Clinical Social Work •  Male • Age 63

David Gordon

4476 Main St Ste 208 Amherst, NY 14226

David Gordon, LCSW-R is a Clinical Social Worker in Amherst, NY. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with David Gordon to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Clinical Social Workers in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for New York

• Relationship Issues
  • Sexual Abuse of Adolescent
  • Sexual Disorders

David Gordon accepts

David Gordon accepts the following insurance:

Beacon Health Strategies
Independent Health
Univera Healthcare
Value Options

David Gordon's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend David Gordon

4.761904761904762%

David Gordon?
Dave Gordon was able to listen to my concerns and help me feel much better. Along with listening, he offered insight and perspective that allowed me to look at aspects of my life in a way that was extremely helpful to me. He is very easy to talk to, and has a welcoming posture that makes you feel comfortable to share your feelings. His years of experience are evident in his comments. I highly recommend Dave Gordon.
  • Long wait times
Nov 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you David Gordon, LCSW-R?
We are a couple in our 30s who needed some help in breaking old habits and improving communication. We thought it was important to sort these things out before taking the next steps in our relationship. Over the months, David has been able to help us navigate conflicts and reconnect when we disagree. He helped us sort through back and forth of an argument, to hear what the other was really saying. We have left every session feeling heard and more committed. Thanks to David’s guidance, we also feel equipped to continue the work in between sessions. Our foundation feels stronger than ever. After some months working with David, we are happily engaged!
Couples Counseling – Aug 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you David Gordon, LCSW-R?
I never thought I would be one to need to go to counseling but David helped me over the course of a few months when I was in a very dark place in my life and I looked forward to those sessions and having him as an outlet during that time. David was very good with helping me view myself and my life through another perspective and showing me how to improve my emotions and emotional control to empower myself instead of beating myself up.
JDM – Aug 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you David Gordon, LCSW-R?
We communicated prior to the start of therapy specifically outlining my needs. However, Mr Gordon failed to provide help and when asked to help, decided he could not continue after numerous sessions, as a therapist. This was a profoundly disappointing, hurtful and harmful experience. I would not recommend him to anyone seeking therapy.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jul 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you David Gordon, LCSW-R?
Handily the best therapist I've ever spoken with- perhaps the most morally upstanding one, and I'm tremendously grateful for all of the time I've gotten to spend with him.
Apr 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you David Gordon, LCSW-R?
If you are looking for a therapist who will support, give guidance and instruction, lead you to analyzing your own emotions as well as pointing out what they see in your life story, then you may love working with David Gordon. I was struggling with dating after the demise of my 30+ year marriage and looking for a therapist to help shed light on several issues I was having. Dr. Gordon's experience with adults in the face of change was so incredibly helpful. As a listener, he was validating and was quick to frame my experiences to reflect my needs as I started dating. Specific skills/tools were shared that helped me gain confidence. And I was challenged as I told my story so as to really grow. He helped me see things from multiple perspectives and to question some of my own paradigms. My meetings here were mostly twice a month but when a crisis occurred, David was accommodating in order to find a slot for us to meet. I would highly recommend David Gordon.
Feb 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you David Gordon, LCSW-R?
David Gordon has helped me through many things in the past year. Without him I never could have gotten through it. He has made me a better, and stronger person. To anyone reading this I highly recommend Mr Gordon.
Dec 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you David Gordon, LCSW-R?
I found David Gordon to be a very kind and compassionate counselor. He helped my daughter through some very rough waters in her life and we are very grateful to have worked with him.
Nov 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you David Gordon, LCSW-R?
As a 20 year old college student, I have had trouble in the past with counselors having an inability to really relate to how I've responded to the stresses and issues of trying to grow up in our global, technological world. David is understanding and personable, I always felt like he was able to understand the quirks of my personality quickly and deeply, and knew how to best get through to me. As such, he was the first counselor I have had who really made me feel truly heard. Furthermore, he was always prepared and aware of what was going on in my life and worked to help me find tangible solutions to dealing with everyday and long-term stresses.
Jul 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you David Gordon, LCSW-R?
