Dr. Charlotte Newman, OD

OptometryFemale

Dr. Charlotte Newman, OD is a Optometrist in Beverly Hills, CA. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Newman to book an appointment.

Dr. Newman
8314a Wilshire Blvd Beverly Hills, CA 90211

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Optometrists in your area

• Easy Scheduling
    Patients said scheduling was easy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for California

Check if Dr. Newman treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Newman accepts

Dr. Newman accepts the following insurance:

Basic HMO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
Advantage Preferred DirectAccess Plus PPO
Select PPO

Dr. Newman's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Newman

3.3

Dr. Newman
Dr. Newman and her assistant Jeffery were very responsive when we paid out of pocket for two very expensive eye exams. However, when we asked for help getting authorization from our insurance for therapy that she recommended it took her office over three months to get back to me after several calls. Her office stated they submitted the authorization request, but was denied. When I called my insurance to follow up on the denial they said that it was never submitted or denied. I contacted my insurance myself to see if the therapy was something that was covered, my insurance said that the eye doctor would need to call my insurance to get a predetermination done - I HAD BEEN WAITING 3 months for this and when I followed up with Dr. Newman's office giving them the predetermination phone number, Jeffery bemoaned the fact that the would need to do that, he reminded me that he is too busy to make a call like that for my son - he is only one person at their office. DO NOT GO HERE!
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Mar 12, 2020
I went to Dr. Newman for the first time. Her examination was very scattered. She would mention issues she believed I had but provide no solution or next steps. Upon following up with my ophthalmologist, I learned that her diagnosis was incorrect and alarmist. The office is also very disorganized and poor at following up with pricing and availability. I would never go back here
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Oct 09, 2019
I have gone to Dr. Newman for years, and eventually started bringing my kids. She gives an extremely thorough and unhurried exam, taking the time to recheck and explain as needed. I appreciated her advice regarding my family history of macular degeneration, which went beyond eye care to diet and lifestyle factors. She readily rechecked the vision of one of my sons when he insisted he didn't need his glasses. Staff is friendly and helpful. The store also has a nice selection of frames.
Marilyn Stoch in Valley Village, CA – Jun 21, 2018
I had a great eye exam with Dr. Newman. She was very thorough and explained everything to me in great detail. It was very informative. I also sent my son to her for Vision Therapy because he was diagnosed with ADHD but really, it was just that he was seeing double. Thankfully now he goes to her often and is doing the exercises and I am seeing lots of improvment thanks to Doctor Newman and Sasha!
James Madison in Beverly Hills, CA – Dec 29, 2016

How was your experience with Dr. Newman?

• Optometry