Dr. David Flaks, PSY.D

Dr. Flaks
Telehealth services available

David Flaks, Psyd

7401 Old York Rd Elkins Park, PA 19027

Dr. David Flaks, PSY.D is a Clinical Psychologist in Elkins Park, PA. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Flaks to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Clinical Psychologists in your area

See similar Clinical Psychologists in Elkins Park

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Dr. Flaks accepts

Dr. Flaks accepts the following insurance:

Amerihealth
Personal Choice
Medicaid
Tricare
Value Options

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Check if Dr. Flaks treats your condition or procedure

• Stress

Dr. Flaks' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Flaks

Dr. Flaks?
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (32)
  • Explained conditions well (32)
  • Listened & answered questions (32)
  • Long wait times (26)
Dr. Flaks is the best therapist I have ever encountered and would highly recommend him for anyone that wants practical, compassionate, thoughtful therapy. It is hard to put into words why he is so good. He meets you were you are and is able to bring you, softly and gently, to where you need/want to be. Don't hesitate--book an appointment with Dr. Flaks--you will be so glad you trusted him.
Sep 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Flaks, PSY.D?
Excellent therapist. Strong cognitive-behavioral approach with a warm & accepting demeanor. Truly helped me make some vital changes to improve my quality of life.
Aug 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Flaks, PSY.D?
Dr. Flaks was a tremendously supportive and helpful provider at a time when I was struggling with anxiety, depression, and a difficult job search. Months later, I feel I'm in a much better place thanks to his services as a therapist.
AT in Philadelphia – Jun 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Flaks, PSY.D?
I found Dr. Flaks through the excellent reviews he received from others and he lived up to them all. Dr. Flaks helped me through a difficult time in my life, when things went from good to bad in an instant. He is always 100% focused on listening, administering advice and different therapies. I am a stronger person now than when I started. It's good to know his door will always be open. Thank you Dr. Flaks!
Donna – Nov 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Flaks, PSY.D?
Dr Flaks is a highly skilled and compassionate therapist .But more importantly he is empathetic and empowers the patient to deal with their issues. Using different therapies, he helps the patient find the solution and power to restore them back to mental health. He doesn't give up! I can truly state that it was only due to Dr Flaks guidance and support , that I was able to free myself from the depressions and trauma that limited me my whole life. I will forever be grateful to Dr Flaks for help.
JoAnn T in Trenton – Oct 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Flaks, PSY.D?
Dr. Flaks has changed my life for the better! He is kind, caring and listens to your every word. He really knows me better than I know myself. I consider him more of a friend than a therapist. There are not enough words to describe how grateful I am that he is my therapist.
Maria in NJ – Aug 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Flaks, PSY.D?
Dr. Flaks provided phenomenal support to me over the course of about a year. When I first visited his office I was experiencing symptoms from compounded trauma that were severely controlling my day-to-day living. Thanks in large part to his support, I have experienced a complete re-centering, and tremendous growth. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Flaks.
Laura – Apr 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Flaks, PSY.D?
Dr. Flaks is a wonderful therapist. I can honestly say I was very particular about who I chose to receive therapy from, so before finding Dr. Flaks, I met two other therapists, but I found that Dr. Flaks had a very warm, welcoming, and professional approach that I didn’t find with the others. It was easy to feel comfortable with Dr. Flaks and it’s very evident that he truly cares about his clients as he is always doing research on his own time to provide you with helpful materials and techniques
Jessica – Mar 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Flaks, PSY.D?
I really can’t say enough good things about Dr. Flaks. He helped me through some of the worst and most traumatic times of my life. He has so much compassion and empathy. Not to mention he is extremely intelligent and great at talking through any problems I had. He is the best!
Ashley – Feb 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Flaks, PSY.D?
