Chiropractic  |
Dr. Christopher Tavares, DC
Dr. Tavares is a chiropractic physician focusing on spine and sports injuries. He is also a Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist providing him additional resources to help rehabilitate your injury. He has practiced at numerous well established medical institutions such as Hartford Medical Group, an affiliate of Hartford Hospital, Spine Center of the Northeast, and was part of the Athlete Medical Team at Dew Actions Pro Sports Tour in 2007 & 2008.

670 N Beers St Ste 2

Holmdel, NJ 07733

• Amerihealth
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
  • Oxford Health Plans
  • QualCare

Learn about Dr. Tavares

This content was provided by Dr. Tavares "Our office provides a comfortable relaxed environment that is welcoming to patients of all ages.  We currently provide care in the specialties of Family Medicine, Chiropractic, Physical Therapy and Pain Management."

• Chiropractic

Dr. Tavares does not have any board certifications listed.

• Back Disorders

• Therapeutic Massage
  • Trigger Point Therapy
  • Ultrasound
  • Wellness Examination

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Montclair State University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2002
  • New York Chiropractic College
    Medical School | Graduated 2005
  • Hartford Hosp
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2005
  • New York Chiropractic College
    Other Education | Completed 2005

Dr. Tavares has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Tavares has no media or publications listed.

