Dr. Colby Cohen-Archer, PHD

Women's Health Psychology ·  Female · Age 49

Dr. Cohen-Archer

The Postpartum Adjustment Center

2365 Harrodsburg Rd Ste B225 Lexington, KY 40504

Dr. Colby Cohen-Archer, PHD is a women's health psychologist in Lexington, KY and has been practicing for 21 years. She graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University in 1998 and specializes in women's health psychology, psychology, and more.

Dr. Cohen-Archer accepts

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Kentucky

Check if Dr. Cohen-Archer treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Cohen-Archer's conditions and procedures:

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Birth
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Grief Therapy
  • Individual Therapy
  • Insomnia
  • Miscarriages
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Perinatal Disorders
  • Postpartum Depression
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Prenatal Care and Counseling
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relationship Issues
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Stress
  • Stress Management
  • Workplace Depression

I believe in the healing power of a caring safe relationship. It is in the context of our relationship together that I can help you learn new coping skills, think about things differently, deal with your emotions, and feel better. My goal is for you ...

• Women's Health Psychology

4.4

Dr. Cohen-Archer?
Dr. Cohen-Archer's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Colby Cohen-Archer, PHD
For me, it was over when she told me way too much info about another patient. Especially when it was kinda obvious who it was. I tried going a few more times but it was so upsetting. I’d been thinking about leaving anyway. She never seemed to have much of a plan. She is really sweet to talk to and I’d feel better for talking. But overall she just made me feel helpless and honestly worse for some of the feelings I had. She’s also very opinionated! My psychiatrist said she has a reputation for talking about her clients, even to other therapists, so then you have to worry about who you go to next. Please, just don’t start there!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Colby Cohen-Archer, PHD?
I'd never been to therapy but needed some help after a traumatic C-section. I'm incredibly mistrustful of doctors, so there were definitely "doctor" things about my experience that I'm sensitive to/didn't like, but in the end I think that going was helpful. I'm not "good as new" but victims of unnecessary/traumatic surgeries probably never are. I would recommend this postpartum adjustment therapy to anyone struggling emotionally after a birth.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Colby Cohen-Archer, PHD?
Dr. Cohen-Archer is a deeply compassionate and highly skilled therapist. I'm incredibly thankful for this relationship. Today I had my concluding session with her and I am amazed at how much progress we made in a year's worth of sessions together. I cried leaving that appointment, just overwhelmed with gratitude. Our whole family has benefited from this investment and I am a better mother because of her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Colby Cohen-Archer, PHD?
Very friendly and makes you feel comfortable.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Colby Cohen-Archer, PHD?
I met with Dr. Cohen-Archer about anxieties after having my baby. She was very professional and kind, offering treatment that matched my personal wants and needs. It was a very good experience.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Colby Cohen-Archer, PHD?
I noticed the memory/forgetfulness issues that other folks have talked about, but it's nbd. Remind her of things, and you'll be ok. She told me about some of her patients with pretty extreme desires and tasttes, she may not like it they have that, but when you hear about other folks in waiting room you feel normal and better. she helped me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Colby Cohen-Archer, PHD?
My time spent with Dr. Cohen -Archer was helpful as well as pleasant and I would highly recommend her. I felt safe, heard and validated.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Colby Cohen-Archer, PHD?
Worked with Dr. Cohen-Archer for the past year and am so thankful for her insight and expertise. I initially saw her related to ongoing and untreated postpartum depression but she was equally skilled in helping me deal with anxiety, relationship issues, the stress of parenting, and other thorny subjects. She remembered things from prior sessions, helped me find my way by thinking through situations myself instead of telling me what to do. I trust and value her opinion. Highly recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Colby Cohen-Archer, PHD?
Dr. Cohen-Archer is extremely helpful and a great listener. She was able to help me through pregnancy and gave me new coping tools for anxiety. I would recommend her to anyone who has anxiety or depression.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Colby Cohen-Archer, PHD?
lol does not seem to remember anything from the last session. Actually called me by the WRONG name once! (I guess another patient's?) IDK if she's seeing too many patients and jamming them in, but it's weird. Makes you feel like even though she acts nice, she's not looking at a person but a dollar bill. Mostly listens though, not much useful when she says anything.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Colby Cohen-Archer, PHD?
Dr Cohen-Archer is warm, kind, knowledgeable, and compassionate. I sought help from Dr C-A when my first child was about two years old for unresolved anxiety from a premature delivery and related NICU stay. She helped me process the trauma of that delivery, the subsequent PTSD and gave me the tools to decide how to move forward. I will definitely keep her in mind for after-delivery if/when we have another child. She offers support and validation for women who are struggling or unsure.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Colby Cohen-Archer, PHD?
Dr. Cohen-Archer was incredibly helpful in navigating PPD and intrusive thoughts. I tried a different therapist before coming to the Postpartum Adjustment Center and didn't get anywhere. It was a completely different story working with Dr. Cohen-Archer; her familiarity with postpartum conditions showed in the questions she asked. She knew how to guide me to pick apart what I was feeling and thinking, and then had the resources available for me to learn overcome and control my situation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Colby Cohen-Archer, PHD?
Dr. Cohen-Archer is amazing. She works with you to find what works best with you and let’s you steer the conversation to what you are struggling with at the time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Colby Cohen-Archer, PHD?
Running a factory mill it seems. Never remembers anything you've told her. It's like all her patients are just running together. She needs to start focusing on a smaller number of people.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Colby Cohen-Archer, PHD?
I highly recommend Dr. Colby Cohen-Archer. Not only is she an expert in dealing with postpartum issues, she also has helped me identify some underlying issues which may have contributed to my PPD. She is supportive, understanding, compassionate and caring and is truly an advocate for her patients. Before seeing Dr. CC-A, I honestly felt like a lost cause, but shortly after beginning therapy with her, my perspective changed and I began to see the light at the end of the tunnel, all thanks to her!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Colby Cohen-Archer, PHD?
PPD is such a sensitive and challenging thing to confront. I was recommended to Dr. Cohen-Archer by a friend and my midwife to walk through my struggles with PPD. I had never seen a counselor, struggled with depression or anything and I was unsure about seeing her, but once I met with her I never looked back. She helped me feel normal and assured me that I was not alone in my struggle. She also offered so much practical advice that proved to be life saving and freeing in the season. Just go
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Colby Cohen-Archer, PHD?
I went to her because I thought she'd be good for women. She gets the unfairness in a country basically created by men. But pretty much no useful advice. I tried to ask for something different or more helpful because I wasn't getting anywhere, I thought I was nice in doing it but I felt like she just got grumpy. It was weird in there after that. Why bother saying anything. Don't waste your money. Try Dr. Stone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Colby Cohen-Archer, PHD?
Really peaceful office. Thoughtful responses that show lots of insight, overall very positive experience
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Colby Cohen-Archer, PHD?
Dr. Cohen-Archer has been intrumental in helping me heal from Postpartum depression and anxiety. Until I began seeing her, it felt as if I was just surviving each day. It was her insight and coping techniques that truly brought some light back to my mind! She is empathetic and compassionate, and truly understands how to help women with this illness. I cannot say enough how thankful I am to have worked with her!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Colby Cohen-Archer, PHD?
She was OK for a bit, but when I tried to offer a different opinion on something, she acted like I had personally insulted her and seemed to get really angry. She reacted badly to attempts at expressing my own thoughts. See her if you just want to do what someone says without thinking. But if you have some of your own thoughts and want to discuss them, it can get really uncomfortable in there. It's hard to recommend someone you can't be open with.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Cohen-Archer?