David Jones, LCSW

Social WorkMaleAge 54

Social Work

David Jones, LCSW is a Social Worker in Mesa, AZ. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

David Jones, LCSW

Stapley Drive Integrated Care

1111 S Stapley Dr Ste 200 Mesa, AZ 85204
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Traditional Therapy – done online

Traditional Therapy – done online

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arizona

Check if David Jones treats your condition or procedure

David Jones' conditions and procedures:

• Addiction
  • Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Couples Therapy
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Individual Therapy
  • Relationship Issues

David Jones accepts

David Jones accepts the following insurance:

Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS)
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona
University of Arizona Health Plans
WellCare

David Jones' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend David Jones

Provided much needed help in changing my thoughts
David has changed my life by helping to identify and combat negative and destructive thoughts. Also, taught me methods for replacing those negative thoughts with better, positive and more accurate thoughts. He has helped combat overall depression and anxiety by teaching me and coaching me through cognitive behavioral therapy techniques. We worked together to identify destructive core beliefs that were making me unhappy.
DB – Nov 15, 2022
5/5 recommend
David is very knowledgeable. He is very easy to talk to and is not judgmental. He has a lot of resources that are available. I appreciate the skills David has taught me to be able to communicate better.
5/5 recommend – Sep 10, 2022
David Rocks!
Davis is very helpful!! David helped my fiancé and I rebuild and strengthen our relationship after it had gone down hill after having a baby. We were feeling distant and more like roommates and he was able to provide useful literature and skills for us to communicate our needs so that our friendship grew and our bond strengthened. I would recommend David or his relationship group for anyone who wants to rekindle the love.
Sep 10, 2022
Best Group I've Ever Participated In
I truly believe David is one of those rare gems that I am so grateful to have come across. I am still currently in his IOP group, and have been for almost 3 months, and I think he displays every characteristic of a therapist that really "gets it". Always open, accepting, willing to listen, advise, assist, explain, care, etc. I also think he shares great insight and knowledge in a way that is easily accessible to everyone. I have learned tremendous amounts about my brain, why I function the way I function, why I make (seemingly) stupid rash decisions, and I have learned it from a place of love, and free of judgement. I also love that he can laugh and joke around at (appropriate) times. I wish there were more stars and I wish there were more characters to allow me to explain all the ways in which he has already helped me, and continues to do so. David has been the only person in a number of group iop's to really reach me in a way that gets through, and for that I am extremely grateful!
Brandon Cooke – Jun 29, 2022
Would definitely recommend
David was the first social worker I’ve had in my foray into therapy and self learning. Although at first our sessions felt brief and impersonal, his great attitude and aptitude to change based on the client in front of him made our sessions more fulfilling as time went on. He gave me great advice and taught me valuable skills to be more emotionally and mentally healthy that I will hold on to and continue to practice. He is very knowledgeable and has the people skills to get through to someone like myself who is half his age and started with a somewhat stand off-ish demeanor. With his willingness to adapt and take critique after every session, I would feel comfortable recommending him to friends and family for a multitude of therapy sessions.
Omar G – Jun 23, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you David Jones, LCSW?
If I could leave more stars on this review, I absolutely would. David was my therapist for about 9 months. You will NEVER have to worry about David being present for your appointment, his attendance and attentiveness was impeccable. I would also like to compliment his patience. I had David in a group setting as well as 1 on 1. He had an ability about him to always help me find my own and best advice instead of him being the one to give the advice. He likes to use cost/benefit analysis to help find the most ideal solution. I have stepped down in my care and I am truly going to miss David. Great guy, great therapist. 5 stars without question.
Andrew Zavarella – Feb 15, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you David Jones, LCSW?
I have been in David's group therapy for a little over six months and it has been a long but good journey to experience. David is a great listener, has helped through many steps of recovery.
Feb 08, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you David Jones, LCSW?
I met David through group family/couples counseling. My family wasn't sure how it would work being in a group setting, but we were pleasantly surprised by how well David ran the sessions. He led us through great, helpful information with personal examples to help us understand and relate to the content and then gave us individual time to work through exercises. He is a very sincere, authentic person and cares very much about helping his clients. I learned some great communication/life skills from David. I would recommend him to anyone!
Jan 27, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you David Jones, LCSW?
I received family therapy with David (Which included me, my two sisters, and parents) I thought David did an excellent job in getting everyone to participate and apply the tools he was teaching. He was very knowledgeable and had great examples even from his own life of how to apply these communication techniques. He is very kind and passionate about his work. He really cares about his clients and his work and does a fantastic job, you'd be lucky to have him on your side.
Courtney Bristyan – Jan 22, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you David Jones, LCSW?
