Audiology  |
Clifford Olson, AUD
Dr. Olson is a Board Certified Audiologist and holds his doctoral degree from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Dr. Olson is a member of the Academy of Doctors of Audiology, a Fellow of the American Academy of Audiology, and holds his Certificate of Clinical Competency from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association. He is also an adjunct lecturer for the Department of Speech & Hearing Science at his alma mater. In 2006, following his service as a Marine Corps Scout Sniper team leader, he had an intimate understanding of audiology due to the time spent with a military audiologist. After completing his undergraduate studies at Lindenwood University in St. Charles, MO, he decided to pursue his doctorate in audiology. He moved to Arizona in 2015 because of his love for the outdoors. When he's not treating hearing loss, you will probably find him running or biking all over the greater Phoenix area.

Applied Hearing Solutions

4122 W Innovative Dr Ste 101

Anthem, AZ 85086

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona
  • SCAN Health Plan

Learn about Clifford Olson

Successfully treating hearing loss with hearing aids is about precision and following fundamentals.  For you to have the best hearing experience possible these two aspects are critical.  Unlike many audiologists, I also believe that auditory rehabilitation is critical to your success.  This is why my patients are required to undergo 11 sessions of at-home rehabilitation after being fit with hearing aids.  Hearing aids get the sound to the brain, but the rehabilitation helps the brain process the sound.  If we follow this process, I guarantee you will be hearing the best that you ever have with your hearing aids.

• Audiology

Clifford Olson does not have any board certifications listed.

• Conductive Hearing Loss

• Hearing Aid
  • Hearing Aid Adjustment
  • Hearing Conservation Program
  • Hearing Screening

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• Lindenwood University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2012
  • University of Illinois At Urbana-Champaign
    Medical School | Graduated 2016
  • Arizona Ear Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2016
  • Arizona Ear Center

Clifford Olson has no awards or honors listed.

Clifford Olson has no media or publications listed.

