Crystal McCormick, LCSW

CounselingFemaleAge 54

Crystal McCormick

Making A Difference Support Services

1867 Airport Way Ste 200 Fairbanks, AK 99701

Crystal McCormick, LCSW is a Counselor in Fairbanks, AK. She is affiliated with Fairbanks Memorial Hospital. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Crystal McCormick to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Counselors in your area

"I believe we can best care for our patients and clients by empowering them to care for themselves.  One of my values is connecting people with the correct resources while providing emotional and spiritual support, wh..."

- Crystal McCormick, LCSW

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Alaska

Check if Crystal McCormick treats your condition or procedure

Crystal McCormick's conditions and procedures:

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Individual Therapy
  • Stress
  • Stress Management

Crystal McCormick accepts

Crystal McCormick accepts the following insurance:

Aetna PPO
Statewide

Crystal McCormick's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Crystal McCormick

Crystal McCormick?
  • Listened & answered questions (18)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (17)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (17)
    I worked with Crystal for about 3 years. While I struggled with depression and anxiety symptoms related to my work, Crystal listened patiently, helped me to reframe the situation, and gave me tools to decrease my symptoms. Ultimately, she helped me to have the courage to leave that negative situation and adapt to a new one. If I had not had that time with Crystal, those years would have been far more difficult than they were. I also appreciated having a counselor who was able to walk through this process with me through an authentic and compassionate faith-based perspective. Sharing those values made the experience far more meaningful for me.
    Becca – Feb 04, 2021
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Crystal McCormick, LCSW?
    Great perspective from someone with a similar educational background. Provided mentor experience and help me navigate a toxic relationship and transitional stage of life.
    Tia K. – Jan 24, 2021
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Crystal McCormick, LCSW?
    The stress of long work weeks and the need to discuss events at work with a professional led me to Crystal McCormick, LCSW. She is extremely professional and calm. Seeing her smiling face bimonthly brought rays of hope in our dark Alaskan fall/winters. Mrs. McCormick provided a safe and confidential sounding board for me to discuss my issues at hand. She offered suggestions providing me with ways to deal with my ADHD tendencies. I appreciate her willingness to continue on in an as needed status. With her help I was able to finish out to retirement and am feeling stronger within. I continue to work on my journey through my Yoga, yet feel relieved to know I can call her if I need an appointment.
    KsN – Jan 23, 2021
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Crystal McCormick, LCSW?
    I was referred to Crystal from a family member and it was the best decision I could’ve made to reach out to her when I did. Over the last few years Crystal has helped me handle numerous ups and downs through reaffirming Gods scripture during our sessions. She’s very encouraging, caring, knowledgeable and helps me understand my thoughts in a constructive manner.
    Veronica S – Jan 23, 2021
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Crystal McCormick, LCSW?
    I have been seeing Crystal for a few years and really feel it helps me. I have a brain injury and suffer with depression. When I feel overwhelmed, Crystal is always there to help me feel grounded. She will tell me different perspectives and help me see things from a different light. I really love that she provides a Christian environment and can relate scripture and recite scripture to situations we discuss. I have looked for a “Crystal” for years and am happy to have the religious aspect. We end every appointment with prayer, which I love. I have prayed for a Crystal and thank God for the blessing she is to me. She is “Making a Difference”. Debbie Fairbanks AK
    Jan 23, 2021
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Crystal McCormick, LCSW?
    Crystal is a wonderful counselor, mentor, and guide. I truly believe that I was divinely led to her as a therapist. As I struggled through a very difficult time in my life, Crystal provided loving wisdom and encouragement especially regarding my walk with the Lord. Her support fueled my ability to truly understand the position and identity I have in Christ. I have gleaned lifelong inspiration as I continue to focus on God’s love for and favor towards me.
    Carolyn Grossman Strong – Jan 23, 2021
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Crystal McCormick, LCSW?
    I received counseling services from Crystal McCormick for six months in 2019. These sessions were very helpful as she helped me understand and resolve the issues that were interferring with daily living. She used screening tools for depression and anxiety. She was able to make me face my strong and weak points with professional caring and compassion. She gave me methods to identify and strengthen problems and challenges in my life.
    Teri – Jun 24, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Crystal McCormick, LCSW?
    My daughter and I we’re very fortunate to find Crystal. She helped us to heal and love one another again. I love her technique of focusing on the positive relationship that we have had instead of the negative. Thank you Crystal! She also was able to be very creative and did online conference counseling calls with my daughter and myself, as we live in Alaska and Washington State.
    Oct 02, 2018
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Crystal McCormick, LCSW?
    Crystal is very friendly and easy to talk to. Made me feel a ease and I was able to open up to her.
    Kstyhryn Chagluak in Fairbanks, AK – Aug 31, 2017
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Crystal McCormick, LCSW?
    I have found my therapist. Easy to talk to. Gives feedback. Has really helped me come a long way.
    Courtney Hawkins in Fairbanks, AK – Aug 17, 2017
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Crystal McCormick, LCSW?
    Crystal was kind and compassionate and open to hearing about my concerns. She worked with me to find solutions that were relevant and applicable. I would recommend working with her.
    Anchorage, AK – Jul 13, 2017
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Crystal McCormick, LCSW?
    Crystal really helped me see my anxiety and depression in a different perspective. I was scared to do certain things but with the products, papers and advice she provided me, I felt more confident in my daily activities. I have a lot of trust with her as well! That helped me open up to her on what I wanted help on and what I needed to help my emotional state. Thank you so much crystal.
    Fairbanks, AK – Feb 01, 2017
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Crystal McCormick, LCSW?
    Crystal was amazing to work with. She got me organized to deal effectively with several life changes
    Michele in Fairbanks, Alaska – Dec 22, 2016
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Crystal McCormick, LCSW?
    I came to these appointments with specific expectations and she met each one of them. She listened with compassion and validation, taught me very helpful tools, helped me work through difficult situations, helped me find my own solutions, and at the end of each session (with my permission) she prayed with and for me, which always left me feeling peace and calm. I felt very empowered by the things she taught me. She supported my faith and everything she shared was in line with Christian values.
    Amie in Nenana, AK – Nov 09, 2016
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Crystal McCormick, LCSW?
    Very nice lady, good at listening to what you have to say, always willing to work with your scheduling.
    daniel m in Fairbanks, AK – Oct 13, 2016
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Crystal McCormick, LCSW?
    Extremely friendly and got me to open up when I was worried that I wouldn't be able to open up to someone new enough to make any progress.
    Eric in Fairbanks, AK – Sep 29, 2016
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Crystal McCormick, LCSW?
    Crystal has been my "life line" for the past 2 years. She makes me feel like I can go on and makes some decisions in my life. Crystal has encouraged me but has never been pushy for me to achieve my goals. There have been times when she is the only one that listens to me and responds in a way I can understand. I am blessed to have found Crystal.
    Mary Ann in Fairbanks, AK – Sep 28, 2016
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Crystal McCormick, LCSW?

How was your experience with Crystal McCormick?

I believe we can best care for our patients and clients by empowering them to care for themselves.  One of my values is connecting people with the...Read more

I hold a Master of Social Work degree from the University of Washington and am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW).  For over 15 years I have...Read more

• Counseling