Craig Tucker, LCSW

Craig Tucker, LCSW

Psychotherapy  ·
Craig Tucker, LCSW is a psychotherapist in Redlands, CA. He specializes in psychotherapy.Read his story

333 E Stuart Ave Ste F

Redlands, CA 92374

• Anthem
  • Blue Shield of California

Learn about Craig Tucker

Craig Tucker's bio

This content was provided by Craig Tucker "I started my private practice in Redlands in 2002. In 1993 I started my clinical training in school social work treating families with children who had severe emotional disabilities often due to abuse, neglect, or molest. I was trained in cognitive behavioral and Rogerian play therapy and Structural Family Therapy. In 1997 while working at Patton State Hospital in California, I received specialized training in cognitive behavioral techniques for treatment of sexual addictions. Later I received advanced training in Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT). DBT is an evidence based technique that has been proven effective in the treatment of the most complicated and persistent anxiety, depression, and personality disorders. I practiced the full DBT approach for several years with an excellent treatment team dealing with very difficult personality issues at Patton State Hospital. I continue to use much of the DBT approach but now only work in the last phase of DBT to address PTSD in individual practice. In 2005 I attended the Clinical Training Program at the National Center for PTSD. While there I received education on advanced assessment techniques and training in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Cognitive Processing Therapy, and Seeking Safety treatments for PTSD. In 2007 I was trained in the Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR). I am fully certified as an EMDR therapist. This is an exciting, fast, and very effective treatment for resolving past trauma, grief, and performance anxiety. It has become a major treatment component for me. From 2005 through 2009, while still maintaining my private practice, I augmented my PTSD training with experience treating active duty soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines and their families. I accepted short term consultant and treatment team assignments at several bases in Europe, Washington DC, and New York, and for one year at the Marine Base in Twenty-nine Palms California."

This content was provided by Craig Tucker "I am a fully certified EMDR Therapist specializing in treating trauma, anxiety, and impulsivity as it affects individuals and couples through EMDR and Gottman Method Relationship Therapy. If persistent worries due to disturbing memories are making it difficult for you to concentrate and to enjoy life and relationships, you can find relief. I focus on helping to reduce your disturbed sleep, physical tension, panic like symptoms, angry lashing out or risky behavior, and social withdrawal. PTSD is a specific focus but I also work with less severe depression, anxiety, performance, and relationship issues. Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing therapy (EMDR), and Gottman Method Relationship Therapy are treatments with a strong literature base to support their effectiveness. I favor goal oriented evidence based approaches to treatment."

• Psychotherapy

Craig Tucker does not have any board certifications listed.

• Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Relationship Issues

• Couples Therapy
  • Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)

No malpractice history found for California.

• California State University, Los Angeles
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1992
  • San Diego State University
    Other Education | Completed 1995

Craig Tucker has no awards or honors listed.

Craig Tucker has no media or publications listed.

Craig Tucker does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Craig Tucker and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Nearby providers with similar experience

Psychiatry