Courtney Stewart, LMHC

Courtney Stewart, LMHC

Counseling  |
Each of us has our own painful life events, and often have no idea how to cope with them. I founded Healing With Time, LLC in 2009 with the goal of helping those who have experienced a loss, and I strive to instill hope and healing with every client I work with. After losing my mother to Multiple Sclerosis in 2005 I began a journey of healing and personal self-exploration that led me to establish a pracitce specializing in grief and loss. I believe that I have a unique understanding of the grieving process, and use my expertise and understanding to helpmy clients understand and work through their loss, navigate through the anger, confusion, sadness, and frustration associated with grief, and eventually integrate the loss into the new person they will become. Because of my background, I am passionate about working with girls and women who have lost their own moms, recently or many years ago, and helping them understand the impact this loss has had on them. Each loss is extremely painful and I believe there is always an opportunity for growth and learning. In addition, after becomming a mom for the first time in 2013 and experiencing the ups and downs of this life transition, I have added counseling for first-time moms and dads to my list of specialties, along with helping parents who have more than one child learn to balance their new responsibilities and cope with any stress they are or have experienced. Becomming a parent is a wonderful time in your life, but it is hard, and it is a time when you will need support more than ever. I may not understand your situation completely, but I can certainly understand the feelings associated with it, and can help you move towards lowered stress levels, increased energy, and lowered anxiety.

237 Lookout Pl

Maitland, FL 32751

• Health Net

Learn about Courtney Stewart

This content was provided by Courtney Stewart "I treat each client as an individual, and encourage you to work at your own pace. You will never be forced into a "one size fits all" counseling approach, and I welcome all client's feedback on their needs and wants for the therapy process.  In our sessions you will find me to be upfront, honest, and encouraging as we process your struggles, using a combination of coaching and counseling techniques.

My goal is to help you feel better and live a happier, more balanced life, and I strive to end each session having given you a better understanding of your struggles and hope for the future. Whether it be coping with grief or anxiety, the struggles of being a new mom or dad, marital struggles, or increasing stress in your life, I use both personal and professional experience to provide you with techniques that will help you manage these life changes more effectively. "

• Counseling
  • Clinical Child & Adolescent Psychology
  • Grief and Bereavement
  • Individual Counseling
  • Marriage & Family Therapy
  • Women's Counseling

Courtney Stewart does not have any board certifications listed.

• Depression

• Rollins College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2004
  • Rollins College/Degree Of Master Of Arts In Mental Health Counseling
    Other Education | Completed 2009

Courtney Stewart has no awards or honors listed.

Courtney Stewart has no media or publications listed.

Courtney Stewart does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Courtney Stewart and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Courtney Stewart's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Are you Courtney Stewart?

Visit Courtney Stewart