Chiropractic  |
Dr. Daniel Shaye, DC
Dr. Daniel Shaye received his Bachelor of Arts from the College of William & Mary in 1990, and received his doctorate (D.C.) as salutatorian magna cum laude from Logan College of Chiropractic in 1996. He earned his certification in chiropractic rehabilitation (CCRD, now known as ACRB Registered Level I) that same year, and went on to earn certification in chiropractic sports medicine (CCSP) in 1998. He earned his FIAMA (Fellow, International Academy of Medical Acupuncture) in 2000. He also has advanced training in dry needling, and a variety of rehabilitation and other techniques. A prolific writer, he has published many dozens of articles in local and national journals and publications. Personal notes: Dr. Shaye is an active athlete, and was the 1997 Colonial Road Runners Grand Prix overall champion. In both 2011 and 2012 he staged a strong comeback, finishing second overall each year. In 2011, he also performed well on the national running scene, placing 155thth in the over-40 (Masters) category at the USATF Club Cross Country National Championship meet in Seattle, WA. An avid multi-sport athlete, Dr. Shaye also has roots in basketball, martial arts, open water swimming, and ballroom dance. In addition to athletic endeavors, Dr. Shaye is participates in a wide variety of community organizations. He also enjoys his extended family and 2 beautiful nieces. He somehow manages to make time for simple gardening, landscaping, and fixer-upper work around his Williamsburg home, where he resides with his wife Nicole and their dog Leroy.

Performance Chiropractic

1307 Jamestown Rd Ste 103

Williamsburg, VA 23185

• Coventry Health Care of Virginia
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)

Learn about Dr. Shaye

You're unique, not a number or a "chart."  Why don't more doctors respect and understand that?  Our patients will be treated with the same attention to detail and quality of care we expect for our own family members.

We will use the full extent of our skill, training, and considerable experience to enhance the quality of life for our patients and our community, through both education and the use of hands-on, evidence-based physical medicine including chiropractic, acupuncture, functional rehabilitation, and soft tissue approaches.  We strive to empower & assist patients in achieving their highest level of function, both short term & long term.

• Chiropractic
  • Acupressure
  • Acupuncture
  • Chiropractic Sports Medicine
  • Massage Therapy
  • Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
  • Sports Medicine

Dr. Shaye does not have any board certifications listed.

• Back Disorders

• Physical Therapy
  • Spinal Decompression
  • Therapeutic Massage
  • Trigger Point Therapy

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• The College Of William & Mary
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1990
  • Logan College Of Chiropractic
    Medical School | Graduated 1996
  • Fellow, International academy of medical acupuncture
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2002
  • Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician (Acbsp)
    Other Education | Completed

