Marriage & Family Therapy  |
Male
Charles Washam, BCD
Charles Washam, BCD is a marriage & family therapy provider who practices in Crestview Hills, KY.

2734 Chancellor Dr Ste 202

Crestview Hills, KY 41017

Learn about Charles Washam

Building on a foundation of psychodynamic psychotherapy, Dr. Washam draws in other theoretical and treatment orientations. He is committed to providing psychotherapy that is sensitive not only to relational and emotional issues, but to spiritual and ethical issues as well. As such, the primary goal is to promote healing and wholeness and to enhance one's relationship to self and others. Dr. Washam's practice of adolescent and adult psychotherapy is ecclesiastically endorsed by The Episcopal Diocese of Lexington as a specialized ministry.

• Marriage & Family Therapy
  • Counseling
  • Individual Counseling
  • Pastoral Counseling
  • Psychoanalysis
  • Psychotherapy

Charles Washam does not have any board certifications listed.

• Addiction

• Group Psychotherapy
  • Marital Counseling
  • Marital Therapy
  • Psychotherapy Services

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kentucky.

• College Of Idaho (Summa Cum Laude)
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1974
  • Seabury Institute Of Psychoanalysis
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1988
  • University Of Kentucky Sexual Abuse Clinic
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1997
  • University Of Kentucky Hospital Sleep Clinic
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1998
  • Georgia State University Psychology (Honors)
    Other Education | Completed 1984
  • Graduate Theological Foundation / Notre Dame (Honors)
    Other Education | Completed 1989
  • University Of Kentucky (Honors)
    Other Education | Completed 1998
  • Virginia Episcopal Theological Seminary (Honors)
    Other Education | Completed 1977

Charles Washam has no awards or honors listed.

Charles Washam has no media or publications listed.

