lee, DPM

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • CareSource
  • Community Health Choice
  • Health Net
  • Health Net of Arizona, Inc.
  • HealthPlus
  • HealthPlus Amerigroup
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey

Learn about Dr. Lee

Caring, Gentle and Virtually Pain Free management. Educating my patients with accuracy so they can make the best informed decision is the goal of my care plan. Meeting the physical, emotional and sometimes spiritual needs is the foundation.

Dr. Lee's Experience

Dr. Lee's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Podiatric Surgery

• Podiatric Surgery
  • Pediatric Podiatry
  • Podiatry

Dr. Lee does not have any board certifications listed.

• Achilles Tendinitis

• Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Foot and Ankle Reconstruction
  • Nail Avulsion and Excision

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• Uop School Of Pharmacy
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1986
  • California College Of Podiatric Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1991
  • California College Of Podiatric Medicine
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1991
  • Western Med Center, Anaheim Psr-24
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1993
  • California College Of Podiatric Medicine (Ccpm)
    Other Education | Completed 1991

Dr. Lee has no awards or honors listed.

• Fancy Footwork, 06-13-2004
  • Featured on ABC and affiliates on Cosmetic Foot Surgery 2007, 2007

Dr. Lee does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lee and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Lee's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lee to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Lee Says:

I take my evaluations very seriously and care about what my patients think of me.

My most important goal is to let patient know that I care more about their welfare than anything else. This is why I commonly give my patients my personal cell phone number and also why I visit my patients when they are admitted to a hospital (rather than calling the on call hospitalist).

I always...

Dr. Lee's Performance
in peoria, az |
Good surgeon, poor bedside manners and communication. Surgery date, time and/or location was changed 3 times. He was over an hour late for my surgery with no notice after I was rescheduled from his first to last. . He showed little consideration for my pain and concerns post op. He is aggressive, awkward and I always left his office feeling uncomfortable and unsatisfied. Had a few communication issues with his office staff as well. Luckily I found an amazing doc to take over my care.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I am totally happy with Dr. Lee,s care he has provided me with. He projects a true empathetic aura and you can tell you are not just another patient when he is with you. He takes a genuine interest into your care. His office staff is caring and fun to work with. They know the insurance system in and out as well. Several of my visits Dr. Lee was teaching new podiatrist his skills. I hope that they also take his caring and warm relationship with their future patients as Dr. Lee does.
in Sun City, AZ |
I find Dr. Lee to be very knowledgeable, professional and attentive. Today is the third day since foot surgery. I've felt minimal discomfort by following the doctor's pain management plan that includes taking medication proactively, keeping the foot elevated, delivery of a numbing drip with a small tube to surgical site and tubes under the cast connected to a compact cooling machine that keeps swelling down. The first follow up check up was this morning and all looked very well.
Phoenix, AZ |
Totally professional. No nonsense. No hesitation in recommending Dr. LEE.
in Laveen, AZ |
Dr. Lee was the only podiatrist who was willing to stay late in order to treat my son during an emergency. He cares about his patients and values them. I am so grateful to Dr. Lee and his compassionate, kind staff.
Have you seen Dr. David Lee, DPM?
Are you Dr. Lee?

Visit Dr. Lee

Dr. Lee accepts 26 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • CareSource
  • Community Health Choice
  • Health Net
    Health Net PPO
    Medicaid
  • Health Net of Arizona, Inc.
    Health Net of Arizona HMO