Chiropractic  |
Dr. Clayton Horstman, DC
Dr. Clayton Horstman completed his academic program with Cleveland Chiropractic College in 2012 receiving his Bachelors of Science in Human Biology and Doctorate of Chiropractic degrees. He also successfully completed all four parts of the National Board Exam as well as the physiotherapy exam. Since graduation Dr. Horstman practiced in Denver, Colorado for two years where he delivered over 6,000 adjustment and saw various conditions from headaches to foot pain to pain from pregnancy. He has treated patients of all ages ranging from a newborn baby to 90. Dr. Horstman has been mentored by several successful Doctors of Chiropractic in different styles of practices which gives him the experience and confidence needed to deliver accurate and proper care. Now he is excited to be in the Nixa, Ozark and Springfield areas to serve the many families of these communities.

811 N Main St

Nixa, MO 65714

• We do not accept health insurance

Learn about Dr. Horstman

First Visit

Your first visit will consist of everyone's favorite thing, paperwork.  After filling out your paperwork Dr. Horstman will look at your history and complaints and then discuss with you in further detail about your complaints.  He then will perform a thorough exam to find the cause of your condition.  After the exam is complete, if no x-rays or further test are required, he will give you your first adjustment to the dysfunctional areas.  If needed, physiotherapy such as exercises, electric muscle stimulation, heat, or ice will then be applied.

Second Visit

Your second visit should be two to three days after the first visit as Dr. Horstman likes to monitor how your body responded to the treatment.  If little to a significant response takes place then another adjustment and possibly more therapy identical to the first visit will be given.  If there was no response and its warranted, then the treatment will be altered slightly to ensure the dysfunctional area is being corrected.  Depending on how you respond will determine the recommended time between your next visit.  Following this treatment at home rehabilitative therapy can be recommended such as range of motion and strengthening exercises.

Your following visits will be determined upon your bodies ability to heal.  The quicker you heal, the more time between treatments and the slower you heal, the less time between visits.  The same goes for the type of treatment given.  If there is no progress in your symptoms, treatment will be altered and/or you can possibly be referred to another healthcare provider to best fit your needs.

• Chiropractic

Dr. Horstman does not have any board certifications listed.

• Back Disorders

• Physical Exams for Sports, School and Summer Camp
  • Physical Therapy
  • Trigger Point Therapy
  • Wellness Examination

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Missouri.

• Cleveland Chiropractic College Of Kansas City
  • Countryside Health & Wellness
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2012
  • Countryside Health & Wellness
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2013

Dr. Horstman has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Horstman has no media or publications listed.

• Portuguese

Dr. Horstman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Horstman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Horstman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Horstman to family and friends
Dr. Horstman's Performance
in Nixa, MO |
I slouched for years & when I tilted my head backwards it felt like there was a bump at the base of my neck. A difference after the 1st visit! After 3 visits, sitting up straighter than I had in years! For 2 years I battled foot problems. My feet hurt with nearly every step & I couldn’t curl or flex my toes or walk barefoot. Adjustments from previous chiro, podiatrist injections, taped toes, custom orthotics, pricey shoes didn't help. He adjusted feet & can now curl & flex toes & walk barefoot!!
in Springfield, mo |
His technique is very good, especially with my neck. I freak out about my neck getting adjusted but he does it in a way that is much better for my nerves. He is willing to listen and help with any issue as well as give at home tips. I also like the fact that he doesn't pressure you to come back for multiple visits. I live in Springfield and drive out of my way to Nixa for an adjustment from him.
in Nixa, MO |
I have had a very good experience wiyj Dr. Horstman. I have chronic back problems and he is able to keep me going. Just moved here in April.
in Aurora, MO |
We love going to see Dr. Horstman! He has a wonderful space set up that my kids love to play while he adjusts my husband or I. He also does wonderful when the kids need adjusted. He helped solve some awful pregnancy related pain, helped baby with issues with the car seat after he arrived. He's helped cure our migraines, sinus/ear drainage issues, asthma, hip pain, and much more. He listens to what our complaints are, works to relieve them and any other issues he finds as well.
in Nixa, MO |
Very grateful for amazing service. Back pain was really slowing me down. Iron Mountain was my first ever chiropractic experience and its was incredible. Dr. Hortsman got me in quick, explained everything thoroughly, and I left feeling immediate relief. Several days out from my first adjustment and I'm doing better than I have in years. Thanks Doc!
in Springfield, MO |
I highly recommend Dr. Horstman at Iron Mountain Chiropractic for anyone dealing with back issues...and even for those that aren't! I have had chronic issues for over two decades...while many doctors have offered meds and other ways to treat the symptoms, Dr. H has found solutions to the problem! I cannot recommend him enough!
Have you seen Dr. Clayton Horstman, DC?
Are you Dr. Horstman?