Christina Tian

AcupunctureFemale

Acupuncture

Christina Tian is an Acupuncturist in Bethesda, MD. Her office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Christina Tian

Compare Christina Tian with other Acupuncturists near you

Christina Tian's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Christina Tian

Transparent, trustworthy, compassionate
After moving to this area, I was looking for a new acupuncturist but could not get a referral so had to shop around. I visited several practices who were in various levels of cleanliness, told me mixed things about my insurance, and one even told me Dr. Tian worked at their practice in order to get me in as a patient, which she does not. When I made it to Dr. Tian's office, I was relieved to find a professionally run office that is clean, trustworthy with compassionate staff. Dr. Tian, herself, is easy to communicate with. She focuses on my health goals, whereas some others wanted to treat me for what they believe my health goals should be. Her office is busy but safe with all patients fully masked and screened at each appointment. The staff also wears face shields with masks. The treatments were great, I felt relaxed and floating after each session. She gave me substantial nutritional and lifestyle advice at the initial consultation which has helped me greatly.
Dec 06, 2022
Professionalism
Dr. Tian was referred to me by my oncologist for my painful neuropathy which left me limping and barely able to walk a few feet without stumbling. After a long detailed evaluation, she was honest with me said she was not sure the treatments would help me much. I respect that because she could have told me to try sessions, which my insurance did not cover, and made money off of me, but she did not. I didn't have many options left according to my oncologist, so I decided to take the chance and try the acupuncture. I followed her treatment plan and nutritional guidelines. I'm absolutely thrilled with my results. I can walk quite a distance with ease. Her entire office is so professional in every situation I've seen. The clinic is always clean and peaceful. I've chatted with several of her other patients outside in the hallway and they seemed to love her. I'm impressed by her skill and practice.
MJ – Dec 02, 2022
Excellent acupuncturist
I've had several spine surgeries which had limited success in managing my pain. My neurosurgeon told me to try acupuncture and said with certainty Dr. Tian was his only recommendation. I am a huge skeptic of acupuncture so did not call immediately. My urologist then told me I should try acupuncture and also only recommended Dr. Tian. I did not want to drive from Arlington to Bethesda for treatments, but I am glad I finally did. My pain is almost gone. Treatments were relaxing, office was exceptionally clean, friendly and competent office staff. I drive 45 minutes each way to see her and it's worth it. Her office is great, the staff are friendly and helpful. It took me 4 weeks to get onto her schedule but I'm glad to be able to walk, bend, and do more than I have in years.
Nov 29, 2022
I tried many acupuncturists
I was referred by my primary care doctor to a list of acupuncturists. I did my research and tried 3, including Dr. Tian. Dr. Tian exceeded my expectations in every way. She is professional, explains thoroughly, and understood my condition clearly. She had a research centric treatment plan and gave gentle treatments that left me relaxed and comfortable each time. Her office is the best run medical office I've seen yet. Extremely clean, safe and with kind and helpful front desk staff. I wish all my doctor's offices had staff like hers. I'm impressed with how busy her office is, yet, she still has time to call me after business hours to answer questions. It took me weeks to get onto her schedule, but her front desk diligently helped me.  They thoroughly explained my insurance and submitted claims and collected copays, even though she's out of network. The other acupuncturists on the list were in-network, and I would have paid less, but I decided my health was worth having the best.
Nov 11, 2022
Great doctor!
My neurologist referred me to Dr. Tian for nerve pain that started after I got a COVID booster. I've never felt pain so strange or severe before, except for shingles. In fact, this felt like I had shingles all over my body. I had tried acupuncture elsewhere years ago in DC for another condition and was skeptical about trying it again. My consultation with Dr. Tian was thorough and I was given changes for my diet and lifestyle. She recommended we start with a trial of acupuncture sessions to see how I would respond to acupuncture. She explained how acupuncture interacts with nervous system and immune system. I was quite impressed with her knowledge and explanations. Her office staff are upbeat and detail-oriented. They clean a lot. The space is almost entirely white and spotless with the exception of the plants. Dr. Tian doesn't just have healing hands, she apparently has a green thumbs as well. I've received lifestyle, medical, and gardening advice from her. Remarkable experience.
Oct 28, 2022
Well kept secret
I have been getting acupuncture for years in DC, but was referred to Dr. Tian by my doctor. Dr. Tian is professional and knowledgeable. She has an obvious abundance of experience and explains everything well. Her technique is great, it’s the first time I’ve experienced painless acupuncture which she humbly says is more about the needles she uses than her technique. She cares about her patients and you can feel it each time you visit. I noticed many of her other patients were referred to as “Dr.”by the front desk and were doctors wearing badges and scrubs. I jokingly say that I have finally found a secret acupuncture club that all the doctors seem to know about!
Oct 12, 2022
Success!
I was referred to Dr. Tian by my fertility center and had an amazing experience. I am over 40 and have tried to get pregnant through IVF multiple times with acupuncture. Several failed cycles and one miscarriage later, I decided to call Dr. Tian's office. I had a wonderful experience with the office staff. They are on top of everything all the time. The COVID protocols are excellent and the office is spotless. My experience with Dr. Tian was unlike any other doctor. I felt like she was invested in my fertility success and went out of her way to assist me when my fertility center told me I could not proceed with retrieval. She made me feel supported when others made me feel that I was too old to get pregnant. I have had acupuncture before with others but Dr. Tian's level of knowledge was uniquely greater. I am pregnant and due in the upcoming months.
