Cheryl Maddern, MFT

Marriage & Family Therapy ·  Female · Age 69

Cheryl Maddern

Cheryl Maddern, MFT is a marriage & family therapist in Torrance, CA. She specializes in marriage & family therapy.

Make an appointment

Cheryl Maddern accepts

Cheryl Maddern accepts the following insurance:

Behavioral Health
Triwest
TriCare/TriWest
Value Options
Behavioral Health

No malpractice claims found for California

Check if Cheryl Maddern treats your condition or procedure

Cheryl Maddern's conditions and procedures:

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Adolescent Counseling
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Behavior Modification
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Couples Therapy
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Marital Counseling
  • Marital Therapy
  • Marriage Break-Up
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relationship Issues
  • Separation Anxiety
  • Stress
  • Stress Management

As a psychotherapist, I believe anyone seeking help for emotional issues deserve to be treated with respect and compassion. I believe in providing services that are effective and provide relief. Research indicates the most effective aspect of psychol...

• Marriage & Family Therapy

4.3

Cheryl Maddern?
Cheryl Maddern's Performance
What People Say About Cheryl Maddern, MFT
Cheryl has been a major asset with helping me to develop healthy boundaries in my personal relationships and work environment. When I didn't have the understanding or strength of how to address situations, she gave me the tools, was understanding yet firm and guided me through the challenges. The person I was almost a decade ago has been replaced by a much wiser and extremely happier version of myself. Thanks Cheryl!
×Post a ResponseAre you Cheryl Maddern, MFT?
Cheryl is terrific in every respect. Her experience is clearly a major asset for her patients, of which I am proudly one. I have an extremely high trauma exposure level in my professional life. I've found my standing appointments with Cheryl to be essential to improving, preserving, and maintaining my overall mental health. Everyone in my family is grateful to Cheryl, as well (though they've never met), because she helps me be better to them! Highly recommend for any therapy needs.
×Post a ResponseAre you Cheryl Maddern, MFT?
Cheryl has had a profound and positive impact on my life. I have always left her office with specific strategies to implement in my life. She does so much more than just listen. She has given me the tools and support to change the things in my life that were not working. I strongly recommend her to anyone looking to lead a joyful life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Cheryl Maddern, MFT?
Cheryl was an amazing therapist. In the short time that I saw her she helped me to realize a lot of my own behaviors that have resulted in failing relationships. She also gave me tools to use to not get to that angry rage state and how to pause and take a break. She not only listens, but she challenges you with questions that makes you think about your actions and makes you more self-aware.
×Post a ResponseAre you Cheryl Maddern, MFT?
Cheryl has been my therapist for over 6 years and I will forever be grateful for the day I found her! She has helped me to identify tools and techniques for dealing with anxiety. With her help, I have also been able to identify negative childhood experiences and difficult relationships that continue to effect my life today. Cheryl is compassionate, empathetic, knowledgable and well practiced. As a medical professional, I would recommend her services to patients, families, and personal friends.
×Post a ResponseAre you Cheryl Maddern, MFT?
Cheryl has been a vital part of my mental health support team for over 4 years. She has given me many great tools to help me manage my bipolar 1 disorder. She is empathetic, insightful, direct, honest and has a wealth of experience. I've been stable for the last 2 years and I owe much of that due to the work I've done with Cheryl. Highly recommend her!
×Post a ResponseAre you Cheryl Maddern, MFT?
Cheryl is a fabulous counselor and person. She really works with you to make overall improvements in your quality of life. I recently was diagnosed with cancer and have been dealing with ongoing PTSD issues as well. She has been there helping me and guiding me every step of the way. I can not say enough about this very special counselor Cheryl.
×Post a ResponseAre you Cheryl Maddern, MFT?
Cheryl has been an important part of my life for over ten years. She is an excellent therapist. She's smart, strong and just who I need to keep me anchored. She has helped me through my divorce, the loss of my parent and every day issues. She has taught me excellent skills to navigate through my life with my bipolar disorder and anxiety, as well as PTSD. I am forever grateful to Cheryl. Thank you!
×Post a ResponseAre you Cheryl Maddern, MFT?
She has been very important in my recovery from anxiety/depression. Cheryl taught how to use CBT effectively.
×Post a ResponseAre you Cheryl Maddern, MFT?
Over the last 2 years Cheryl has helped me understand what was going on with me and my life. She helped me realized the state of my marriage and helped me make the decisions to improve my life. I am a happier and healthier person because of her. I highly recommend Cheryl because of her applies to listen, to dig into your feeling, and helping you make the decisions to improve your life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Cheryl Maddern, MFT?
Great at listening, and helpful with the challenges I need to navigate.
×Post a ResponseAre you Cheryl Maddern, MFT?
Cheryl is educated and experienced in helping people with bipolar disorder. She has played a key role in my recuperation. I highly recommend Cheryl as an insightful therapist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Cheryl Maddern, MFT?
She was not on my side at all while I was her patient. She always would listen to what other people told her rather than listening to me. She also didn't ever address my issues and didn't help me cope with what I had gone through. She also didn't tell me anything to help with the abuse I had gone through. She totally hurt my trust. She told me that she was going to listen to my sister snd not me. She also had an appointment about me without my consent with my sister.
×Post a ResponseAre you Cheryl Maddern, MFT?
Should be a negative star. Run if you want to save your relationship. She is very controlling of her clients but obviously not in control of herself. She is despicable and should not be practicing If you are having problems and seeing her go get a second opinion. She is very unethical
×Post a ResponseAre you Cheryl Maddern, MFT?
I didn't realize during couples counseling with her that I was a victim of narcissistic abuse. She failed miserably to recognize what I now know to be classic signs of emotional abuse. Rather, she insinuated that I wasn't "stable enough" to be in a relationship (we'd been together 9 years). She--knowingly or not--provided him with enough fuel to further exploit my vulnerabilities. I do not recommend her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Cheryl Maddern, MFT?
I felt very comfortable with Cheryl. She gave positive input at all times during our sessions. With her help I was able to better my life. Strongly recommend!
×Post a ResponseAre you Cheryl Maddern, MFT?

How was your experience with Cheryl Maddern?