Chiropractic  |
Dr. Christina Markar, DC
Dr. Markar is a kind, caring, and driven doctor who knows that life's struggles only strengthen our desire to succeed and overcome adversity. has been involved in chiropractic for many years. It helped change her health and her life. Throughout her childhood, she suffered from allergies, which constantly kept her out of school. Upon starting a job working front desk at a chiropractor's office, she once again was getting sick. Dr. Darlene (the chiropractor she worked for) urged her to try chiropractic care. Like most, she was nervous/apprehensive. Yet after her first adjustment, she knew she just experienced something life-changing, and she wished to share this feeling with the world. Dr. Christina Markar is one of six children, born to Tony and Samia Markar, both immigrants, who came to this country with nothing, and worked their way up to owning two jewelry stores and a wonderful home in Rockaway, NJ, where Dr. Markar grew up. Dr. Markar's parents always taught their children that with hard work and perseverence, anything can be accomplished. Dr. Markar always loved helping others, which led her to decide to continue her education. She went on to attend New York Chiropractic College in January 2011. Dr. Christina Markar worked in the admissions office, giving tours to prospective students because she was very proud of her career and school choice, and wanted to help others do the same, while enjoying the enthusiasm and excitement the prospective students shared with her. Dr. Christina Markar graduated New York Chiropractic College in August 2015. She loved Morris County so much that she decided to open in Ledgewood, NJ to make her own roots.

410 State Route 10 Bldg 201

Ledgewood, NJ 07852

• Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
  • Oxford Health Plans
  • QualCare
  • Teamsters or other Unions

Learn about Dr. Markar

At Healthy Living Chiropractic, patients matter most. Dr. Markar worked for chiropractors for seven years prior to attending chiropractic college. She shadowed other doctors, volunteered at several conventions for the ANJC (the nation's strongest state chiropractic association), and performed countless spinal screenings at health fairs all over northern New Jersey.

It was with passion and unending persistence that Dr. Markar graduated New York Chiropractic College in August 2015 with several awards and numerous job offers.

She has seen & experienced what chiropractic care can do for people living in pain, illness, and discomfort. Patients ranging in age from infants to  elderly. We help who we can & refer out who we can't.

People sometimes come into a chiropractor's office as a last resort, not knowing where else to turn, and the results they come out with are astounding.

Schedule an appointment today at Healthy Living Chiropractic. Where Health, Happiness, and Wellness come together.

• Chiropractic
  • Dietetics
  • Massage Therapy

Dr. Markar does not have any board certifications listed.

• Bell's Palsy
  • Cervical Herniated Disc
  • Chronic Ear Infections
  • Chronic Sinusitis
  • Discogenic Pain
  • Emotional Stress
  • Golfer's Elbow (Medial Epicondylitis)
  • Hip Pain
  • Meniscus Injuries
  • Muscle Spasm
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Neck Pain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Pinched Nerve in Back
  • Pinched Nerve in Neck
  • Shoulder Pain
  • Sinusitis
  • Stress
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Trigger Finger

• Strengthening Exercise
  • Stretches to Prevent Injuries
  • Therapeutic Massage
  • Trigger Point Therapy

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• New York Chiropractic College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • New York Chiropractic College
    Medical School | Graduated 2015
  • Levittown Health Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2015

Dr. Markar has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Markar has no media or publications listed.

• Arabic

Dr. Markar does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Markar and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Markar's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Markar to family and friends
Dr. Markar's Performance
in Dover, NJ |
Dr. Marker is an excellent chiropractor. I have known her for many years and find her to be a warm and caring doctor. She answers questions with easy to understand language. She relieves my pain and provides good information on nutrition and exercise.
in Ledgewood, NJ |
I have known Dr. Markar for many years and have seen her many times for chronic back and neck pain since she opened her office. Fortunately, she has helped end my pain. Time at her office is well spent not only on treatment but information on wellness, exercise regimes and diet are readily available. She has the newest equipment and in addition to chiropractic, offers appointment for massage, acupuncture treatments and yoga. She is personable and has a nice way with patients.
Going on 20 years in construction has taken a deep toll upon my body not just physically but mentally as well. Dr. Markar showed me that one doesn't have to live like this. I must admit that I was very apprehensive about trying chiropractic care, but Dr. Markar understood and listened about my concerns and addressed all my fears & questions, and 1 by 1 slowly I've noticed a difference & that we don't have to live in pain everyday and for that I am very grateful. Local #254
in Wharton, NJ |
When I come to my appointments each week Dr. Markar greetings me with a hello and when I leave will say good-by and gives me a hug. She does ask how I'm feeling, if I have any pain or if anything is bothering me. She is good at explaining things and listens to me if I have a question. She is good with all of her patients. Would I recommend her to anyone the answer would be yes. She is so good with people of all ages from the young to the Senior citizens.
in Hopatcong, NJ |
Dr. Christina Markar, She is one of the best Doctor I ever known. She explains everything she is doing and if you have any questions she will take the time and go over it with you. I tell everyone I now about her. She is a great person and a sweetheart . she will help you out no matter what
She helped me in an emergency and went above and beyond to relieve my pain. I would highly recommend her.
in Rockaway, NJ |
Dr. Markar and her staff are wonderful. I am grateful for the help she has provided me to minimize the pain in my back and neck. And the staff are always friendly and professional.
in Paterson, NJ |
I had a difficult time picking things up from the floor. I would let 3 or 4 pencils fall on the floor before picking them up. Thanks to Dr. Christina and her wonderful staff, I can pick up anything including pencils with no problems. Thanks for making me complete again!
in Lake Hopatcong, NJ |
I have had treatment for over a year with Dr. Markar. The results on my legs and back have been amazing! Highly recommend this doctor!
in Lake Hopatcong, NJ |
Dr. Markar and her whole staff is so friendly and polite. She's great at communicating with you through the whole process in making sure that you're comfortable and not in any pain. I have Horizon insurance and she is very affordable. I would recommend anyone to see her.
in Stanhope , NJ |
Dr. Christina Markar is - Concerned and Thoughtful. Excellent all round treatment. Friendly and calming. Highly recommended.
Have you seen Dr. Christina Markar, DC?
Are you Dr. Markar?