Optometry  |
Male
Dr. Dat Duong, OD
Dr. Dat B. Duong is an Optometrist in Philadelphia providing complete eye care services for Philadelphia area and the surrounding communities for the past 15 years. As a licensed optometrist, Dr. Duong provides exams, diagnoses, and treatments of all disorders that affect the eye or vision. In addition to training in eye diseases and disorders, Dr. Duong is also trained in anatomy, biochemistry, and physiology. With this background, Dr. Duong is trained to recognize a range of health issues; such as glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetes and hypertension. He is a magna cum laude graduated from Pennsylvania College of Optometry at Salus University 2002. He has accomplished quite a few awards through out his career: -America's Top Optometrist by Consumer Research Council of America 2004-2013. -A participant of OD Glaucoma Advisory Submit by Alcon Lab Inc. 2007. -Examiner for National Board of Examiners in Optometry (NBEO) 2006-2012. -Philadelphia Optometrist of the Year awarded by Pennsylvania Optometric Association, selected by Philadelphia County Optometrist Society (PCOS) 2013. -Temple University Dean's List -Member in Phi Beta Kappa -Golden Key National Honor Society. -PCO Beta Sigma Kappa Honor Society -PCO Academic Excellence Award. -Member of AOA, POA, & PCOS. -President of Philadelphia County Optometric Society 2016-2017. Dr. Duong works hard to stay current on the latest advances in eye health and vision care and regularly attends continuing education seminars and advanced training courses. It is because of Dr. Duong's dedication to continuing education that our Philadelphia patients receive the most modern and progressive vision care available.

923 Arch St

Philadelphia, PA 19107

Dr. Dat Duong, OD

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Amerihealth
  • Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Keystone Health Plan East
  • March Vision Care

Learn about Dr. Duong

At Designer Eyes, your vision comes first.  We are here to serve you anything relating to your eye health, your vision, and your looks.  Therefore, it is important to have an annual eye exam, especially if you have any medical conditions (i.e. Diabetes, Hypertension, High cholesterol...).

• Optometry

• Retinal Testing
  • Rigid Gas Permeable Contact Lens Treatment
  • Soft Contact Lenses
  • Vision Screening

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Temple University
  • The Eye Institute
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2002
  • Elective Lasik Training Course by Pennsylvania College of Optometry
    Other Education | Completed 2001

Dr. Duong has no media or publications listed.

• Cantonese
  • Mandarin
  • Vietnamese

Dr. Duong does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Duong and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Duong's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Duong to family and friends
Dr. Duong's Performance
Fast and sufficient
in Philadelphia, PA |
I have s great experience every time I come here.
Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Dat was very friendly and took his time working with me. I enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere of his office, the friendly staff, and the ease with which I was able to make an appointment.
in Philadelphia, PA |
Very ease to schedule my appointment. Dr. Duong and the rest of the staff were patient and professional. Will definitely be returning for my eye exam next year!
in Philadelphia, PA |
Works with your schedule! Best optometrist I've met in Philadelphia.
in Philadelphia, PA |
Extremely pleasant doctor as well as staff. Scheduling the appointment could not have been easier. Dr. Dat worked around my schedule instead of me having to work around his. I was impressed with how much time Dr. Dat spent with me figuring out the correct prescription for my eyes.
Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Duong is very professional and made my visits very enjoyable. I will be going back for sure! Way more convenient than the larger retail stores!
in Philadelphia, PA |
This doctor is awesome and fast. He is affordable and works with you with any needs you may have. I have been using this office for services for 8 years and many more to come.
in Phila. Pa. |
I enjoy your office, and the love you all show there. It feels like home. If its busy or not the doctors come out and greet you , friendly conversation. Always let you know how your eyes are doing. Thanks again. Designer Eyes will always be my home. Yall hours, and walk-ins are the best.
in Philadelphia, PA |
I have been a consistently happy customer since 2008 my first visit! I will NOT let anyone else make my lenses or my designer eyewear except for Designer Eyes!!!!! Thank you Dr. Dat B Duong!!!!!!
in Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Duong is a great optometrist! Not only did he check my eyes but gave me a thorough explanation of the difference in my prescription. He is very professional. I never feel rushed or like "a number". Please note that although I saw him once in two years, before he moved i saw him previously at his former office. I lost track of him but am very glad I found him!!
Very good and thorough
in Philadelphia, PA |
Dr Duong was very patient in explaining all the steps involved in my eye care for someone that does not visit often it was very helpful and accurate. Office was easy to access and timely with a scheduled appointment. Have a follow up 2 weeks from now and expect the same.
in Philadelphia, PA |
Dr Duong is great! Very knowledgeable, and explain everything in details and make. Staffs are friendly and helpful! Highly recommended.
in Pennsauken, NJ |
Dr. Duong is very conscientious about his patients and ensures they fully understand what tests he's doing and why. He also recently started sending out text reminders for appointments which is great since I'm always on the go.
in Philadelphia Pa. |
Takes his time with your exam and makes sure your comfortable in every way, his service is outstanding, keep up the great work!!!
in Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Duong has a very gentle and caring personality. He is very knowledgeable and really takes time with making his customers comfortable and answering any questions. Visits to his office are always enjoyable.
in Philadelphia, PA |
Doctor was very pleasant and kind. The vice was extremely , no wait time which is great!
in Upper Darby, PA |
Dr. DAT Doing, was very peasant, educated and all.a round nice doctor. Very knowledgeable about all insurance,explained everything to you, and knows his stuff..gotta Check him out
in Moorestown, NJ |
Very prompt and professional service.
in Philadelphia, PA |
Very kind and professional doctor. Zero wait time. I felt very comfortable in his office. I definitely recommend him. He is excellent.
in Philadelphia, PA |
A doctor and staff to dream for. Short wait times under 10 min. He does not miss a detail and explains it so simple that anyone can understand it, both of my exams were super thorough. I never had contact lenses before and the staff took the time and practiced with me until I was comfortable enough on my own. I received sample contacts twice without a problem. They have one of the best frame collections I have seen with reasonable pricing. The doctor and staff are very flexible as well.
in Philadelphia, PA |
Was professional and efficient, and I really appreciate that he made sure I was comfortable with my new contact lens prescription.
in Philadelphia,PA |
Dr. Duong is a grey optometrist. He takes his time and is thorough.
in Philadelphia, Pa |
Oops... Typo... It should be good shape not sharp. Dr. Duong examined my eyes very thorough and efficiently. He will do some extra test to make sure my eyes are in good shape
in Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Duong's exam was very thorough and efficient. He knows the right question to ask and addressed my dry eye issue and pick up my mild astigmatism that improve my vision from 20/30 to 20/20.
in Yeadon Pa |
I really liked his skills as an eye Dr.
Have you seen Dr. Dat Duong, OD?
Are you Dr. Duong?

Visit Dr. Duong

Evening
Saturday
Dr. Duong accepts 20 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
    Select
  • National Vision Administrators, LLC
  • Spectera
  • Superior Vision
  • Vision Benefits of America
  • Vision Service Plan (VSP)