Dr. Shaye has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Shaye has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Shaye does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shaye and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Shaye's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shaye to family and friends
Dr. Shaye's Performance
in Williamsburg VA |
All I can say is awesome! I have been going to Dr. Shaye for about 2 weeks for vertigo. My symptoms are about 75% better! Love the staff -everyone is so helpful.
in Williamsburg, VA |
I am very happy with every aspect of my care at Dr. Shaye's medical practice. The space creates a feeling of calmness and confidence from the time I walk in the door. The staff is very friendly and extremely helpful. Dr. Shaye focuses attention on me rather than elsewhere during our appointments and he cares about my healing. All the massage therapists are excellent but Lana is truly in a class by herself. She has helped me immensely on the road to wellness!
in Williamsburg, VA |
Friendly, fast and efficient service.
in Williamsburg, VA |
My new normal is so much better after my treatments with Dr. Shaye. The constant, everyday pain is no longer there!
in Williamsburg, VA |
I have been suffering with upper back pain for a long time. After attending a few appointments with Dr. Shaye, I noticed how much my back has improved. I am now able to sleep at night without being in constant pain. I would recommend Dr. Shaye to anyone who is tired of living of suffering with back pain. He has an amazing staff and it is a very relaxing environment.
in Williamsburg, VA |
Dr. Shaye was very professional and helpful. He saw me while I was vacationing the same day I hurt myself. Great clinic!
in Williamsburg, VA |
I drove for the first time in four months! Also, there is less pain. The staff (Nick and Kathy) is wonderful. They are always helpful, thoughtful and patient.
in Williamsburg, VA |
Professional and got the job done!
Williamsburg, VA |
Nick, thank you for always greeting me and my daughter with a warm welcome and a friendly smile. Whether you are on the phone or helping a client at the front desk, you always take time to say good morning. Your morning enthusiasm along with your kindness makes our visit with Dr. Shaye extremely comfortable. It gets us off to a great start!
in Williamsburg, VA |
Petra, massage therapist, did an excellent job using both light and deeper pressure. She asked for my input as to any discomfort and thoroughly discussed my problem before starting treatment.
in Williamsburg, VA |
I haven't felt this well since last August!!
in Williamsburg, VA |
Dr. Shaye has worked on my low back and neck for a few months and has gotten me to a very comfortable place. I am so glad that I found this wonderful group of people who I think of as my family. I will refer friends and family. Also, I had a massage from Stephen Waddell and he did a wonderful job.
in Williamsburg, VA |
My back feels better than ever! With Dr. Shaye's treatment, I'm achieving overall health and wellness. The new massage therapist and bodyworker, Stephen Waddell, works miracles! I'm going to be back to running and feeling great in no time! He's working out kinks I didn't even know I had! The staff are super kind and very helpful. I highly recommend Performance Chiropractic, and be sure to get a massage!
in Williamsburg, VA |
Dr. Shaye is an exceptional chiropractor. My first time at a chiropractor, and I am beyond pleased with the experience.
in Williamsburg, VA |
Stephen Waddell, massage therapist, helped my problem! My leg now functions much better than it did, and I have a much better range of motion. Even with just one session.
in Williamsburg, VA |
I came to Dr Shaye with 8/10 pain in my neck and (L) shoulder. Following chiropractic care this issue has completely resolved except for very occasional tingling in my arm. I have also received acupuncture for (B) knee pain (L) (R) which had gradually increased with weight bearing. After 5 acupuncture treatments the pain has decrease (B) and (L) knee flexion has increased. I am very pleased with these outcomes and appreciate Dr Shaye's professional expertise and friendly manner.
in Seaford, VA |
Dr. Shaye is the only person that I have been to see about my sciatica pain that truly took the time to understand what my problem was. He was more thorough with his evaluation of me than my primary care doctor who only wanted to prescribe a bunch of pills that did nothing to help me with my problem. Dr. Shaye was always on time with our appointments and always made me feel that he had my best interest in mind. I highly recommend anyone experiencing pain to see Dr. Shaye.
in Williamsburg, VA |
I am usually in the gym 5 to 6 days a week. I suffered a sever back injury that put me out of commission for a while. I was unable to lift heavy weights or run for any distance. I went to physical therapy per my doctors request and I got minimal relieve. I came to Dr. Shaye because I knew he is an athlete and would understand my need to get back in the gym. Following his treatment schedule, I was able to make steady gains and now I am starting to progressively lift heavy weights and run again
in Williamsburg, VA |
I have been having massage therapy with Dr. Shaye's massage therapist Katelyn. This is an amazing lady, who has been helping with pain control of my rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia. I have had some physical therapy to deal with this very severe flare up, but I have found that Katelyn's massage has helped more with the pain, often pain relief carrying into the next day. I first received a gift of massage from Katelyn and found that she is very attuned to her clients, makes a difference!
in Williamsburg, VA |
Dr. Shaye's office is so calm and welcoming. The staff is friendly and easy to work with. Dr. Shaye is thorough and gentle, and he radiates integrity. He clearly knows a lot about the body and how it works. The massage therapist in the practice was amazing as well - both thorough and gentle. I am a runner who started treatment for a recurrent injury, and I can honestly say that I finished my acute care with him feeling like I have a new body. I am now running both faster and happier.
in Williamsburg, VA |
I had really bad body ache and stiffness from the side effect of Chemotherapy. Thanks to Dr. Shaye he helps me with Chiropractic and Acupuncture! only took 7 treatment i can feel the different. And now i feel stronger than before. Not only that, his staffs are great! they always welcome us and make us feel like in our house! Again, thank you so much Dr. Shaye, Cathy and Cristal!
in Williamsburg, VA |
I happened upon Dr. Shaye when my wife came to him and engaged in a combination of acupuncture and chiropractic care. While initially skeptical I engaged in a series of neck adjustments to increase flexibility in the neck - which actually worked. I also had a couple of spinal adjustments, which again to my surprise worked in easing pain in the lower back. If he cannot help, he tells you. Staff is excellent!
in Williamsburg, VA |
I would recommend Dr. Shaye, he is very personable and professional. I felt comfortable from the start and my back feels 100% better too!
in Williamsburg, VA |
Thanks to Dr. Shaye and his team at Performance Chiropractic I was able to complete the 2015 MCM. Although I have always been physically fit, I had a variety of back problems this year and was sent to physical therapy. Physical therapy did not help so with no relief from the pain I went to see Dr. Shaye. In just a few months at Performance Chiropractic I was back on track for training and finished the Marathon feeling better than when I ran the MCM twenty years ago.
in Williamsburg, VA |
I feel like I'm a catwoman, I'm so flexible. All those years, I felt like someone poured asphalt down my back, I was so stiff. Now, I feel alive, I can breathe, I can move. I'm smiling all day! I feel like my joints have been oiled or something. Thank you!
Have you seen Dr. Daniel Shaye, DC?
Are you Dr. Shaye?

Visit Dr. Shaye

Dr. Shaye accepts 6 insurance carriers
    KeyCare PPO
    Southern Health PPO
  • Coventry Health Care of Virginia
    Coventry Health Care of Virginia HMO
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)