Chiropractic  |
Dr. Christopher Montanaro, DC
My name is Dr. Chris Montanaro DC, DIBAK, DCBCN. I am a Board Certified Chiropractor, Applied Kinesiologist, Nutritionist and Active Release Provider in the State of New York. I did my undergraduate studies at Catawba College and Received my Doctor's degree from the prestigious New York Chiropractic College. Getting to Know Your Doctor Better: Growing up as a kid, my life revolved around playing basketball. I'd play for hours every day. I'd spend Friday and Saturday nights dribbling in the garage for hours, and shooting thousands of shots. I ate, slept and breathed basketball. Since I kept my grades up, my family was very supportive of my athletic career which was very successful. Basketball was all I wanted to do…..until my senior year in high school when I realized I wanted to become a doctor….an orthopedic surgeon at the time. Although I still played basketball, my focus had changed. I wanted to help others. I wanted to be able to have the answers for people regarding their health. Basketball in undergrad was rewarding having competed in the sweet sixteen in Division 2 basketball, and winning several conference championships. I got up at 5:00 am for weight lifting, basketball training drills, traveled to games, practiced till I dropped, but basketball was now second. Medicine had become first. My undergrad summers were spent taking courses and working in hospitals. What struck me most was that if people took proper care of themselves, most could have avoided the hospital altogether. I discovered that most people using drugs did not regain their health. Eventually they needed more drugs and surgeries. I wondered why doctors didn't help people in other ways so that they would get really well and not have to be drug dependant, have their bodies cut, burned irradiated, and have to deal with all the side effects that come with these therapies. This realization brought new ideas to my attention. I decided that I wanted to help people to avoid emergency rooms and intensive care units. I wanted to give health and not just suppress symptoms. I wanted to have real relationships with my patients. Maybe even have them invite me over for dinner. In a twist of fate, I injured my back right before my college senior basketball season. Traditional therapies didn't help, but a chiropractic visit did help pretty quickly. I always say things happen for a reason and at the right time. My experience with the chiropractor turned my ideas in a direction other than traditional medicine. Fortunately, my admission to medical school had been held up, (fate?….luck?…destiny?) and I decided that becoming a chiropractor would help me attain my goals in regards to my patients' health. I attended NY School of Chiropractic in Seneca Falls for the 5 year chiropractic program. As strenuous as it was with 28 credit hour semesters, I loved it. I also attended several seminars outside of school. I followed some of the best minds and doctors in the country and around the world. I would do anything or spend anything to be able to help my patients. That is what matters most to me. This is when I took the certification course for Applied Kinesiology, which I now teach, and later became fully certified in Active Release Technique. I have taken classes in Nimmo (a soft tissue technique, not the fish), and I attended countless seminars on Whole Food Nutrition and Herbal Therapy from some of the best doctors in the world. Having accomplished many of my academic goals, I am back to training again. Not for basketball though. I'm training for the IRONMAN. This race consists of a 2.5 mile swim, 112 mile bike ride, and then a 26.2 mile run. I recently competed in the 2015 Ironman World Championships in Kona, HI. My goals for my office are simple. It all boils down to providing the best care I know how to give; to spending the time with my patients that they deserve; to providing true HEALTH care, not sickness care. I want to help people take control of their health.

Montanaro Chiropractic

106 Metropolitan Park Dr

Liverpool, NY 13088

Learn about Dr. Montanaro

At Montanaro Chiropractic you will find a blend of old fashioned doctoring with the most comprehensive system in integrative health care, Applied Kinesiology (AK). Dr. Chris is a chiropractor and a Diplomate in AK and a Diplomate in Nutrition. He teaches certification courses to doctors of various disciplines including doctors of chiropractic, medicine, naturopathy, and homeopathy. Dr. Chris is also a member of the adjunct faculty of New York Chiropractic College & Palmer Chiropractic College in Florida. Dr. Chris is also an Advanced Theta Healing practitioner.

His goal is to help his patients reach a higher level of health and to actualize their highest potential. Dr. Chris does this through his ability to: determine why the body is not functioning as a system, facilitate the body's systems to work together as it is intended, and help his patients clear the stressors that often impede health and happiness.

• Chiropractic
  • Applied Clinical Nutrition
  • Applied Kinesiology
  • Sports Medicine

Dr. Montanaro does not have any board certifications listed.

• Back Disorders

• Spinal Decompression
  • Therapeutic Massage
  • Trigger Point Therapy
  • Wellness Examination

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Catawba College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2001
  • New York Chiropractic College
    Medical School | Graduated 2004

Dr. Montanaro has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Montanaro has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Montanaro does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Montanaro and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Montanaro's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Are you Dr. Montanaro?