Counseling  |
David Flowers, LPC-S
Approach to Counseling Research has shown that more than any other factor in therapy (particular steps taken, the therapist's degree and training, etc.), clients benefit most simply from a relationship with someone who is trained to help. I will value that relationship with you and, if I'm the right counselor for you, you will come to value it as well. My particular gift as a therapist is insight -- being able to understand complex situations and help a client understand them so clients can make choices about what they need to do to move forward. I approach counseling in a fairly structured, though not stuffy or formal, way. When we first begin meeting I will make sure I understand your problem accurately, then I will work with you to make a "treatment plan" -- a set of specific issues we'll need to work through and steps you may need to take in order to get to where you want to be. This can be changed at any time, but with this plan you will know that I understand your issue and know how to help you. In other words, you won't have to wonder if I know what I'm doing, or if you're making progress in counseling. You'll know. About Christian Counseling I have spent (so far) 20 years in the ministry. Spiritual perspectives are deeply ingrained in my worldview. If you value this and want to approach counseling from this framework, that's comfortable territory for me. If you don't, that is fine too. Not everybody believes what I believe or wants to live the way I choose to live. I will help you find your best way of living in the world on your terms. Besides, your counseling isn't about me anyway. Tell me how you want to fly, and I'll help you get where you're going. Education and Qualifications B.S. in Clinical/Community Psychology, University of Michigan-Flint MA in Counseling, Oakland University Licensed Professional Counselor in the state of Michigan National Certified Counselor Certified to use the Prepare/Enrich premarital and couple counseling programs and have nearly fifteen years of experience using them successfully. Ordained minister in the Free Methodist Church of North America Associations and Memberships Michigan Counseling Association Michigan Association for Marriage and Family Counseling Michigan Mental Health Counselors Association Teaching and Supervision I teach and supervise students who are getting their Masters degrees in Counseling through Spring Arbor University. I received my supervisor training at The Mentoring Institute in 2015.

2325 W Shiawassee Ave Ste 105

Fenton, MI 48430

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
  • McLaren Health Plan

Learn about David Flowers

I'm a Communicator

From the moment you first contact me, until we wrap up our professional relationship, you'll hear from me. I'll guide you through the process of setting up your first few appointments. I'll help you figure out issues with your insurance company. But most of all...

I'm a Professional

This means that, just like you have skills that I don't have, I have skills, developed over many years (and a lot of classes) that I will bring to bear on helping you overcome the issues that are getting you down. I'll make a treatment plan for you, suggesting directions you may wish to go, and collaborate with you to make sure it meets your needs. Though I'm a great listener, I will do more than that in counseling. I will use my unique preparation and knowledge to help you move forward, but I will never goad or push you.

I'm Active

Though we'll maintain a professional relationship, I will not be aloof or hard to talk to, or seem distant. I'll care, I'll help you, and you'll know it.

• Counseling
  • Christian Counseling
  • Grief and Bereavement
  • Individual Counseling

David Flowers does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Grief
  • Relationship Issues
  • Stress

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Couples Therapy
  • Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
  • Grief Therapy
  • Individual Therapy
  • Marital Counseling

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• University Of Michigan/Flint
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1992
  • Oakland University
    Medical School | Graduated 1997

David Flowers has no awards or honors listed.

David Flowers has no media or publications listed.

David Flowers does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are David Flowers and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

David Flowers' Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Are you David Flowers?