Cory Shafer, LPC

Cory Shafer, LPC

Jungian Analysis  ·
Cory Shafer, LPC is a jungian analyst in Kingston, PA and has been practicing for 9 years. He graduated from Marywood University in 2005 and specializes in jungian analysis, counseling, and more.Read his story

675 Wyoming Ave

Kingston, PA 18704

(570) 332-2093

• Buckeye Community Health Plan
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Geisinger Health Plan

Learn about Cory Shafer

Cory Shafer's bio

This content was provided by Cory Shafer "I am a Licensed Professional Counselor with an MS in Counseling from Marywood University. I have been practicing professionally in the counseling field since 2005 and have worked in the mental health field since 1999. I have extended experience in family therapy as well as individual therapy and have worked extensively with children, adults and families. I practice as an Jungian-Existentialist however I realize that many clients may need different approaches to achieve success so I have also adopted an eclectic style of counseling in addition to my primary school of thought, I can utilize many different modalities of therapy depending on what the client brings to their sessions. I have specialized with anxiety, depression and grief counseling and I belong to the Association for Death Education and Counseling and am actively pursuing my PhD in Transformative Studies and my Certification as a Thanatologist. I am also an author and have recently published a book entitled "Dreams, Sessions and Observations-Poetry from Therapeutic Sessions", I have also just published my second book entitled "Using Nature to Heal your Emotions-A 30 day Journaling-Meditation Program". Please feel free to browse throughout the pages that are contained within this website, I hope you enjoy the content and I look forward to talking with you further if you should choose to make an appointment. I am also available for Drug and Alcohol Evaluations, Custody Evaluations and I am available to function as a expert witness in court concerning Mental Health with children and adults. I am also an adjunct instructor at Luzerne County Community College in Nanticoke Pennsylvania where I instruct students in the field of psychology and also education. I can also provide Diagnostic Court evaluations and I sometimes work as a corporate trainer and behavior analyst. As a therapist I have specialized training and experience in the treatment of childhood behavioral issues and cumulative, I have 14 years experience in working with both children and families in the therapeutic context both individually and within the family. My other specializations include grief and loss with the death process. I am also currently studying for my board certification in Thanatology, which is the study of the process of death and loss. My training and experience also includes both a broad and specialized treatment of both anxiety and depression. One of my great strengths is the ability to empower both children and adults to be strong and to find the power within them to heal that which is shattered and needs to be pieced back together."

This content was provided by Cory Shafer "Existentialism"

• Jungian Analysis
  • Behavior Analysis
  • Counseling
  • Hypnosis
  • Psychotherapy

Cory Shafer does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Marital Counseling
  • Marital Therapy
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Stress Management

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Wilkes University
  • Marywood Univeristy
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2005
  • Adec
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2009

Cory Shafer has no awards or honors listed.

Cory Shafer has no media or publications listed.

Cory Shafer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Cory Shafer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Cory Shafer's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Cory Shafer

Cory Shafer?
Cory Shafer's Performance
What People Say About Cory Shafer, LPC
I don't feel like a number. Mr. Shafer explains things in terms that anyone could understand. Most importantly I don't feel judged.
Kelly in Hazleton, PA – Mar 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Cory Shafer, LPC?

How was your experience with Cory Shafer?