I have been working with David for about 6 months now, and I’m very happy with how things are going. He is professional, courteous, and genuinely cares about any problems/issues I have. He always makes sure I’m comfortable and listens when I speak. I have received multiple informational handouts throughout my sessions to aid me in my therapy. I am happy to say that thanks to David, I am feeling so much better now than when I first started meeting with him! I would easily recommend him to any family/friends, and really anyone, who feels the need to work on any struggles they have.
Nov 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you David Jones, LCSW?
I do group therapy with David Jones, and his methods and discussions are very, very informative and helpful. If you don't understand a topic he is discussing, he will explain it to us in a way we can understand. He reiterates topics so that we don't forget how important each step will help us and better understand that this is a process and doesn't just happen overnight. Best person I've ever spoke to about my issues. I would definitely recommend him to everybody that needs help.
Oct 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you David Jones, LCSW?
5 ?? ?? ?? ?? ??!!!!!!!! David A. Jones has been my counselor for the last 3 months. I see him 4 days a week for 9.5 hours, he is patient, caring, and understanding. His knowledge is remarkable and I highly recommend picking him as your counselor. His support these last three months helped me overcome something that I held on to for 10 years and I now feel like a brand new person. If you want to feel cared about or heard then pick David!!! Thank you so much David Jones for being apart of getting my life back! Sincerely, Kayla Cunningham
Kayla – Jul 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you David Jones, LCSW?
Would highly recommend! David has helped me grow in finding better ways to cope and manage my feelings, depression, anxiety, and how to positively reinforce my emotions into things that I enjoy. He is very helpful in helping you have a better understanding of personal growth. He is very kind and professional in his practice and hes a great listener!
Apr 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you David Jones, LCSW?
I have struggled with depression and anxiety since I was 7. I was on medication for most of my childhood for it until I was a teenager and started self medicating. After getting sober at the age of 33 I no longer had anything to keep my issues suppressed and honestly, I didn't really want to exist anymore. I only started seeing David 4 months ago but since then he has equipped me with the tools to work through my depression and anxiety and I have become and am still becoming a person I never knew I could be. Instead of hopeless, angry and a myriad of confusing things I am happy, confident and hopeful about approaching the challenges I face daily as well as the future to come. I'm truly glad I took the first step to reach out and that David was the one that was there.
Nick – Feb 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you David Jones, LCSW?
David has helped me immensely during these trying times with CoVid with depression and anxiety. As a Senior who has sheltered in place he has been spot on with our sessions and has opened my eyes to self defeating behavior. I highly recommend Mr. Jones!
Kathleen Mitchell – Jan 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you David Jones, LCSW?
I was a patient in David Jones’s TERROS Intensive Outpatient 2 group for substance abuse. Jones’s therapeutic format included the introduction of an evidence-based, CBT recovery-themed topic, followed by a discussion of opinions and experiences by group members. Jones was effective at highlighting the relevant portions of all members’ comments and relating them to the themed topic. He was respectful and empathetic to members’ unique experiences, as well as conscious and sensitive to the varied social identities within the group. He regularly projected a positive demeanor and fostered a supportive environment. He made monthly one-on-one meetings a priority and was concerned with receiving feedback and how to improve members’ experience. I would highly recommend David Jones as a substance abuse counselor, especially for those new to recovery. His curriculum and approach to treatment were essential to forming the foundation of my recovery.
Jen – Dec 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you David Jones, LCSW?
David helped me understand my addiction and gave me lots of good information about how to stay sober. He was enjoyable and funny, but got the job done and made us all feel comfortable. I would recommend him to anyone.
Jul 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you David Jones, LCSW?
David was my counselor for quite a few months and in that time he really helped me. I learned a lot from him. He's very sweet and empathetic and he really cares about his patients unlike some therapists that I know. I had to switch to a new group because David is IOP and I went down to sop which should be good but honestly I don't like my new group at all I wish I could go back to David's group. I literally cried and had a panic attack when I had to leave his group. He is by far one of the best therapist I think I've ever had! I know you cannot choose your therapist but if you get him as your therapist you will not be disappointed.
Caitlyn d. – Jul 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you David Jones, LCSW?
David is by far the BEST counselor I have ever had the pleasure of meeting! His true dedication to transform his patients lives is so special! If you are looking for an amazing counselor I reccomend him 100%!!! He has made such a positive impact on my life!
Lori Maughmer – Jun 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you David Jones, LCSW?
With David I have been growing tremendously. He has helped me learn how to speak my mind and set boundaries with friends and family members. I have developed a voice for myself, and that has been a powerful experience. His use of analogies has been extremly helpful in applying what I am learning to my own life. I am hopeful that I will grow into the mother that I want to become for my son.
Emily – Aug 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you David Jones, LCSW?

How was your experience with David Jones?