Cynthia Penwell, LCSW

Clinical Social Work •  Female • Age 56

Cynthia Penwell

Life Forward Counseling

8700 Manchaca Rd Ste 605 Austin, TX 78748

Cynthia Penwell, LCSW is a clinical social worker in Austin, TX. She specializes in clinical social work, child & adolescent psychiatry, and more.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Social Workers in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Cynthia Penwell accepts

Cynthia Penwell accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Blue Choice

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check if Cynthia Penwell treats your condition or procedure

Cynthia Penwell's conditions and procedures:

• Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
  • Gender Dysphoria
  • Grief
  • Pediatric Behavior Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Relationship Issues
  • Separation Anxiety
  • Social Phobia
  • Stress

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Cynthia Penwell, LCSW...

Offer an online patient portal portal?

Have free onsite parking?

Offer weekend visits?

4.5

Cynthia Penwell?
Cynthia Penwell's Performance
What People Say About Cynthia Penwell, LCSW
Cynthia has been our family therapist for as long as I can remember. Not only does she provide sound advice but she strongly empathizes & inserts her own experience into the conversation. Cynthia has helped me tremendously throughout the years and always makes time for a quick phone session should I be in need. Easily the smartest and kindest therapist I’ve ever had!
Mar 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Cynthia Penwell, LCSW?
Cynthia saved my life. She is warm, kind, funny, but most importantly she is a skilled therapist. I've been in and out of therapy since I was a teenager, and I think I've had more progress with Cynthia in a few months than I did in years with prior therapists. She's so matter of fact, it's refreshing, and yet I was in control of the process the entire time. I highly recommend this lovely person and fantastic therapist
Mar 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Cynthia Penwell, LCSW?
Reading the review in which Cynthia was given one star, I am amazed that this was your experience. First, almost every therapist has a 24 hour cancellation policy that a client has agreed to prior to beginning services, and if I had to cancel an appointment with less then 24 hours notice I would know that it is my responsibility to pay the fee. Secondly, my experience as with Cynthia has been nothing but positive. She is a supportive and empathetic therapist and I highly recommend her.
Mar 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Cynthia Penwell, LCSW?
Completely inflexible about bending her 'rules' at all and insisted on charging me $90 for our third session since I cancelled giving 22.5 hrs notice instead of 24 hrs notice. This was the first time I'd ever cancelled. My partner, who has attachment issues, begged her to reconsider since we were in crisis, and we'd already invested weeks into telling her about ourselves, and she refused. She treated us poorly and broke our hearts further when we were looking to her for help, all over $90.
Austin, TX – Oct 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Cynthia Penwell, LCSW?
Cynthia Penwell has helped my daughter make amazing progress with her anxiety in a short amount of time. She creates a safe environment, uses humor to relieve stress, celebrates success, and explains the mind and body in a way my adolescent understands. My daughter was initially closed to therapy, but she actually looks forward to it after just one session. I couldn't be more pleased.
Stacy Z. in AUSTIN, TX – May 05, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Cynthia Penwell, LCSW?
I recommend Cynthia with the highest confidence. She has a casual relaxed manner that makes it easy to discuss and understand even the most difficult and painful topics. She asks pertinent questions and offer solid advice and analogies. Cynthia is very honest, even when the message she is delivering is tough or challenging. She is absolutely the best therapist I have ever known or made an appointment with. I trust Cynthia completely!
Lori M in Austin, TX – Apr 25, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Cynthia Penwell, LCSW?
Cynthia worked with our family for 3 years. We had a teen in crisis. Our daughter was having problems with friends, at home and problems at school. We heard about Cynthia through a friend who referred us to Cynthia. I need to mention the majority of the issues we experienced where those with adoption. More severe behaviors related to attachment issues, and mental illness. But as a parent she appeared as an out of control kid. Cynthia worked with teen, us and the school as her advocate. Grateful.
Jen in Austin, TX – Apr 24, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Cynthia Penwell, LCSW?
Cynthia worked with our family for 3 years. More intensely at times and lesser at others. We had a teen in crisis. An intervention involves time, some very knowledgeable lead, a team school and good training at home. Adoption is difficult for any teen and those with additional trials such as trauma and neglect aren't something agencies spend a lot of time covering and if they do there is still a lot to learn. I'm grateful to Cynthia and her knowledge, responsiveness and intuitiveness. A gem.
Jp in Austin, TX – Apr 23, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Cynthia Penwell, LCSW?

How was your experience with Cynthia Penwell?

Letting Go Of Problems

In counseling or coaching individuals often report feeling stuck in old behaviors or overwhelmed by old emotions. The beauty of new research on the brain reveals that repeating old negative stories initiates emotion...

• Clinical Social Work