Dave has had a profound impact on me since I began seeing him on a regular basis for over a year and a half now. He is always prepared, listens attentively and provides a mechanism for his patients to verbalize and understand how they can improve their daily interactions with friends,family and colleagues. I wholeheartedly endorse Dave.
buffalo, NY – Jun 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you David Gordon, LCSW-R?
50+ YO Couple - We sought David's help when we decided to get married. Second marriage for both of us. We were struggling with expectations/relationships with ourselves and our older children. David is a great listener and helped us to become better listeners. He was easy to talk to and made it very comfortable for both of us to share what was on our minds. Our relationship is better than ever and we are very grateful to him.
Jun 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you David Gordon, LCSW-R?
I sought out David when I was struggling through some critical personal issues. He was always accommodating and helped me through with encouragement and helped me focus on my worthiness.
Jun 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you David Gordon, LCSW-R?
I’ve been seeing David for about 2 years now, and I have found him to be very experienced, knowledgeable and easy to talk to. His meetings have a very personal, easy-going feel to them, and I have found him to often remember things brought up in past sessions better than I do! I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for someone who not only listens, but gives honest feedback as well.
Jeff in North Tonawanda , NY – Jun 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you David Gordon, LCSW-R?
David Gordon works closely with our organization providing consultation, clinical services and training to clients. In addition to David's excellent clinical skills, he is a wonderful educator, and well liked by our team and the clients that are working with him.
May 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you David Gordon, LCSW-R?
I am a 64 year old female professional, now retired. I was dealing with depression and anxiety related to extreme stress from working 60-70 hours/week and feelings of failure over my decision to retire many years earlier than I had planned. I have worked with a number of counselors throughout my life, but none were as helpful to me as David Gordon. He has excellent listening skills and is able to reflect in a fashion that is concise and insightful. He was able to help me reframe my perceptions of the changes in my life in a very positive, yet realistic way, that helped me move forward. We worked together for 5-6 months, and I can honestly say 6 months after finishing therapy that I am doing very well. I could not have imagined a year ago that I would be feeling so happy, calm and hopeful about my life and career. Life is good! God is good! David’s skills were a critical component in my recovery!
May 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you David Gordon, LCSW-R?
As a retired professional, I am writing this as a recommendation for David Gordon.i have known David for over 25 years as a colleague and friend at Baker Victory Services. I have always had the greatest respect for him as a therapist and supervisor. He always looked out for the best interests of those he served. He led the way for our agency to become certified as a trauma-informed care agency. As a family advocate I refer potential clients to David. Those in need of competent professional help will be well-served to see him. Sincerely, Max Donatelli
May 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you David Gordon, LCSW-R?
David is a kind, gently provider. Our son sees him and they have developed a trusting rapport over the last year and a half. David believes in building trust so that a person can feel comfortable talking about difficult things. I am so glad we found him!
May 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you David Gordon, LCSW-R?
I am a 74 year old gay professional male. A friend recommended David to me when I was dealing with a serious crisis in my personal and professional life. David was extremely helpful in assisting me in developing both context and reality check for my situation. The seriousness of the challenge didn't go away but my resilience and ability to cope and regain my balance surfaced and helped me gain the perspective I need(ed) to reclaim my life. Davids gentle but persistent approach, his insights and humor, and his ability to draw me out were/are outstanding skills that were priceless in helping me begin the healing process. I unconditionally recommend David to anyone seeking assistance in regaining balance and healing in their life.
May 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you David Gordon, LCSW-R?
I am 40 years old mental health professional, and went to see David for some help with burn out. David is a compassionate and relatable therapist. His kind listening and consult helped me overcome a difficult moment in my career. I was able to get clarity, and learn from his knowledge and experience. I’d happily recommend him to others.
May 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you David Gordon, LCSW-R?
34YO Male - I very much appreciate David's practical advice and sense of humor in marriage counseling sessions with my wife. He does an excellent job in keeping us both engaged.
May 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you David Gordon, LCSW-R?

How was your experience with David Gordon?

Worked at Baker Victory Services for 28 years serving in a variety of clinical and administrative positions including the Division Administrator for Office...Read more

• Clinical Social Work