Christy Kobe, LCSW

Christy Kobe
Telehealth services available

Christy Kobe, LCSW--Private Practice

2091 E Murray Holladay Rd Ste 22a Salt Lake City, UT 84117

Christy Kobe, LCSW is a Counselor in Salt Lake City, UT and has over 18 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from Brigham Young University-Graduate School medical school in 2003. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Christy Kobe to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Counselors in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Utah

Check if Christy Kobe treats your condition or procedure

Christy Kobe's conditions and procedures:

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Adolescent Counseling
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Codependency
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Marital Counseling
  • Marital Therapy
  • Marriage Break-Up
  • Neglect
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Attack
  • Pediatric Counseling
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Separation Anxiety
  • Stress
  • Stress Management

Christy Kobe accepts

Christy Kobe accepts the following insurance:

Self Pay

Christy Kobe's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Christy Kobe

Christy Kobe?
  • Appointment scheduling (45)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (45)
  • Listened & answered questions (45)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (1)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (1)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (1)
I cannot begin to express how amazing Christy is. Her training is thorough, and her experience is vast. She is very professional and will take you seriously. She is able to create a feeling of security in each session, and she is so compassionate, understanding, and non-judgmental. Our experience with her working with my spouse and me as a couple, with me as an individual, and also working with my child was so positive and successful. She was a therapist, mentor, coach, and cheerleader all in one. If you are ready to put in the effort required to reach your therapy goals and are willing to stick with it, there is no question that Christy will get you there and that your investment will return to you many times over. I wish everyone could benefit from Christy's expertise and experience as a therapist, but, alas, she is only one person. I plan on returning to Christy should I need further assistance in the future, and I will continue recommending her to all. Simply put, she is a godsend.
Jan 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Christy Kobe, LCSW?
I met with Christy at a very difficult time in my life, and I'm so glad that I did. Our conversations helped me to move forward, face my fears, have the tough conversation, forgive myself, and live authentically again. I am so much happier now. I would recommend her to anyone. Her support truly changed my life for the better.
Salt Lake City, UT – Jun 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Christy Kobe, LCSW?
Christy helped me work through a very difficult time in my life with compassion and encouragement. She listens carefully and helped me tremendously with my anxiety and self-doubt. She was easy to talk to and always professional.
Apr 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Christy Kobe, LCSW?
My experience with Christy was incredible. She helped me through some incredibly hard things and taught me to look at everything in a positive way. She helped me discover my true inner self and what it means to live in accordance with it. Going to see her was the best decision I ever made. I now feel ready to take on whatever adult life throws at me in a healthy way. She created such a safe and open environment to talk in. I’ve recommended her to friends and family and I will continue to do so!
Elizabeth Best in Salt Lake City, UT – Aug 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Christy Kobe, LCSW?
Christy has worked with several members of my family. She is caring and maintains trust through confidentiality. She built a solid relationship with my young adult child and pulled her through some very hard issues. She gives advice and compliments our hard work too. Thanks Christy for being there for us during our hard time. You never judged us...just helped us find the way out!
Salt Lake City – Apr 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Christy Kobe, LCSW?
Christy helped me and my daughter understand our own and each other’s feelings in a way we had not been able to before. As a result of our counseling, we communicate better, have more empathy and forgiveness for each other’s past behaviors and have become closer than we’ve been in years. The 90 minute sessions allowed us enough time to identify/explore issues without feeling rushed and she was flexible in solving logistical challenges we had in order to have joint sessions.
Dec 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Christy Kobe, LCSW?
