Dr. Daniel Salzer, PHD

Clinical PsychologyMaleAge 59

Dr. Salzer
17311 135th Ave Ne Ste C100 Woodinville, WA 98072

Dr. Daniel Salzer, PHD is a Clinical Psychologist in Woodinville, WA. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Salzer to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Clinical Psychologists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Washington

Check if Dr. Salzer treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Salzer's conditions and procedures:

• Adult Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
  • Asperger Syndrome
  • Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Hyperactive Impulsive Type
  • Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Predominantly Inattentive Type
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Childhood-Onset Bipolar Disorder
  • Depression
  • Generalized Anxiety Disorder
  • Mixed-State Bipolar Disorder
  • Pediatric Attention Deficit (ADD)
  • Psychiatric Evaluation - Child and Adolescent
  • Psychological Evaluation
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Social Anxiety Disorder

Dr. Salzer accepts

Dr. Salzer accepts the following insurance:

Aetna POS
Preferred Provider Network

Dr. Salzer's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Salzer

Dr. Salzer

Dr. Dan is an amazing child psychologist. He is knowledgeable, caring , patient and understanding. His suggestions and recommendations really helped us a lot.
SKS – Oct 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Salzer, PHD?
Dr. Salzer has been my psychologist for the treatment of depression for the past several months. He has been an outstanding doctor, a true expert at the level of a top professor, and his Ivy League education shows. Even though he is clearly world-class, Dr. Salzer still remains very humble. He works hard to find the appropriate diagnosis with a scientific approach, and then takes the time to learn about rare conditions whenever it is helpful, and then quickly and thoroughly creates a customized plan for treatment. His enthusiasm for his work and his superb psychological skills make him a significant asset to improving my health. Dr. Salzer has exceeded my expectations at every aspect, and I have no hesitations in recommending him as the ideal clinical psychologist. If you get the opportunity to see him, do not hesitate at all.
Oct 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Salzer, PHD?
When my son's therapist retired after 17 years of working together , I was devastated. I thought I will never find someone to replace him. Meeting Dr. Dan Salzer was like a breath a fresh air. He connected immediately with my son knowing exactly how to work with his personality. My son always looks forward every week to spend time with Dr. Salzer. Their sessions cover a broad array of topics which fulfill my son's aspirations. After each meeting my son comes home refreshed and joyful. I could not hope for a better therapist!
Anca M – Oct 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Salzer, PHD?
I knew from the initial phone conversation with Dr. Salzer that he was passionate and devoted to helping people. He took the time to ask questions about who my son is as a person, not just a patient. Upon my sons diagnosis, (ADD), which had been missed for years by other professionals, Dr. Salzer provided an abundance of information in the form of books, videos & professional knowledge, to help us fully understand that diagnosis. He is a kind, positive human being, and I, as a mother, am grateful for the help and understanding that he has given my son.
MT – Oct 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Salzer, PHD?
Dr. Salzer is really an expert in his field. My son was having some academic struggles in school and he easily and accurately pinpointed the reasons behind it. He wrote a very helpful and detailed letter so that the school can give my son the necessary support. During our visits, he did a very thorough evaluation during which our entire family felt comfortable and at ease to ask questions. I think he is at the level of a professor, especially when you walk into his office filled with books on most topics in psychology, which he lends to his clients. I was impressed. Do to our out of state relocation we were only able to work with him for a few months but he has supported us tremendously through the transition process.
Sep 28, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Salzer, PHD?
Dr. Dan is AMAZING! He is very kind and understanding. He also is incredibly observant and outstanding at providing accurate diagnoses. At each meeting Dr. Dan provided me with articles and books written about topics we discussed. His research is SO CURRENT. It has been so life changing to have my children see someone who is so kind and helpful. He was highly recommended to me from a friend and I have shared our family's amazing experience with all of our friends. What he has done for our family is life changing! I highly recommend Dr. Dan!
Jay – Sep 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Salzer, PHD?
Dr Dan is hard-working, kind, and very supportive. His work ethic and positivity make him a joy to work with. Our son has really enjoyed the time and our family has benefitted from his sound advice.
Stacy Shires – Sep 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Salzer, PHD?
Healtgrades Google reviews Dr. Salzer is unique among therapists in his listening skills and ability to ask the right questions at the right times. He has an intuitive empathy that puts the patient at ease in their confidence in his understanding of their concerns. I have seen therapists for most of my life and have stayed with Dr. Salzer for seven years because of the above reasons. Dr. Salzer does not solve your problems, he directs you towards solving your problems yourself, thus instilling self direction and a sense of accomplishment. While many therapists offer direct advice, perhaps Dr. Salzer’s approach takes more time and dedication to the self. This method not only helps the client in his or her struggles, but also reaffirms a solid sense of self and the importance of being that self. I have never felt judgement or being frown upon for feelings and opinions I may bring, and I have never felt like I had to withhold any information, even slight nuances. Nuance is where Dr. Salz