• Portuguese

Dr. Tavares does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Tavares and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Tavares' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Tavares to family and friends
Dr. Tavares' Performance
in Keyport, NJ |
Chris and his staff are terrific!.....they have assisted me with my physical therapy through both of my shoulder surgeries.
in Atlantic Highlands, NJ |
I can't thank Dr. Tavares and his staff enough for their help with my back these last two years. Chris always installs you with the fullest confidence in his knowledge and ability to treat you. And I'd dare anyone to go out and try to find a more easy going, comfortable office, staffed with friendlier, personable people.
Dr Tavares is a wonderful person and excellent chiropractor. He is very knowledgeable and extremely helpful with his treatments. I have never seen this man have a bad day ! The most admired thing of all is his honesty! If he is unable to help you he is not afraid to tell you so. I have been seen by other chiropractors who I feel are only in it for the money. They have no compassion for the patient or how they feel. You will not find that attitude here with Dr Tavares.
I sprained my ankle several times and was told by a doctor to never go barefoot again. Chris gave me physical therapy and the tools I needed to not only walk barefoot, but get through hundreds of hours of yoga teacher training b a r e f o o t. My ankle feels stronger than ever. He's the best!
Iselin, NJ |
Chris and his staff are friendly and professional. They go the extra mile and give multiples options to help resolve your issues. Chris and his team have got me back from spine and nerve issues with no surgery needed. I am back in the gym regularly and feel great. Highly recommended! I have referred multiple family members and friends as well who have also gave nothing but positive feedback.
in Holmdel, NJ |
A miracle worker. He and staff get right to the rehabilation in a trusted, Professional, and really friendly Manner. I'll miss the weekly visits!
Belford, NJ |
I recommed highly any chance I get. Having had many orthopedic issues and surgeries, Chris was a great choice for Physical therapy. Very helpful and informative. Staff extremely helpful and considerate at all times.
in Union Beach, NJ |
Chris and his staff are fantastic. Very friendly and attentive. They got me back from rotator cuff surgery in no time. Highly recommended!
in Laurence Harbor, NJ |
I am so glad that my Orthopedic Doctor recommended the Holmdel Health Center. Dr. Tavares and his entire staff are the best. I have already recommended Holmdel Health Center to co-workers who had Physical Therapy in the past to consider this group for future needs.
Middletown, NJ |
I have been blessed to be under Dr. Taveres care for the last nine years. His combination of skill, compassion, knowledge and practicality is second to none. Chris's guidance and care has saved me from exploratory treatments and surgical intervention. I could not ask for more in a Doctor and recommend him to all the people I know who need chiropractic care.
in Old Bridge, NJ |
Dr Tavares diagnosed and treated my shoulder impingement. He and his staff work great together to get their patients back to great health.
in Matawan, NJ |
Dr.Chris Tavares is a miracle worker. I have several herniated discsand spinal stenosis often in pain and the outstanding work that Chris does allows me to walk out of his office in no pain. His medical knowledge allows him to explain everything to his patients with care and understanding. The office atmosphere makes you feel at home and he answers all your questions about your care. I highly recommend Dr. Chris Tavares to anyone needing physical therapy. He is the best there is.
in Keyport, NJ. |
I would surely recommend Dr. Tavares and his team. Dr. Tavares is always mindful of your pain situation but pushes you to strive to go further each visit. The team has your back yet makes you feel encouraged all the time. Thank you Dr. Tavares for getting my many parts continue to function. You are the best.
in Lincroft, NJ |
. Chris Tavares is an extraordinary Doctor whom we have found to be a godsend on numerous occasions over the years. Whether it's post- surgery rehabilitation, injury recovery or simply sore lmuscles, Dr. Chris has performed his " miracles" each and every time. His humor, exuberance, and fascinating personal stories are most entertaining, and always distract his patients from any in office "exercises" that may need to be performed. Dr. Tavares receives our RAVE REVIEWS ; we highly recommend him!
Holmdel, NJ |
I highly recommend Dr. Tavares. When treating me for back and leg pain he spent a lot time with me explaining what was wrong and answered all my questions. He has a great bed-side manner and his skill and personality are exceptional. With the treatments and exercises he recommended, I am now pain free. I trust him, his medical knowledge and his judgment.
in Hazlet, NJ |
Dr. Tavares is an amazing doctor! He office is welcoming, his staff is amazing, and he gets you back to prime quick. I have given his card to many people who were needed PT. This is my second injury, and Dr. Chris is only guy I trust. He works you hard and explains everything! I only go to Dr. Chris for PT, so I can only review that, so If you need PT.. he is your guy!
in Hazlet, NJ |
Oustdanding. as a person, as provider that you can trust. I will recommend to everyone.
in Keansburg, NJ |
Dr. Tavares was recommended to me for physical therapy by a friend. It is a pleasure to go to his office for therapy. He and his staff are friendly and attentive. Wait time is minimal with Dr. Tavares and his staff all managing the patient flow very well. I highly recommend this office for physical therapy to all in the Holmdel area.
in Toms River, NJ |
Dr. Tavares has been my chiropractor for several years. He has the Best bedside manners, always available to answer any question or worry that you may have. If the question is out of his scope of practice, he will first investigate with other colleagues before giving you an answer. Dr. Tavares and office staff is one of the friendliest practices that make you feel right at home while getting treatment.
in NJ |
When Dr. Tavares was treating me for my back injury he suggested a couple physicians for me too see because I'd share with him the challenges of my health. Thankfully since being treated with Dr. Tavares I have lost weight and feel 100% better! Dr. Tavares helped me receive better health overall. Dr. Tavares and his staff were friendly, humorous, personable and I never had to wait. Every chance I get Dr. Tavares is the first pain solutions doctor I'd recommend. He's the best!
Parlin |
Dr. Tavares treated me for knee pain. He listened to everything I told him and was very kind. He explained everything to me so it made sense. He takes his time and doesn't make you feel rushed. He went over the excercises that I needed to do at home which help me so much. My pain has decreased significantly. Also, the wait time was no more than 5 minutes and the staff was extremely nice!
in Matawan NJ |
Dr. Chris and his staff did an amazing job with my ankle. They were kind, patient, very thorough and extremely helpful whenever I needed help as far as getting back to my normal gym activities. I can honestly say my ankle feels 100% back to normal and It feels like nothing ever happened!! I HIGHLY reccommend them! Thanks Again!!!!
Dr Tavares is the only person I've gone to who works one on one and was highly recommended by my surgeon.
in HOLMDEL NJ |
I have been dealing with Dr.CHRIS for years, 3 major shoulder surgeries, a couple of knee scopes and at last a second back surgery on the calendar in 4/17.As a person you will not find a more friendly, compassionate and intelligent guy who is also a doctor. He forgot more than most people know! A true professional in every sense of the word.His staff of Jessica and Becki are first class to say the least.In closing my experience has always been a positive one.
in Morganville, NJ |
Dr. Tavares is an awesome doctor. I have used Dr. Tavares for over 8 1/2 years for different reasons. He spends time with his patients and is always available . He is honest with his answers and will tell you if it is out of his field. Dr. Tavares was highly recommended to be 8 1/2 years ago and it was the best recommendation- he is now part of our family after all this time. I have recommended him to family and friends and will continue to recommend him. He will always be a 10 in my book.
in Belford NJ |
I have been a patient of Dr Tavares for approximately 9 years. I have been to Dr Tavares for Rotator cuff problems(surgeries), neck, back and TMJ(surgery). He has always help me get back into the game and that is no easy task. When he felt there was nothing more that he could do, he has referred me to an Orthopedic Doctor. Dr Tavares is very professional, knowledgeable and has excellent bedside manner. His staff is very professional and personable. I would and have referred other to his office.
I went to Dr. Tavares for a tingling in my right arm that my doctor said might have to do with a pinched nerve in my neck. The first thing he had me do was a MRI, he wanted to see what my spine looked To see why and where the pain was coming from, so he could properly treat me. Well not only did he find the source of the pain he found a large nodule in my thyroid that I would have never known was there and could have became cancerous. Because of him I'm having surgery to remove it this June.
Have you seen Dr. Christopher Tavares, DC?
Are you Dr. Tavares?