Christy is kind andpatient in listening. She will get an overall idea of the problems you face, then discuss a plan to help with those and hold you to following through with the plans. She reinforces positive behavior skills and teaches you how to maintain those skills to keep you going even after you stop therapy. Highly recommended.
Matt in West Valley City – Dec 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Christy Kobe, LCSW?
Christy is compassionate & generous in both her advice & listening. I came to her as a friend, caught her in the spur of the moment with some concerns about a child of mine struggling with bullying, depression & anxiety. She graciously delayed her drive home to take the time to listen, ask some thought-provoking questions & offer some very insightful counsel. She was genuinely interested in helping me find solutions & at the sacrifice of her own personal time. Highly recommend her!
Salt Lake City, UT – Jul 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Christy Kobe, LCSW?
We really enjoyed working with Christy! She was professional and caring.
Salt Lake City, UT – May 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Christy Kobe, LCSW?
Christy helped me during a dark time in my life. She did so without passing judgement. She helped me not only with my initial problem, but together we identified several aspects of my life that I could improve in order to be more happy and rid myself of guilt. She is a great listener and asks pertinent questions, and then delivers sound counsel and advice.
Apr 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Christy Kobe, LCSW?
Christy was very easy to talk to and made me feel at ease.
Indianapolis, IN – Mar 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Christy Kobe, LCSW?
I feel Christy is a good therapist on what she “SPECIALIZES” in. However, I found that she is not clear on with new patients on what she SPECIALIZES in, this can be misleading for new patients seeking treatment. She does NOT take insurance and her prices are high the 90-minute session rate (especially for just a one-time session). I also did NOT find her observations/diagnoses to be accurate or concurrent from what I have been told from other mental health professionals or seen in myself.
Salt Lake City, UT – Mar 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Christy Kobe, LCSW?
We were referred by a close friend to Christy for marriage counseling. We drove 45 minutes across town to see her because we loved meeting with her. She made us both feel understood, she really listened and gave us such great tools to help us build a great marriage. We left every session feeling more hopeful for our future together. She gave us such great tools for conflict management and communication. Sessions with Christy are worth every penny!
Emily in Herriman, UT – Sep 16, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Christy Kobe, LCSW?
Christy is amazing. With in a few visits she had an idea of diagnosis then carried through tests my next few visits. She was able to see something nobody in 30+ years anyone else saw and helped with my treatment. Since then I've been given a lot more responsibility at work and am excelling. She changed my life and marriage. I'm eternally grateful and indebted to Christy. There's not enough space in this review to list the great things she did for me. If you read this, thank you.
Ogden, UT – May 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Christy Kobe, LCSW?
We really enjoyed working with Christy. She helped our family in many ways and was very thorough. She gave us many tips and tools to use in our home. We would highly recommend her to anyone
Lehi, UT – May 10, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Christy Kobe, LCSW?
Christy really cares about her clients and she works tirelessly to help them. Christy is great at knowing when to listen and when to explain and when to give advice. She puts so much effort into each and everyone of her clients in order to provide them with the best care. I would recommend Christy to anyone looking for a therapist.
Salt Lake City, UT – Apr 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Christy Kobe, LCSW?
Christy helped my teen through a very difficult time. She was kind and very knowledgeable about the tools needed to help him. I am extremely grateful we reached out to Christy for help.
UTMom in South Jordan, UT – Mar 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Christy Kobe, LCSW?

How was your experience with Christy Kobe?

I have a strong belief in your inherent worth and dignity. My goal is to begin where you are at---emotionally and psychologically---and to work...Read more

I know what it is like to not know what the next step is . . .

You are painfully aware of what you don't like in your life, your relationships,...

• Counseling
Less...

2019
EMDR Advanced Clinical Workshop--The Parnell Institute--Big Sur, CA
2018
EMDR Part 1 & Part 2--Transforming Trauma with EMDR, Training Completed --The Parnell Institute--Rhinebeck, NY
2017
Completed Level 3 of the Gottman Method Couples Therapy--The Gottman Institute
2016
Completed Level 1 and Level 2 of the Gottman Method Couples Therapy--The Gottman Institute
2008
Completed Certificate in Trauma-Informed Parent Child Interaction Therapy--The Trauma Center--Boston, MA
2003