Charles Washam, BCD

Psychology ·  Male

Charles Washam

Dr. Charles W. Washam

2734 Chancellor Dr Ste 202 Crestview Hills, KY 41017

Charles Washam, BCD is a psychologist in Crestview Hills, KY and has been practicing for 21 years. He specializes in psychology, marriage & family therapy, and more.

Charles Washam accepts

Charles Washam accepts the following insurance:

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Kentucky

Check if Charles Washam treats your condition or procedure

• Psychotherapy Services
  • Separation Anxiety
  • Sex Addiction
  • Stress

Building on a foundation of modern psychoanalytic psychotherapy, Dr. Washam draws in other theoretical and treatment orientations. He is committed to providing psychotherapy that is sensitive not only to relational and emotional issues, but to spirit...

• Psychology
  • Marriage & Family Therapy
  • Psychotherapy

University Of Kentucky Hospital Sleep Clinic
1998
University Of Kentucky (Honors)
1997
University Of Kentucky Sexual Abuse Clinic
1989
Graduate Theological Foundation / Notre Dame (Honors)
1988
Seabury Institute Of Psychoanalysis
1984
Georgia State University Psychology (Honors)
1977
Virginia Episcopal Theological Seminary (Honors)
1974
College Of Idaho (Summa Cum Laude)
1997

