Dr. David Adams, PHD

Dr. David Adams, PHD

Clinical Psychology  |
Dr. Adams is a Distinguished Practitioner & Emeritus-Fellow of the National Academy of Practice in Psychology, a member of the American Psychosomatic Society, the Association of Medicine and Psychiatry, a platinum member of the National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology and holds a Certificate of Professional Qualifications from the Association of State and Provincial Psychology Boards.He is a graduate of the University of Cincinnati, Xavier University, holds two degrees from the University of Alabama and completed a postdoctoral fellowship in Philadelphia. Dr. Adams has served on the editorial board of Psychoanalytic Psychology, Psychotherapy Bulletin, International Journal of Medical Psychotherapy, and Psychotherapy: Theory, Research, Practice and Training and for many years was a medical psychotherapy-contributing editor to the Psychotherapy Bulletin. Dr. Adams is the author of greater than sixty articles on the impact of psychological functioning upon claims of disability, including the 1991 textbook chapter on Diversification of Clinical Practice, the 1992 centennial article on Psychotherapy in the Medical & Surgical Arenas, and two 1997 orthopedic textbook chapters in Soft Tissue Injuries (Windsor & Lox, Eds.) regarding chronic pain and psychopharmacology. Since 1988, he has presented seminars and regional workshops to physicians, nurse case managers, attorneys, employers and insurers addressing the psychological aspects of physical disease and injury.

5555 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd Ste 251

Atlanta, GA 30342

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia

Learn about Dr. Adams

This content was provided by Dr. Adams "Atlanta psychologist, Dr. David B. Adams, is Board Certified in Clinical Psychology (ABPP) and specializes in the psychological treatment of pain, depression, anxiety, sexual, and somatic symptom disorders in adults. He founded Atlanta Medical Psychology in 1985.

Dr. Adams is in the network of most health insurance panels which are listed on the Request Appointment form. Those seeking consultation should complete the Request Appointment form.

The Medical Quarters – Suite 251, 5555 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd. NE Atlanta, GA 30342-1703

In addition to his private Atlanta practice, Dr. Adams consults nationally to physicians, nurses, attorneys, employers, insurers, police departments, school systems, risk-management organizations and rehabilitations centers. He provides education regarding the psychological factors in chronic pain, work-related injury, disability, depression, anxiety and sexual dysfunction."

• Clinical Psychology
  • Psychosomatic Medicine
  • Psychotherapy
  • Sex Therapy

Dr. Adams does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Pain Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Sexual Dysfunction
  • Stress

• Individual Therapy
  • Pain Management
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Stress Management

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• University Of Cincinnati / Main Campus
  • Institute Of Clinical Training
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed
  • The Devereux Foundation In Philadelphia, Pa
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1975

Dr. Adams has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Adams has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Adams does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Adams and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Adams' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Adams to family and friends
Dr. Adams' Performance
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Adams is a true professional. Caring, direct, supportive, a problem solver. I would highly recommend him and have to friends who've been as satisfied as I have been. If you're willing to do the work he will help you figure it out. Then it's up to you to make the changes.
Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Adams is kind, professional, and knowledgeable. His result oriented approach helped me through a very difficult time in my life. I would highly recommend his services to anyone in need of help.
in Austell, GA |
After all the recommendations of co-workers, I searched reviews. He is wonderful, attention, skilled and talented. He helps you work through your conflict but makes certain that you realize how they arose and the ways in which they are expressed in your life.
in Atlanta,GA |
Dr. Adams was excellent! He helped me in a number or areas that were very important to me. I have worked with Dr. Adams over a several year period.
in Sandy Springs, GA |
After truly years of searching for the right doctor, I was recommended to Dr. Adams by several people I highly respect. He is the right person for me. I am very pleased and appreciative.
Chantilly, VA |
Completed care, went extremely well, and shall see Dr. Adams again if I return to Atlanta. He is very experienced and has a diverse range of information on both medical and mental disorders.
Norcross, GA |
I went through three other psychologists before I found Dr. Adams. What is so great about him is that he doesn't just tell you what you want to hear. He is always kind, but can be stern when the situation calls for it. He is incredibly intelligent and that comes through in his advice and counsel. He never condescends or seems impatient, nor does he pretend to have first hand understanding of every situation. Highly recommend.
in Sandy Springs, GA |
Very problematic background with my alcoholic parents and failed first marriage and failing second marriage. Went to see Dr. Adams because my wife gave me an ultimatum. We are both doing incredibly better. I plan to return to see him if problems arise in my future.
in Dunwoody, GA |
Absolutely the right decision for me. There is a wait time for that first appointment which makes sense. He is very tuned into what I am thinking and feeling. He is not a technique oriented individual. He simply addressed my problem(s) and the diagnostic feedback was excellent.
Atlanta, GA |
I have been a patient of Dr. Adams for almost a year, and I believe full heartedly that he is the best therapist I have ever gone to in all my years of therapy. He is patient, understanding, and a wonderful listener. He knows how to meet you where you are in your journey to healing and help you get to where you want to be. His "bedside manner" is relaxed, and I know I can trust him with anything that has been troubling me. I feel I have made more progress in this year than I have in the past
in Atlanta, GA |
Great experience and I am benefitting greatly. I offer my many thanks and admiration. I found and chose Dr. Adams by doing extensive online searching and reading comments from other patients.
Virginia Highlands, GA |
There is no one else I would recommend for psychological care. He truly is excellent and professional- he understood my problem right away, and I mean, right away. He's very busy but definitely worth the wait, and you feel private and at ease in his office (which, by the way, is beautiful, and shares the intersection with Scottish Rite and Northside Hospital. I found him last October after a long search.
Atlanta, GA |
Excellent doctor, very very skilled. I have already recommended him to coworkers.
Atlanta, GA |
Doctor and staff are outstanding. The setting is first class. I do not think I have ever been more comfortable and feel more confident with any other doc. Just a great practice. Thank you.
Have you seen Dr. David Adams, PHD?
Are you Dr. Adams?