Dr. David Cranford, PHD

Clinical PsychologyMale

Clinical Psychology

Dr. David Cranford, PHD is a Clinical Psychologist in Reston, VA. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. David Cranford, PHD

Robert J. Bishop MD

1800 Town Center Dr Ste 420 Reston, VA 20190
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

• Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth

Traditional Therapy – done online

Traditional Therapy – done online

No malpractice claims found for Virginia

Check if Dr. Cranford treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Cranford's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • ADHD Testing
  • Adolescent Counseling
  • Autism
  • Behavior Modification
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Depression
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Grief
  • Individual Therapy
  • Intellectual Disability
  • Intellectual Functioning Disabilities
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychological Disorders
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relationship Issues
  • Stress
  • Stress Management

Dr. Cranford accepts

Dr. Cranford accepts the following insurance:

HealthKeepers Silver OAPOS-VA
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield

Dr. Cranford's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Cranford

4.4

Terrible Experience
I guess I had a very different experience than everyone else. I see all these 5-star reviews, and I wonder if we saw the same person. The Dr. Cranford that I saw talked so much (at $190 an hour, mind you) that I could barely describe my issues. There were sessions where he talked more than I did. And when he talked, he loved to talk about himself. Based on his behavior, I wonder if he thought the sessions were about him, and not me. I suppose I could have asked, if he ever stopped talking. The last straw was when I was trying to talk about a difficult experience, and he cut me off so that he could talk about himself. Maybe you'll have better luck, it looks like some people did. For me, I just ended up paying a lot of money to listen to this guy stroke his own ego.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
Feb 01, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cranford, PHD?
He is an amazing psychologist. After many trial and errors on other mental health professionals I came across him. He's great and I've been seeing him for quite a long time now. He is very caring and understanding. He listens to your problems and seeks to help you in any way possible. I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs help or wants change.
Sandy27 – Nov 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cranford, PHD?
I am in the mental health field and about 4 years ago I brought my son to Dr. Cranford to see if he had Autism. As I suspected my son ended up having the diagnosis and Dr. Cranford was very kind and patient with me and my son. I appreciate that the doctor asked about my background and how my cultural values might impact the diagnosis, family reactions, and treatment approaches. He also provided advice on how to best get the school to provide services to my son who now is doing well.
AB in Winchester, VA – Dec 28, 2015
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cranford, PHD?
I am forever grateful to Dr. Cranford for being willing to see beyond the hopelessness and frustration I was feeling as a parent-educator. He heard my cry for help when I worked to give other children the best education, while my son consistently failed, it's one thing when the child struggles in school, but the helplessness I felt as a parent could only be met by someone with a heart and mind to find a solution. Thanks Dr. C.
Hampton, VA – Dec 21, 2015
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cranford, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Cranford?

• Clinical Psychology