Charles Washam?
Charles Washam's Performance
What People Say About Charles Washam, BCD
RecentMost Helpful
Dr. Washam emphasizes completeness and wholeness rather than perfectionism. He's always great at combining history, psychology, philosophy and religion with depth analytic therapy, and has had a dramatic impact on our lives. Thank you Dr. Washam for everything you've done for my wife and both boys.
×Post a ResponseAre you Charles Washam, BCD?
Dr. Washam is an amazing person with a ton of insight and knowledge. He makes you feel at home and it's a very comfortable and relaxing atmosphere in his office. He listens very well and is very in tune with me as a person and patient. Thank you Dr. Washam, you have been a blessing.
×Post a ResponseAre you Charles Washam, BCD?
Dr. Washam was willing to see my daughter, when others were turning her away until she got sober. He was willing to work with her and challenge her, as she dealt with the multitude of issues that led her into addiction. He has been extremely responsive when a crisis occurred and helped me seek additional more intensive services for her. I am extremely thankful for all he has done and continues to do for my family and daughter.
×Post a ResponseAre you Charles Washam, BCD?
Articulate; intelligent; insightful...Honestly, Dr. Washam has helped me improve my life in many important ways. It's amazing how much he cares about helping me. Highly recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Charles Washam, BCD?
Dr. Washam is absolutely amazing hands down best I have ever worked with and and the best part I really enjoyed and I think is what has helped me so far is he genuinely cares and you feel that the moment you sit down and start talking to him and he will find out what the issue is and do everything he can to help and make you feel better I am still seeing Dr. Washam and I plan to for as long as it takes and will not ever go anywhere else I would recommend him to anyone and everyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Charles Washam, BCD?
My husband and I have been seeing Dr. Washam for a couple of months now. After 24yrs of marriage, we have some isssues that could not be resolved on our own. Both of us are beyond “Pleased” and “Grateful” to have found Dr. Washam!!!! He is by far, one of the most kind hearted, intelligent, patient and knowledgeable Dr’s we have ever known!!! Dr. Washam is definitely helping us resolve our problems and helping us to move forward. We Highly Recommend Dr. Washam!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Charles Washam, BCD?
He helped us get to the root of our problems with understanding and no judgement. He has helped me to see a differant perspective on my relationship and specific things I can work on.
×Post a ResponseAre you Charles Washam, BCD?
From the first moments in his office, I knew Dr Washam was the right choice for personal therapy. His manner was comforting, putting me at ease; yet challenging me at the same time. He demanded an honesty I didn't think I could express but it became easy very soon. His non-judgmental, compassionate yet brutally honest approach moved us forward with each visit. And Dr. Washam's lack of "A clock "insured we finished each session when we were ready, not when "time ran out". A TRUE PRO!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Charles Washam, BCD?
Dr. Washam has mastered the art of active, compassionate listening. He skillfully employs insightful interpretations with gentle albeit direct confrontations. My wife and I have benefited beyond our expectations, and we are most grateful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Charles Washam, BCD?
Excellent therapist. Found through insurance company, and when I saw the great reviews, I was hooked. Loved Dr. Washam from the first five minutes and see him 3-4x/month.
×Post a ResponseAre you Charles Washam, BCD?
Dr. Washam provided a caring, supportive and safe environment for my husband and me to openly discuss our marital concerns. After just five sessions we have already developed a new appreciation for the importance of sensitive, honest, accepting communication. Dr. Washam is the best.
×Post a ResponseAre you Charles Washam, BCD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Washam‘s for the past year. He is an excellent diagnostician, and has a keen ability to not judge or blame but rather understand and accept. Dr. Washam has been a tremendous help in my healing.
×Post a ResponseAre you Charles Washam, BCD?
Nowadays, mental health has become all about medication and treating symptoms. However, Dr. Washam is a wonderful and refreshing alternative. He is caring, direct, insightful, humorous, and challenging, and his commitment to authenticity and transparency has been transformational. Throughout our therapy, I have felt safe and cared for (even during the most difficult sessions), and I encourage anyone who is struggling to contact Dr. Washam.
×Post a ResponseAre you Charles Washam, BCD?
I began working with Dr. Washam in June 2017. I decided to work with him based on his many incredible reviews. I must say that with his help, guidance, and compassion, he probably saved my life. Dr. Washam is so different from most others because he cares and wants his patients to succeed in life and reach their full potential. After six months of his guidance and help, I am in a fantastic emotional place. I truly have never felt this strong and confident in all my life. Thank you Dr. Washam.
×Post a ResponseAre you Charles Washam, BCD?
My son has struggled for several years with low self-esteem, controlling his anger and impulses. He does not trust easily or much at all really. Dr. Washam is the first person he has been willing to talk with and he has made such a positive impact in his life. I can't say enough about how kind and compassionate Dr. Washam is!
×Post a ResponseAre you Charles Washam, BCD?
I am a 22 year old who has been troubled by anxiety and sometimes depression. Dr. Washam is by far the best therapist I have seen thus far. He uses wonderful analogues and intelligence to bring light to the darkness. I had a kid at 19 and had been dealing with depression for a long time. After seeing Dr. Washam for at least 8 visits I no longer feel down and out but feel a side I have not since having a child. He has a great relationship with me that goes further than just a therapist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Charles Washam, BCD?
Dr. Washam has helped me, when many various Dr's couldn't, or wouldn't. He didn't rush and listened. Has worked with other Dr's with advice to staighten out my meds. When I came to him, I was a mess and now have some comfort, to face each day. Only wish he prescribed medication directly; but he does work with insurance,Dr's and Specialists, to give best care! Many doctors, just care about stability, but He tries to find cause. I wish all doctors would follow his example!
×Post a ResponseAre you Charles Washam, BCD?
I wish that all my health care professionals cared about their patients as much as Dr. Washam does. His boundless energy, careful attention to detail, and his patience, understanding and clinical acumen are unparalleled. In my experience, Dr. Washam is direct, challenging, and is committed to helping others discern their truth and live authentically, and congruently, from that place. I have gained new self-awareness and my pain in life is diminishing.
×Post a ResponseAre you Charles Washam, BCD?
Our 20 year old daughter has been in and out of 'rehab' for the past 3 years. She has struggled with drinking and opiates. We found Dr. Washam on the internet, and he has been fantastic. His insight and suggestions have helped us with our daughter as well as our marriage. He never rushes the sessions, is patient, understanding, kind and thorough. We are functioning much better now as a family; I strongly recommend Dr. Washam.
×Post a ResponseAre you Charles Washam, BCD?
Dr. Washam is the best in the area. He provides a comfortable setting for working through difficult issues. He is extremely empathic, knows his trade, and is willing to let the patient express and explore feelings openly and honestly. Dr. Washam has a high level of experience, drawing on psychoanalytic foundation, creating a solid interaction with patients, excellent insight far beyond what in seen the field, and a desire to lead patients to success over the issues they are confronted with.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Charles Washam?