Clinical Social WorkMaleAge 64

David Gordon

4476 Main St Ste 208 Amherst, NY 14226

David Gordon, LCSW-R is a Clinical Social Worker in Amherst, NY. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with David Gordon to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Clinical Social Workers in your area

"Worked at Baker Victory Services for 28 years serving in a variety of clinical and administrative positions including the Division Administrator for Office of Mental Health Services supervision an Outpatient Clinic, Da..."

- David Gordon, LCSW-R

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Connect live with a provider virtually who can address a variety of symptoms, conditions, and care needs.

Find a Provider

• Relationship Issues
  • Sexual Abuse of Adolescent
  • Sexual Disorders

David Gordon accepts

David Gordon accepts the following insurance:

Beacon Health Strategies
Independent Health
Univera Healthcare
Value Options

David Gordon's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend David Gordon

David Gordon

My adult daughter and I worked together with David for several months of this year. It was a rewarding experience for both of us because he was so kind and personable, but at the same time he helped guide us to satisfactorily address and resolve our issues. My daughter and I see him as a very effective therapist and a caring person, and we would recommend him strongly to anyone who is looking for wisdom and guidance on their personal journey.
Cindy – Sep 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you David Gordon, LCSW-R?
Over the years I have experienced significant benefits and personal growth from working with a psychotherapist. For me, David Gordon has been a excellent practitioner of this art and science of that has led me to greater self-awareness and seeing where and how to make important changes that have improved the quality of my relationships and daily living. I give my highest recommendation to anyone considering working with David.
Aug 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you David Gordon, LCSW-R?
I worked with David over my last several months in New York state, and it was the best possible way I could have spent my time. He is a master of reframing: he knows exactly where to be sensitive and where to challenge. I can't recommend his services more highly.
Lindsey – Jul 28, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you David Gordon, LCSW-R?
I have a history of not attending or skipping sessions with other counselors-- I've been seeing Dr. Gordon for years and he is the ONLY professional I feel like I can talk to and truly be honest with. He's been in the practice for years and it's evident that he has grown within time due to his work experience and handling of patients' concerns. I highly recommend Mr. Gordon, especially if you're someone who is questioning if seeking help is the right thing to do be doing at the point you are in your life. You don't necessarily have to talk about how you're feeling every session-- Mr. Gordon genuinely wants to get to know and figure out ways for how he can relate to clients.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
itssecret1290@gmail.com – Jul 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you David Gordon, LCSW-R?
My experience with David has been a very positive and and caring one since moving up here to Buffalo. He’s went out of his way on numerous occasions to make sure I was getting the best treatment I could. It’s obvious David genuinely cares about his clients, and I recommend him to anyone looking to make a change in their lives.
Mar 31, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you David Gordon, LCSW-R?
Would highly recommend David to anyone feeling the need for direction, advice, and/or just someone to talk with. Our meetings varied from opinions on social events (Go Bills!), to how to navigate feelings during divorce, raising/ dealing with a teenager/college student, family & friend issues, career challenges, and the whole Covid upheaval. Most definitely a positive experience.
Mar 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you David Gordon, LCSW-R?
David has been amazing! He has helped me get through an extremely challenging time in my life. I had such tunnel-vision and felt like things were completely hopeless. He made me view things in an entirely different way and look at things more objectively. I never could have gotten through things without his help and support. David is someone that truly cares about his clients wellbeing and is so supportive! I recommend his services to everyone!
Jennifer – Mar 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you David Gordon, LCSW-R?
Dave Gordon was able to listen to my concerns and help me feel much better. Along with listening, he offered insight and perspective that allowed me to look at aspects of my life in a way that was extremely helpful to me. He is very easy to talk to, and has a welcoming posture that makes you feel comfortable to share your feelings. His years of experience are evident in his comments. I highly recommend Dave Gordon.
Nov 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you David Gordon, LCSW-R?
We are a couple in our 30s who needed some help in breaking old habits and improving communication. We thought it was important to sort these things out before taking the next steps in our relationship. Over the months, David has been able to help us navigate conflicts and reconnect when we disagree. He helped us sort through back and forth of an argument, to hear what the other was really saying. We have left every session feeling heard and more committed. Thanks to David’s guidance, we also feel equipped to continue the work in between sessions. Our foundation feels stronger than ever. After some months working with David, we are happily engaged!
