Colleen Nolan, MS CCC-SLP

Colleen Nolan, MS CCC-SLP

Speech-Language Pathology  ·
Female  ·
Colleen Nolan, MS CCC-SLP is a speech-language pathologist in Charlotte, NC. She specializes in speech-language pathology, feeding, eating & swallowing therapy, and more.Read her story

8000 Corporate Center Dr Ste 107

Charlotte, NC 28226

Learn about Colleen Nolan

Colleen Nolan's bio

This content was provided by Colleen Nolan "My name is Colleen Nolan and I am the owner and sole speech-language pathologist at Soar Speech Therapy and Consulting. I am a certified speech-language pathologist in North and South Carolina. I have been practicing as a speech-language pathologist since 2004. HOW DID I GET HERE? Since I was young I knew I wanted to work with people and help them in some way. Growing up, my mother and older brothers volunteered for local groups servicing young adults with special needs. That provided me the unique opportunity to witness, from an early age, the amazing impact such work has on all those involved. Those memories stuck with me and influenced my path toward a career working with children, and specifically, children with special needs. Before receiving my master's degree in Communication Disorders, I worked with children on the Autism spectrum providing Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) both in the home, and later, with the New England Center for Children in Southboro, MA. In addition, I worked in an Autism program at Children's Hospital, San Diego and served as an aide to a resource specialist in a grade school. All of these experiences led me down the path towards speech-language pathology. While in graduate school at Emerson in Boston, MA, I was fortunate to complete a 6 month rotation with John Costello at the Boston Children's Hospital Communication Enhancement Center, where I received extensive training in Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC), which has since become a passion of mine. Over the past 13 years since receiving my master's, I have had the good fortune to work with some amazingly talented speech, occupational, and physical therapists. I attribute much of my knowledge and current therapy style to my first team in San Diego, CA, who exposed me to a more holistic, multi-disciplinary based approach to speech/language/feeding therapy that has forever shaped me as a therapist. Their influence showed me the importance of a "toes to nose" approach, looking at the whole child--his/her reflexes, postural stability, grading of movements (gross and fine), dissociation of movements, sensory system, etc.--and not just speech and language on its own. It also led me to deeper passions such as incorporating the horse into my therapy practice and participating in coursework for NDT and MNRI ®. I created Soar Speech Therapy and Consulting to allow me the freedom to bring this unconventional approach into the community of Charlotte, NC in order to provide families with an alternative to traditional speech-language therapy approaches. "

This content was provided by Colleen Nolan "Non-traditional approach to speech-language pathology: Patient-centered approach- Therapy is set up to meet the child's needs and how he/she learns best, be it through movement- based language activities (kinesthetic), sensory-based language activities (visual/auditory/tactile, etc.), hands-on language learning activities, play-based language learning activities, table-top learning activities or a combination of approaches. Call to learn more."

• Speech-Language Pathology
  • Augmentative and Alternative Communication
  • Feeding, Eating & Swallowing Therapy

Colleen Nolan does not have any board certifications listed.

• Articulation Disorders
  • Autism
  • Feeding Disorders
  • Oral Motor Problems
  • Speech Delay
  • Speech, Language and Learning Disorders

• Speech Therapy

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• Boston College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1998
  • Emerson College
    Other Education | Completed 2004

Colleen Nolan has no awards or honors listed.

Colleen Nolan has no media or publications listed.

Colleen Nolan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Colleen Nolan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Colleen Nolan's Reviews

Be the first to leave a review

Colleen Nolan?

How was your experience with Colleen Nolan?