I have been a patient of Dr Flaks for well over a year. From my first appointment to my last, Dr Flaks has helped me identify negative behaviors in myself which was ultimately ruining my happiness as well as the happiness of those i love most, my family. Dr Flaks was able to diagnose my depression and recommend medical treatment i was able to take hack to my primary physician. Dr Flaks not only saved my life, but his help and guidance helped save my marriage and my family. I highly recommend him
Blackwood, NJ – Dec 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Flaks, PSY.D?
Therapy with Dr. Flaks was pivotal in the many transitions that are currently taking place in my life. His approach was filled warmth, friendliness , and a true concern for my mental health . I have seen other therapists previously and none has surpassed the help that I received from working with Dr.Flaks at this time in my life . I am a domestic violence and sexual abuse survivor. Working with Dr. Flaks has helped me in overcoming these traumatic events and moving forward in my life
ZD in Washington, DC – Aug 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Flaks, PSY.D?
Dr. Flaks is helpful, understanding, and a joy to be around. As a patient I couldn't be happier with my experiences. He is the best.
Marlton, NJ – Mar 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Flaks, PSY.D?
Dr. Flaks is awesome. I totally trust this man, and his words of wisdom. I just strarted to see him and i feel totally peaceful in his office. Actually, this is the first time in my life I am now fully facing things that have bothered me and i look forward to his guidance and opinion. He has been gentle and kind, and i am sure his friends love him being their friend. i feel that this was the best move i personally could have made into facing things and having him be the guide along the way.
citrusgirl3 in Mount Laurel, NJ – Jan 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Flaks, PSY.D?
I have only been seeing Dr. Flaks for a few months but he has improved my life faster and better than any other therapist I have seen. Every time I leave his office He leaves me pearls of wisdom to get me til I see him again. I wish he wasn't my therapist because I would like him to be my friend.
Pam in Marlton, NJ – Aug 17, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Flaks, PSY.D?
Dr flaks has helped me and my husband work throug some difficult times. He is a very calm and gentle man.
Karen in Mercerville, NJ – Apr 06, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Flaks, PSY.D?
Dr. David Flaks often understood what I was experiencing better than I, myself, could explain it and he, most empathetically, cut to the essence of my problems and guided me in understanding them and changing my own reactions.
Yoel A in Trenton, NJ – Mar 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Flaks, PSY.D?
Dr. David Flaks is one of the most compassionate, intelligent, and pleasant people I've had the opportunity to know and consult for many years. An excellent, insightful, devoted, therapist, with boundless patience and creativity, David treats each client as a cared-for individual, which creates a safe, positive therapeutic experience. He balances great sensitivity with deep discernment and gentle, witty motivation to help people overcome fears and setbacks to greatly improve their lives.
Sharon Gavin in Franklinville, NJ – Mar 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Flaks, PSY.D?
I would rate Dr. Flaks as excellent! He was always warm and welcoming when I entered his office. I was going through a very difficult time in my personal life and Dr. Flaks really help me put things in focus during our meetings and I felt like he truly listened to what was bothering me. He truly loves what he does and I would highly recommend him!
Michelle Hess in Hamilton, NJ – Mar 29, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Flaks, PSY.D?
Dr. Flaks helped me to find my own answers. I ferl like I am talking with a wise and trusted friend, and I was comfortable with him from my first visit. I will never be able to thank dr. Flakes enough
RP in Trenton nj – Mar 29, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Flaks, PSY.D?
I have known Dr Flak since 2011 and was blessed to have him as my psychologist. I was starting a second career in nursing and went to him for support and advise while I was in nursing school and after! I would absolutely recommend him to any of my friends or family members as it would be a blessing to have him to talk to and help you deal with life problems! We all have problems, big or small and Dr Flak will be there to help you get through it!
Mar 29, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Flaks, PSY.D?

How was your experience with Dr. Flaks?

My approach is to help clients discover patterns of thinking or acting that hold them back and encourage them to modify beliefs or expectations that cause suffering. I create close therapeutic relationships with my clients and draw on a variety ...Read more

• Clinical Psychology