Couples Counseling – Aug 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you David Gordon, LCSW-R?
I never thought I would be one to need to go to counseling but David helped me over the course of a few months when I was in a very dark place in my life and I looked forward to those sessions and having him as an outlet during that time. David was very good with helping me view myself and my life through another perspective and showing me how to improve my emotions and emotional control to empower myself instead of beating myself up.
JDM – Aug 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you David Gordon, LCSW-R?
We communicated prior to the start of therapy specifically outlining my needs. However, Mr Gordon failed to provide help and when asked to help, decided he could not continue after numerous sessions, as a therapist. This was a profoundly disappointing, hurtful and harmful experience. I would not recommend him to anyone seeking therapy.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jul 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you David Gordon, LCSW-R?
Handily the best therapist I've ever spoken with- perhaps the most morally upstanding one, and I'm tremendously grateful for all of the time I've gotten to spend with him.
Apr 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you David Gordon, LCSW-R?
If you are looking for a therapist who will support, give guidance and instruction, lead you to analyzing your own emotions as well as pointing out what they see in your life story, then you may love working with David Gordon. I was struggling with dating after the demise of my 30+ year marriage and looking for a therapist to help shed light on several issues I was having. Dr. Gordon's experience with adults in the face of change was so incredibly helpful. As a listener, he was validating and was quick to frame my experiences to reflect my needs as I started dating. Specific skills/tools were shared that helped me gain confidence. And I was challenged as I told my story so as to really grow. He helped me see things from multiple perspectives and to question some of my own paradigms. My meetings here were mostly twice a month but when a crisis occurred, David was accommodating in order to find a slot for us to meet. I would highly recommend David Gordon.
Feb 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you David Gordon, LCSW-R?
David Gordon has helped me through many things in the past year. Without him I never could have gotten through it. He has made me a better, and stronger person. To anyone reading this I highly recommend Mr Gordon.
Dec 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you David Gordon, LCSW-R?
I found David Gordon to be a very kind and compassionate counselor. He helped my daughter through some very rough waters in her life and we are very grateful to have worked with him.
Nov 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you David Gordon, LCSW-R?
As a 20 year old college student, I have had trouble in the past with counselors having an inability to really relate to how I've responded to the stresses and issues of trying to grow up in our global, technological world. David is understanding and personable, I always felt like he was able to understand the quirks of my personality quickly and deeply, and knew how to best get through to me. As such, he was the first counselor I have had who really made me feel truly heard. Furthermore, he was always prepared and aware of what was going on in my life and worked to help me find tangible solutions to dealing with everyday and long-term stresses.
Jul 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you David Gordon, LCSW-R?
Dave has had a profound impact on me since I began seeing him on a regular basis for over a year and a half now. He is always prepared, listens attentively and provides a mechanism for his patients to verbalize and understand how they can improve their daily interactions with friends,family and colleagues. I wholeheartedly endorse Dave.
buffalo, NY – Jun 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you David Gordon, LCSW-R?
50+ YO Couple - We sought David's help when we decided to get married. Second marriage for both of us. We were struggling with expectations/relationships with ourselves and our older children. David is a great listener and helped us to become better listeners. He was easy to talk to and made it very comfortable for both of us to share what was on our minds. Our relationship is better than ever and we are very grateful to him.
Jun 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you David Gordon, LCSW-R?
I sought out David when I was struggling through some critical personal issues. He was always accommodating and helped me through with encouragement and helped me focus on my worthiness.
Jun 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you David Gordon, LCSW-R?
I’ve been seeing David for about 2 years now, and I have found him to be very experienced, knowledgeable and easy to talk to. His meetings have a very personal, easy-going feel to them, and I have found him to often remember things brought up in past sessions better than I do! I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for someone who not only listens, but gives honest feedback as well.
Jeff in North Tonawanda , NY – Jun 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you David Gordon, LCSW-R?

How was your experience with David Gordon?

Worked at Baker Victory Services for 28 years serving in a variety of clinical and administrative positions including the Division Administrator for Office...Read more

• Clinical Social Work