Christy Kobe, LCSW

Christy Kobe, LCSW

Counseling  |
Hi, I'm Christy. I'm glad you are taking a few minutes to learn more about my approach and how I may be able assist you. My Beliefs and Values: -I believe that you have inherent worth—regardless of your past, your struggles or shortcomings! -I genuinely care about where you have come from and where you are now—physically, mentally, emotionally, and socially. -I believe most everyone can benefit from counseling at some point in their lives. -I believe the support and perspective of a compassionate therapist can empower you to heal, grow and accomplish more of what is truly important to you. -I love working with people, and am grateful for the honor it is to play a part in your personal journey! I strive through our work together to empower you to improve yourself, your relationships and your life, by providing greater awareness, perspective, knowledge, skills and support to enable you to reach your unique goals and to create more joy, peace, meaning and depth in your life and relationships. My Goals are to: -Create a comfortable, caring, kind, compassionate, supportive, and confidential healthy working relationship with you, -Gain a solid understanding of you and your situation, -Assist you in setting goals to create the changes you want, and -Empower and support you in reaching those goals. The strategies and processes I use will be based specifically on your individual situation, needs, and goals. Could you benefit from working with me? Are you feeling overwhelmed at times with anxiety, self-doubt, panic or discouragement? Are you struggling to heal from, overcome or move forward from an unhealthy relationship of any kind? Are you going through a major transition like a divorce, moving away from home for the first time, job less, etc.? Are you struggling in your relationship with your child, spouse, family member or friend? Do you feel stuck—emotionally or mentally? Do you struggle with negative habits? Do you want more power over your life? Do you want to be more connected, understood and cared for in your relationships? Are you dealing with a situation where it could benefit you to get feedback from a third party? Are you wanting to create a positive change in your life and move forward? I am looking forward to meeting you and supporting you in creating the next chapter of your life.

2180 E 4500 S Ste 105

Holladay, UT 84117

Learn about Christy Kobe

This content was provided by Christy Kobe "I have a strong belief in the inherent worth and dignity of all people, and in the value of safe, healthy and compassionate human relationships. My goal is to begin where you are at---emotionally and psychologically---and to work together to create a safe space and therapeutic relationship and process where you can explore your struggles and identify your therapeutic needs and goals. It is my goal to empower, support and assist you in expanding your knowledge, skills and capacities to meet your therapeutic goals. It is my experience that as clients become more aware and accepting of themselves, and as they increase their knowledge and skills, they are more capable of finding peace, joy and satisfaction in their lives and relationships.

The treatment processes and interventions I use will be based specifically on your individual situation, needs, and goals. This is a collaborative and respectful process. I encourage my clients to take an active role in the therapeutic process, and to work on the things we talk about both during and between sessions. Generally, the more of yourself you invest in your treatment process, the greater your return. It is a joy and a privilege for me to be able to participate in my clients' process of healing, growth and development. "

• Counseling
  • Relationship Counseling
  • Social Work
  • Women's Counseling
  • Women's Health Psychology

Christy Kobe does not have any board certifications listed.

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Acute Stress Disorder (ASD)
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Adolescent Depression
  • Adult Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
  • Agitated Depression
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Attention Problems
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Depressive Episode
  • Difficulty Concentrating
  • Divorce
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
  • Emotional Stress
  • Generalized Anxiety Disorder
  • Grief
  • Inherited Conditions
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Neglect
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Attack
  • Physical Abuse of Adolescent
  • Physical Abuse of Adult
  • Physical Abuse of Child
  • Physical Symptoms of Social Anxiety Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Postpartum Depression

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Behavior Management
  • Behavior Modification
  • Child Abuse Assessment
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Coping Strategy
  • Counseling Services
  • Counseling for Gay and-or Lesbian Individuals
  • Couples Therapy
  • Crisis Intervention
  • Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
  • Educational Therapy
  • Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)
  • Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT)
  • Family Counseling
  • Marital Therapy
  • Marital and Family Psychotherapy
  • Mind-Body Focused Therapy
  • Mindfulness Technique Therapy
  • Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
  • Pediatric Counseling
  • Play Therapy
  • Psychodynamic Therapy
  • Psychoeducation
  • Psychological Counseling
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Sandplay Therapy
  • Solution-Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT)
  • Stress Management

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

• Weber State University, Ogden, Utah
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2000
  • Brigham Young University
    Other Education | Completed 2003
  • Certificate in Trauma-Informed Parent-Child Interaction Therapy from The Trauma Center---Boston, MA
    Other Education | Completed 2008

Christy Kobe has no awards or honors listed.

Christy Kobe has no media or publications listed.

Christy Kobe does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Christy Kobe and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Christy Kobe's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Christy Kobe to family and friends
Christy Kobe's Performance
Salt Lake City, UT |
Christy is compassionate & generous in both her advice & listening. I came to her as a friend, caught her in the spur of the moment with some concerns about a child of mine struggling with bullying, depression & anxiety. She graciously delayed her drive home to take the time to listen, ask some thought-provoking questions & offer some very insightful counsel. She was genuinely interested in helping me find solutions & at the sacrifice of her own personal time. Highly recommend her!
Salt Lake City, UT |
We really enjoyed working with Christy! She was professional and caring.
Christy helped me during a dark time in my life. She did so without passing judgement. She helped me not only with my initial problem, but together we identified several aspects of my life that I could improve in order to be more happy and rid myself of guilt. She is a great listener and asks pertinent questions, and then delivers sound counsel and advice.
Indianapolis, IN |
Christy was very easy to talk to and made me feel at ease.
Salt Lake City, UT |
I feel Christy is a good therapist on what she “SPECIALIZES” in. However, I found that she is not clear on with new patients on what she SPECIALIZES in, this can be misleading for new patients seeking treatment. She does NOT take insurance and her prices are high the 90-minute session rate (especially for just a one-time session). I also did NOT find her observations/diagnoses to be accurate or concurrent from what I have been told from other mental health professionals or seen in myself.
in Herriman, UT |
We were referred by a close friend to Christy for marriage counseling. We drove 45 minutes across town to see her because we loved meeting with her. She made us both feel understood, she really listened and gave us such great tools to help us build a great marriage. We left every session feeling more hopeful for our future together. She gave us such great tools for conflict management and communication. Sessions with Christy are worth every penny!
Ogden, UT |
Christy is amazing. With in a few visits she had an idea of diagnosis then carried through tests my next few visits. She was able to see something nobody in 30+ years anyone else saw and helped with my treatment. Since then I've been given a lot more responsibility at work and am excelling. She changed my life and marriage. I'm eternally grateful and indebted to Christy. There's not enough space in this review to list the great things she did for me. If you read this, thank you.
Lehi, UT |
We really enjoyed working with Christy. She helped our family in many ways and was very thorough. She gave us many tips and tools to use in our home. We would highly recommend her to anyone
Salt Lake City, UT |
Christy really cares about her clients and she works tirelessly to help them. Christy is great at knowing when to listen and when to explain and when to give advice. She puts so much effort into each and everyone of her clients in order to provide them with the best care. I would recommend Christy to anyone looking for a therapist.
in South Jordan, UT |
Christy helped my teen through a very difficult time. She was kind and very knowledgeable about the tools needed to help him. I am extremely grateful we reached out to Christy for help.
Have you seen Christy Kobe, LCSW?
Are you Christy Kobe?