Clifford Olson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Clifford Olson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Clifford Olson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Clifford Olson to family and friends
Clifford Olson's Performance
in New River, AZ |
Dr. Olson is extremely thorough in his explanations of how the ear works and how it changes with age. His impressive use of the latest technical equipment to test my hearing and custom fit my hearing aids makes me feel I received the best of care. He has great patient presence, listens to my questions and never seems in a rush to conclude the appointment. I would recommend Dr. Olson to anyone within "shouting" distance. James Kane
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Olson exceeded my expectations for helping improve my hearing. I had two other attempts at hearing aids with other audiologists, but the results were poor. Dr. Olson helped me greatly.
in Anthem, AZ |
I have had single sided deafness for over 40 years. Recently my "good" ear started losing hearing too. Years ago I had gone to an audiologist but got frustrated and gave up. My husband encouraged me to go see Dr Cliff this summer and he fit me with hearing aids. He worked with me for months making adjustments and helping me to the point where now I love my hearing aids. Because of Dr Cliff, I feel so much less stress undstanding people in social situations.
in phoenix, AZ |
I have been seeing Dr Olson since January and he has done wonders for me. I had hearing aids but could not hear people sittiing next to me. I decided I needed to do something and just picked his name off of Google for a good audiologist. He has my hearing aids reprogramed and also a special device for one ear. I highly recommend Dr Cliff Olson.
in Sun City West, AZ |
I've had h. aids for 9 yrs. Until I started seeing Dr. Olson I could not hear or understand even with the h.aids in spite of purchasing 3 sets of H aids. He is the first audiologist who did intensive testing, in depth explanation of the sound process, showed charts with the results of testing. and the technology involved in hearing aids. He listens intently and answers questions in detail. He has a very positive attitude, & very dedicated to helping the patient have the best possible hearing.
in Sun City, AZ |
Cliff does a great job, knowledgeable, efficient and friendly. Highly recommended.
in surprise, AZ. |
Dr. Olson was prompt courteous and Friendly. He was very knowledgable in my area of concern. He discussed the various things that were available to me but he also gave me recommendations that were pertinent to my particular situation. He was able to fix my hearing aid and offered a very good plan for the future. I felt very personally cared for and satisfied. I would highly recommend him for audiology care.
in Sun Coty, AZ |
Our experience with Dr. Olsen has been very refreshing. It's nice to have a Doctor listen to your concerns and make an effort to help resolve them. He is very knowledgeable about audiology and is genuinely concerned about helping me have the best hearing I can possibly have at this point in my life. And his personality is friendly and comforting. I feel blessed and honored to know him.
Peoria, AZ |
Cliff makes you feel very comfortable - very patient and knowledgeable in explaining how the new hearing technology works and help you.
in Sun City West, AZ |
Dr Olson was highly recommended to me by a friend with hearing devices. Dr Olson did not disappoint. My first visit with him was lengthy and included familiarizing himself with my specific problems, thoroughly testing my hearing (after examining my ears) and then discussing the results. His next words were the most important to me, "We can help you"! He then explained procedures to me. His level of knowledge, interest and enthusiasm made me feel so comfortable and confident in his care.
in Buckeye, AZ |
After not being able to hear for almost 40 years, I'm now experiencing hearing that opened up a whole new world. Cliff took the time, patience, and experience, working with both my wife and I getting me into the right aids with the right fit. Professional, thorough, and compatent willing to go the extra mile.
Peoria, AZ |
Cliff is very user friendly and explains things very well.
in Sun City, AZ |
I have worn hearing aids for many years. The aids I was fitted with by Dr. Olson have been excellent. Dr. Olson has literally gone the last mile to make sure I am getting the best experience possible. His manner is friendly and professional. He has shown an extensive knowledge of hearing and problems related to hearing.
in SPhoenix, AZ |
My regular audiologist was at the other location this particular day. Dr. Olson, was filling in for her. He showed me how to change my Wind and Weather Protector on my Phonak hearing aid. He took his time and explain how my Cochlear Implant and Phonak hearing aid would work together. Especially, when I use the Rogers Pen and with my iPhone. This was my first meeting with Dr. Olson and I went away impress and happy he's on the staff at the Arizona Hearing Center.
in Surprise, AZ |
This is a mid-west boy who served his country in USMC deployed more than once, then got his education using GI benefits and old fashioned hard work...all impressive by themself, (no we aren't related...we just liked this man). More than that, he is using his education to great advantage here in the valley. This young man is such a breath of fresh air to my 102 yr old mother and myself. He was professional, knowledgeable, and just a nice person to have as a care provider. We are very pleased
in Peoria, AZ |
After having years of hearing aids which did not help me much, I was recommended to Cliff Olsen. He turned my hearing world around, I am discovering all the beautiful sounds that I didn't realize existed prior to having Cliff restore my hearing. He is a real professional and caring person . Thank you, Cliff!!
in Paradise Valley AZ |
I became totally deaf overnight due to a virus in both ears which was very frightening. After some of my hearing came back, the next step was hearing aids and that is when Cliff became my best friend. He explained everything to me in a way I could understand. He got to know me and my life style and that no two people are alike on what sounds are important. For me it was the sound of tennis balls bouncing on the court. I now hear my ball and everyone else's! Thanks, Cliff!
in Tucson, AZ |
All of my experiences with the Arizona Hearing Center have been positive. I feel that I have gotten great treatment from all of the staff and now that I have the Earlens, I am hearing better than I have in many many years. For all this, I am very grateful.
Phoenix, AZ |
Cliff is great, would definitely recommend. Always helpful and able to answer any questions.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I came in with low expectations based on my efforts to get what I needed from other hearing "specialists". I found exactly what I needed with no hassle or pressure to buy What I did not want or need! I'll be back,.
in Surprise, AZ |
Clifford Olson has helped me way beyond what I have experienced from other health care physicians. He treats me like an old friend - yet our only interaction has been thrlugh my vision treatments.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Cliff spent an unusual amount of time working with me to resolve a difficult hearing problem. His demeanor and his skill provided an encouraging result.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Knowledgeable and pleasant. Always helpful.
Have you seen Clifford Olson, AUD?
Are you Clifford Olson?