Daniel Ackroyd, PMHNP

Nursing (Nurse Practitioner) ·  Male · Age 44

Daniel Ackroyd

Merrimack Valley Psychiatric Associates

5 Wallace St Methuen, MA 01844

Daniel Ackroyd, PMHNP is a nurse practitioner in Methuen, MA and has been practicing for 8 years. He graduated from University Of Massachusetts in 2011 and specializes in nursing (nurse practitioner) and psychiatric nursing (nurse practitioner).

Daniel Ackroyd accepts

Daniel Ackroyd accepts the following insurance:

Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
Massachusetts Behavioral Health Partnership
Neighborhood Health Plan
Network Health
Tufts Health Plan
Tufts Health Plans

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Check if Daniel Ackroyd treats your condition or procedure

Daniel Ackroyd's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Medication Management
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychosis

I believe everyone can be healthy mentally.

• Nursing (Nurse Practitioner)
  • Psychiatric Nursing (Nurse Practitioner)

2011

2.5

Daniel Ackroyd?
Daniel Ackroyd's Performance
What People Say About Daniel Ackroyd, PMHNP
I've been seeing Dan for two years now. Over the past year I've been struggling with resurgent OCD and anxiety, and he has been extremely supportive throughout the whole process, always being upfront with me about what to expect with my meds, and working out treatment plans. The negative reviews on here sound like they're about a totally different person, because Dan is the most compassionate and attentive provider I've had so far.
×Post a ResponseAre you Daniel Ackroyd, PMHNP?
I am a 48-year-old professional, who has ADHD. Knowing my diagnosis, I was referred to Dan by my PCP . As ADHD medication ( adderall ) It’s a controlled substance, it’s not easy to convince someone that you have it ( there is no lab work to confirm that you do ) Dan had me fill out paperwork , and took the time to ask me questions . I would highly recommend him ....
×Post a ResponseAre you Daniel Ackroyd, PMHNP?
Be aware he negative profiles and criminalizes(calls police) on clients women. There are no history forms to fill out. He insults, degrades and stigmatized his clients during the interview. He assumed I was lying about my entire life. I'm from California, not a frauding, cheating con artist. No tolerance for other cultures or lifestyles. Call A.G. or state to file complaint to STOP M H. Provider stigma and discrimination. People need help. I am a high level functioning educated professional.
×Post a ResponseAre you Daniel Ackroyd, PMHNP?
1st review ever because my visit with Ackroyd was so unacceptable I need to warn others before they reach out to this psychiatric nurse for help when he either doesn’t want or doesn’t know how to provide it. Extremely unprofessional and uneasy. After explaining my anxiety/depression symptoms he said he would not take me because of my “immaturity” as he only takes “high functioning adults” in his private practice (I am 24) and “there was something weird going on” (with me). Left the office crying
×Post a ResponseAre you Daniel Ackroyd, PMHNP?
Wouldn't recommend him if he was the last person on earth. My husbands therapist recommended him. He refused to take the case on as workmans compensation, so he charged him the copay for the appointment. Prescribed him some psych meds. When workmans compensation asked him for copies of the records, he conveniently told my family member he could no longer have him as a patient, and told him he didn't know how to treat him with all of his other medical conditions. That is not right!
×Post a ResponseAre you Daniel Ackroyd, PMHNP?
My insurance company found him for me and I had an appointment to meet with him tomorrow at 3:30. I spoke to him today around 1:00 and after a fairly brief conversation, because I’m bipolar and attempted suicide 12 years ago, he explained he’s in private practice and has kids, etc., so nicely told me that I’m a liability and canceled our appointment. Providers like him are one of the reasons why bipolar people die and are in and out of hospitals. Thank goodness I am not acutely ill.
×Post a ResponseAre you Daniel Ackroyd, PMHNP?
Dan Ackroyd is EXTREMELY knowledgeable about psychiatric medications. If you're looking for someone to just give you what you want, then don't go to him. He's a nurse practitioner, not a psychiatrist, he's not going to spend all day with you figuring out your life. If you're currently prescribed meds from your pcp chances are you're taking them the wrong way, or you're over/under prescribed. He's helped me cut my meds in half. And I feel amazing! He's great. Thanks Dan!
×Post a ResponseAre you Daniel Ackroyd, PMHNP?
I left this comment posted below far too soon! Daniel Ackroyd is extremely unprofessional along with being overly emotional, irrational and self contradicting. I made a huge mistake!! Kathleen Donovan in 7 Chester st | Sep 30, 2016 Dr Ackroyd does his homework. Recommendation of Prescribed medication was right on and has helped me immensely. It feels good to know you're not just a number. I highly recommend Dr Ackroyd
×Post a ResponseAre you Daniel Ackroyd, PMHNP?
He is extremely unprofessional. He is unsure of himself and his capabilities as a health care provider. After just one meeting, I could NEVER trust his judgement. He is immature and very inexperienced. Don't bother.
×Post a ResponseAre you Daniel Ackroyd, PMHNP?
Dan Ackroyd is very unprofessional. I never write any reviews but he was so terrible I had to warn people. I've been emailing him and texting him for 3 weeks with no answer. He finally answers my text saying he is dropping me for no reason and without notice. I advise anyone to stay away from him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Daniel Ackroyd, PMHNP?

How was your experience with Daniel Ackroyd?

Compare Providers