Oct 12, 2022
Excellent Acupuncturist!
Dr Tian is incredibly skilled and knowledgeable. She is timely, her office is immaculate, and her staff is friendly and efficient.
C. Smith – Jul 27, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Christina Tian?
clean, orginized and great staff.
front desk staff (Peter) are professional and nice. the office and the rooms are always clean, and organized. Dr. Tian has given me wonderful recommendations on herbal supplements and is great! i like the fact that the staff and patients wear masks during the visits, which makes me feel more at ease with getting acupuncture, and they take health insurance!
Peri – May 11, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Christina Tian?
Dr. Tian is excellent! She takes the time to listen and creates a specialized plan. She is very knowledgeable and gives great advice on how to help a variety of symptoms in a homeopathic way. The staff is excellent too - pleasant, helpful and efficient.
Feb 06, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Christina Tian?
Dr. Tian is simply amazing. After a few weeks of seeing her my pain is nearly gone. The office is pristine and almost spa like.
Oct 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Christina Tian?
Dr. Tian is very attentive and caring; the office is impeccably clean; the ambiance is perfect for the sessions-she uses the best white noise machines; and the staff are incredibly helpful and kind. They also follow very stringent Covid protocols, which gives me peace of mind. Dr. Tian has been an amazing addition to my healthcare team and I am so happy to have found her.
Casey – Aug 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Christina Tian?
My treatment with Dr. Tian has been highly successful, addressing concerns that traditional medicine has been unable to treat adequately. Her office staff is polite and kind, the office itself is set up with safety as a top priority, and Dr. Tian is professional and always willing to explain the treatment she is providing. She is so knowledgeable and well educated, and I highly recommend Bethesda Acupuncture!
Amy A. – Jun 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Christina Tian?
I've had amazing results so far working with Dr. Tian! She addresses issues from all angles and the physical/mental payoffs reflect that. I found my forever Dr. :)
Crystal – May 28, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Christina Tian?
Dr. Tian is extremely knowledgeable, skilled and caring! She helped me with post-chemotherapy and pain issues for many years and I was able to function at a much higher level after her treatments. Long-term I feel significantly better after Dr. Tian's care. Dr. Tian's expertise is at the highest level and I highly recommend her!
patient – Sep 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Christina Tian?
Dr. Tian is wonderful! She’s knowledgeable, attentive, thoughtful, kind, patient, and truly cares for her clients. She takes a well informed wholistic approach to health and her treatment is tailored specific to the needs of the client. I’ve received acupuncture and am currently on a medical plan to treat recurring health issues. Prior to seeing her, I was struggling and my illness that was not being resolved by traditional western medicine. I recently started seeing Dr. Tian again and within a short period have begun to feel much better. It’s reassuring to have a practitioner who listens to my needs and is knowledgeable and able to help me on my road to recovery. I highly recommend Dr. Tian.
Avivah – Sep 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Christina Tian?
During 2016, I was diagnosed with Cochlear Meniere's., during that time I had severe Tinnitus as well as Hyperacusis. The agony was so unbearable, I first thought it was caused by the food I was eating so I started eliminate one food at a time; at the end I developed food phobia and stopped eating and also developed severe case of depression. That year I seek multiple medical treatments and non was useful. I ended up seeing Dr. Christina Tian for Acupuncture. During that one years of multiple treatment, she was very compassionate and patient with me, not only she provided me acupuncture therapies 3-4 time a week, she also provide me with mental encouragements and advices, she also recommended natural supplements to help me to start eating again. With her caring, I eventually got better and better. Now all my weight came back and I am mentally very healthy. I owe all to her!!!!
Leigh – Sep 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Christina Tian?
I have been a patient of Dr Christina Tian since 2010 (I followed her from another office). She has always been thorough and caring. Dr Tian has treated me through many health problems that I previously thought were hopeless. The office has always been spotless and I really appreciate the integrity that Dr Tian upholds regarding her treatment plans and promises.
Sep 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Christina Tian?
I am in the middle of a difficult and complicated health challenge. Dr. Tian's office is one place where I can relax and trust that I'll be taken care of and feel better after a treatment. I've been seeing her twice a week for the last 5 months and it reduced my stress, anxiety and physical discomfort significantly. Also, their COVID protocols are better than any other provider's that I've seen - industrial strength air filters, lots of airing out time for each room before the next patient, etc. It matters especially if you are immunocompromised, and oncology is one of Dr. Tian's main specialties.
Sep 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Christina Tian?
Dr. Tian helped me with fibromyalgia. She’s fantastic. I still see her once a month for maintenance. Her staff are always friendly, her office is clean, and I usually only wait 5 minutes for her.
Janet – Sep 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Christina Tian?

How was your experience with Christina Tian?