Cheryl Bowie, LCSW

CounselingFemaleAge 71

Cheryl Bowie

Cheryl Bowie, LCSW;LMFT

305 Miron Dr Southlake, TX 76092

Cheryl Bowie, LCSW is a Counselor in Southlake, TX. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Cheryl Bowie to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Counselors in your area

"I use a collaborative approach in therapy viewing our roles as partners in the change process. My initial goal is to make a person comfortable and safe to build trust as this is vital in allowing the change process to..."

- Cheryl Bowie, LCSW

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check if Cheryl Bowie treats your condition or procedure

Cheryl Bowie's conditions and procedures:

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Adult Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Behavior Modification
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Stress
  • Stress Management
  • Substance Abuse

Cheryl Bowie accepts

Cheryl Bowie accepts the following insurance:

AvMed

Cheryl Bowie's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Cheryl Bowie

97.53086419753086%

Cheryl Bowie
I really enjoyed my time talking with Cheryl. She was recommended to me by my doctor. I was facing some difficult decisions in my life. I knew what I needed to do - but didn't seem to have the courage I needed to do it. Cheryl never put any pressure on me, but did help me see the best path for me. Just talking through my issues allowed me to see things in a different light. She has a great way of saying things that encouraged me to come to my own conclusions in a way that worked best for me. I made the changes in my life that I needed to make and she helped me through the transition. She was the one who realized we had accomplished what was needed at the time and gracefully brought things to a close for now. I appreciated that I didn't have to be the one to end our sessions. That would have been a hard step for me. I'm sure I'll reach out again, but for now I have what I need. As a side comment, because of Covid, our meetings were through Zoom. I wasn't sure how that woul
Kim – Oct 24, 2020
Cheryl is very good at relationships that are tougher than yourself. I appreciated the time with Cheryl and the advice she gave. Due to COVID-19 we were limited to FaceTime or zoom meeting times.
Jana – Oct 15, 2020
ironically this is where I found Cheryl… I was reading the other reviews and I said that's the doctor that I want! she's personable, friendly understanding and a great listener! You can't go wrong!
Sheri – Jun 01, 2020
Cheryl represent herself with the greatest. Level of professionalism,caring demeanor and expertise in her field. She has saved my life with quality thought leadership and personal commitment during and outside of sessions. I have a condition which leaves me with chronic 24x7 pain and I pass out from that pain many times. She has been there for me whenever I need her. I would recommend her to you if you really need help and guidance or just a good ear to be a good sounding board. She has sound advise council and support and has never let me down
Douglas Wonson in Southlake , TX – Oct 31, 2019
Helped my daughter and I through some very stressful and troublesome times. I definitely recommend Cheryl.
Sep 17, 2019
I worked with Cheryl for almost 3 years, and we formed a great relationship. She listens to you very carefully, and remembers a lot of details from discussions. She reminded me that a lot of my feelings were connected with Anxiety-even when I did not see it. She is a great person!
Aug 29, 2019
We are very grateful for Cheryl. She provided us with marriage counseling for over a year. She helped us find ways to break old habits and communicate more effectively. She is patient and lets you go at your own pace. Plus her office space is very comfortable.
Aug 22, 2019
I feel so lucky to have found Cheryl on my first attempt at getting counseling. She was patient, helpful, and thoughtful throughout the three years I saw her. Highly recommend!
Jul 17, 2019
On the recommendation of my former therapist (who moved out of the country), I began working with Cheryl in 2008 after I “crashed and burned” when a relationship did not work out. Cheryl helped me work through those issues and our therapy sessions tailed off as my emotional state and outlook improved. She was THE major contributor in successfully getting me back on track. In 2015, I asked Cheryl to work with me on the problem of “stuckness.” As partial proof of our successful collaboration, I now live far from Texas in a wonderful and very different environment. I continue to work with Cheryl remotely and consider her a true partner in my ongoing efforts to make some challenging projects happen. I wholeheartedly recommend Cheryl to anyone who needs help in navigating through the problems and conundrums Life throws at us.
May 21, 2019
If I could rate Ms Bowie 10 stars I would. She has helped me immeasurably. It had been a very tough year with a new move to a new place and lots of obstacles. She just made me feel soooooo comfortable from the get go. Couldn’t have done it without her.
May 21, 2019
Cheryl is so insightful and has helped me tremendously. I couldn’t recommend a person more to help you, whatever your need.
May 17, 2019
Cheryl has helped me tremendously to understand my feelings regarding a difficult relationship with my mother. She helped me get insight into my deepest thoughts I had about my childhood. She is definitely the person I am going back to in the future to discuss further issues I might have. Thank you Cheryl!
May 09, 2019
I too am a therapist and sought Cheryl out for counseling regarding a complicated and multifaceted family issue. Cheryl is a wonderful therapist! She is warm, caring, compassionate, nonjudgmental, and has the ability to provide insight on many levels. She helped me gain perspective on my situation, which brought me to a calmer more peaceful frame of mind in order to move forward with my life. I am so grateful and thankful to have found Cheryl -- her support helped me immensely!
May 01, 2019
Establishing a compatible relationship with a therapist is much like the line in Forest Gump: Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get. So, lucky me; I hit the jackpot with Cheryl. Always professional, personable, thoughtful and empathetic. She listens, she remembers, and she possesses a bagful of strategies to help you navigate life's most difficult hurdles. Her office has become a safe haven for my deepest secrets and a comforting place to muddle my way through all of the changes necessary to become the person I long to be. I always leave her office feeling better about myself and hopeful, despite the difficult journey ahead. If you need a helping hand to lead you out of some dark moments in your life, make an appointment with Cheryl and give yourself the gift of her wisdom and lots of TLC, as an added bonus!
Apr 30, 2019
Cheryl is the best! She has helped me deal with all sorts of adversity in the past few years.
Apr 24, 2019
I used to see Cheryl Bowie all the time but I stopped going because I felt like she was not doing her job and listening to my problems and not giving good advice. I considered her a friend at one time but I haven't heard from her in over a year so that just proves to me that she doesn't care about me or my problems. Maybe it's partially my fault for not going anymore but I think it's her responsibility to check up on her clients to make sure they're doing ok. My opinion don't waste your time/$$!
Apr 03, 2019
I am very sorry To read that you were so...Read More
Wonderful counselor, helped me through some very tough situations with depression and anxiety. very easy to contact and talk to. HIGHLY recommend
Mar 15, 2019
Cheryl has been helping me since January of 2015 deal with a life situation that I need ongoing support for. I am so grateful for her. Very compassionate, professional, and educational on my needs. I have tried 3 others before her to find help. I kept giving up. I recommend her at all levels. Thanks so much for being you.
Keller, TX – Feb 08, 2019
Excellent doctor. I have been going to her for close to 12 years.
Feb 07, 2019
Amazing highly recommend
Southlake, TX – Jan 17, 2019

How was your experience with Cheryl Bowie?

I use a collaborative approach in therapy viewing our roles as partners in the change process. My initial goal is to make a person comfortable and safe...Read more

I have been a counselor since 1988, and knew I wanted this to be my profession since I was a teenager. I have been blessed in life with two daughters and...Read more

• Counseling