A most gifted practitioner – Sep 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Salzer, PHD?
Dr. Dan has been a huge blessing in our lives! He performed an evaluation for our 13 year old son and provided invaluable diagnoses that are helping us understand the way our son’s brain functions and to advocate for him at school. Dr. Dan is a warm and wonderful support and is continuing to partner with us as we explore treatments and tools to aid in our son’s growth. He continues to amaze us with his ability to really grasp the nuances of our son’s behavior and personality, and he has built a strong rapport and connection with our son. In our son’s words, “Dr. Dan really gets me!” We highly recommend Dr. Dan!
Rufina Beem Holcombe – Sep 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Salzer, PHD?
Dr. Dan is a gifted Psychologist. After a rigorous assessment and diagnosis process, he provided a framework of options to educate and mitigate areas of my life impacted by ADHD. In every session he demonstrates his abilities to listen, observe, and provide feedback in a relatable and understandable fashion. One example of this is his use of analogies to help simplify a complex concept/feeling. Leading to clarity and unlocking an "a-ha" moment that I have been trying to articulate for years. -Adult Male
Jul 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Salzer, PHD?
"We started seeing Dr. Salzer when my son was in fourth grade when he was having difficulties in school and at home. Entering his office was quite an experience. Three walls full of books along with many interesting knickknacks throughout. A little nerves on our part which soon disappeared with Dr. Salzer's kindness and ease. After our initial visit my husband and I , as well as our son felt we may have found the right person to help us. Off and on thought the past 15 years my son has contacted and seen Dr. Salzer for help and /or guidance. He has said that he feels most comfortable to share things with Dr. Dan. I would highly recommend Dr. Danial Sulzer for his professionalism, knowledge, kindness and true desire to listen and help. Only compliant would be his handwriting, like most doctors, it can be difficulty to read."
Jul 28, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Salzer, PHD?
Dr. Daniel Salzer cares deeply about the children he works with , and he is very supportive to the family as well – we truly feel like we are having more of a family psychologist, rather than a child one. He is extremely professional, understanding and through on the tests, analysis, interpretation of results and delivery of diagnosis. He made us, but more importantly our child feel very comfortable and accepted. We have become much more educated about mental health and different types of mental disorders on our joint journey to find the best match for our child’s situation thru reading the books and videos provided by Dr. Salzer. He has an incredibly busy office, full of games and books to keep everyone busy, always being able to accommodate our busy working schedule, and a very nice and calm person by himself. I would highly recommend him!
Stan Finkelshtein – Jul 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Salzer, PHD?
Dr. Salzer has been extremely helpful helping my 10yo kid go through divorce and out-of-state relocation. The series of sessions had to be short but greatly improved our relationship.
Jul 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Salzer, PHD?
Dr. Salzer conducted psychological assessments for two of my sons, both of whom were struggling with focus, social skills and generalized anxiety. Right away, Dr. Salzer set us all at ease with his genuine and friendly demeanor. He quickly found common ground in which to connect with each of my boys, drawing out their innate personalities through curious questions and lively conversation. It was obvious that he truly desired to understand the complex psychological characteristics of their unique brains. Even more impressive was that he remained positive and encouraging throughout, even when discussing potential challenges that my sons may eventually face in light of their diagnoses. He genuinely seemed to view them with an appreciation for their unique psychological gifts. The best part is that I now feel as though I understand my sons in a way that I didn’t before; consequently, I am better able to empathize and support them academically, socially and emotionally. Thanks, Dr. Salzer!
Amy Madsen – Jul 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Salzer, PHD?
We saw him over a few visits to have our son evaluated for ADHD and autism. He was great at explaining everything, he was incredibly thorough, and we left feeling very confident in the diagnosis we received. His office was incredibly full, and messy, and he works with paper and pen rather than online or via email.
Jennifer – Apr 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Salzer, PHD?
We have been going to Dr. Salzer off and on for the last 17 years. It started with my husband and we have brought our children to see him also. He has been very helpful when they have been struggling with anxiety and ADHD. He does a great job of educating and finding strategies for success. And recommending other professionals when medication would be helpful.
Elizabeth B in Seattle, WA – Jan 28, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Salzer, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Salzer?

• Clinical Psychology