Charles Washam does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Charles Washam and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Charles Washam's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Charles Washam to family and friends
Charles Washam's Performance
in Louisville, KY |
Dr. Washam has been amazing in helping me through a huge life change. Not only does he encourage and assist in healing, he truly is genuine and down to earth.
in Fort Thomas, KY |
Dr. Washam is compassionate and very understanding, and he helped make such a stressful time in my life go as smoothly as possible. His focus and high-energy can make you feel like you are his only patient, and I recommend him to anyone in need of a highly skilled therapist.
in Fort Mitchell, KY |
Dr. Washam has exceeded my expectations, even after reading his many exemplary reviews. To begin, Dr. Washam is very down to earth; he is practical in his counsel and often times he will use sport's metaphors to help elucidate complicated and complex ideas. He listens carefully, pays attention to detail, and takes a ton of notes. There is never any doubt that he is fully present in each session, and often times I leave feeling emotionally exhausted. That said, he has helped me like no other.
in Erlanger, KY |
After many attempts to find help I found Dr. Washam through my insurance website. I was reluctant since this was not a referral from someone I knew and trusted. After the first meeting, all my fears were gone. It was clear that Dr. Washam genuinely cares about his patients. He has a very unique way of relating to your issues and helping you think and work through them. He has and continues to be instrumental in the relationship between my teenage son and I. He is very gifted.
Hebron, KY |
Nearly one year ago, I was searching for a therapist, and read reviews on Dr. Washam on this very site. I think it's important to share my experience, as Dr. Washam has helped me tremendously and I encourage others to meet him too. I was having difficulty in my marriage and didn't realize I had been increasingly depressed for some time. Dr. Washam has helped me to become more aware and make much-needed changes in my life, to work toward being the person that I want to be. Highly recommend!
Dr. Washam is friendly, thoughtful, & has been of tremendous help. His style & approach are quite different from the other psychologists that I have seen over the years. Dr. Washam is energetic, talkative, & a great teacher (as he breaks down complicated psychological insights & makes them easier to understand and apply). His analytic perspective is challenging & provoking, but you never feel judged or dismissed. Dr. Washam is my therapist, my mentor, & my friend, & I am forever grateful.
in Southgate, Kentucky |
Dr. Washam is my favorite therapist that I have had. He has helped me so much in the past two years and I cannot thank him enough for it. He isn't afraid to say what he thinks and definitely won't baby talk you through what is going on, which is really refreshing. I would definitely recommend him to anyone who needs therapy or someone to talk to. He has been kind to my family and accepted us even through hard and dark times. Thank you for all that you have done.
Thank you Dr. Washam. I always love what you have to say, and how you say it so clearly and compassionately. Your modern Freudian perspective is supportive and gently reveals the truth. Being able to find the real "you" - day by day - is a treasure for myself and those around me.
Dr. Washam clearly and definitely exemplifies compassion and equanimity, as well as a welcoming and accepting spirit. His therapeutic approach is very genuine, unpretentious, and knowledgeable. I have learned a great deal from my time with Dr. Washam.
Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Washam has been one of the most helpful and positive influences in my life. Very approachable and kind, open and willing to help you in whatever way he can. He helped me better understand years of my life and is guiding me through moving forward with my issues. Depression and anxiety can be extremely scary to experience but with someone like Dr. Washam on your side, you can get through it and get back to living.
in Fort Mitchell, KY |
I am 19 years old and throughout this past year I've been crapped on and lied about on Facebook. In May, it got so bad that I tried to kill myself and ended up in the hospital. I've seen Dr. Washam since leaving the hospital and am finally beginning to want to live again. Depression can be like a black hole, and at times you can't see any way out of it. But Dr. Washam has been a huge help. He's intelligent, understanding, and funny, and I love his dog Riley. It has been a long time since I've fe
Careful, dedicated, and serious listening has become a lost art. In early April, I was referred to Dr. Washam by my Cincinnati psychiatrist. Dr. Washam responded quickly via text to schedule an appointment, and I have been impressed beyond expectations. He does not mince words or waste your time. He listens carefully, asks challenging and sometimes disarming questions, and helps you identify life issues more clearly and deeply.
in Bellevue, KY |
Dr. Washam has helped me tremendously in the six months I have been seeing him - when other psychiatrists, counselors, and therapists I have seen over the years could not. He has such good insight, and he TRULY listens. He encourages you to talk… he listens, but also comments and asks questions, which allows you to delve deeper into what you’re feeling. This helps you reveal more. Finally he puts into words, all these feelings you could not explain. He opens your eyes to everything, and gives yo
in Crestview Hills, KY |
I am 31 years old and a single mother of two children. My divorce was three years ago, and it has been rough. I have been in counseling for the past year because of feeling anxious and overwhelmed. My first therapist was of little value, as she seemed disinterested and didn't talk much. So, a friend suggested that I go see Dr. Washam. I've met with him four times so far and he has been terrific. He has a direct approach and can uncover problems quickly and at the deepest level. Dr. Washam is an
Crestline, OH |
He changed my life.
in Independence, Ky |
The last Dr. I seen gave me a 3 day notice he was closing his doors. Dr.Washam took me on as a new patient, I see him for several issues. Bi- polar is the main reason, and my husband also sees Dr.Washam for dementia. I would recommend Dr.Washam highly to anyone who has been searching for a good, respectful, and kind Dr. I can walk in his office in tears and he knows how to get me calmed down in no time . He is the best at what he does.
Dr. Washam is friendly, very kind, but direct. He helped a lot with my marriage and he also taught me how to be a better father.
Winchester, KY |
Experience with a charm. Thanks Dr. Washam
A friend gave me Dr. Washam's phone number because my wife has filed for a divorce. I have met with him since Thanksgiving, and he has been a great help.
in Ft Thomas, KY |
Thanksgiving Day, 2016. I have been to many therapists over the years, but found the best in Dr. Washam. He becomes a part of your life, not just a quick 50 minutes out of your day. You will have a happier life and better relationships, thanks to Dr. Washam.
in Forth Mitchell, KY |
Now starting my third month of therapy, I have found Dr. Washam to be exceptionally professional and friendly. He is patient, sensitive, and cares deeply about my well being. I highly recommend.
in Crestview Hills, KY |
Our 15 year old son was suspended from high school for sending inappropriate text messages. The Principal has required an evaluation and counseling. We met with Dr. Washam and he was surprisingly refreshing. He is friendly, warm, and has a good sense of humor. My son liked him immediately, and we can already see some improvement in his attitude. In my opinion, Dr. Washam is the best in the tri-county area, I have told many of my friends, and I strongly recommend him.
in Cincinnati, OH |
My mother is dying from stage four breast cancer, and I have struggled making myself go to work and I'm like a zombie at home. My Christian faith is essential in my life. The hospital chaplain gave me Dr. Washam's name for grief counseling. I have met with him for seven sessions so far and we have been focusing on my anger and guilt which have been fueling my depression. Dr. Washam has helped me understand the stages of grief and we also have had serious conversations about God, suffering, and
in Florence, KY |
I have been seeing Chuck on and off for about 3 years but my husband has seen him for nearly 15 along with his parents. He provides amazing perspective that both my husband and I truly hear and can implement to help us be better individuals, parents and spouses. Without him I'm not sure where I or my marriage would be but I can assure you it would be no where near where we are today. He is incredibly relatable and caring. I would and do recommend him any chance I get.
in Florence, KY |
I have been smoking cigarettes for 20 some years. When I found out that I have lung cancer, I was referred to Dr. Washam to cope with both the upsetting news and the difficult treatment that was forthcoming. Since I am Catholic, and Dr. Washam is an Episcopal priest, I found his spiritual and pastoral side to be comforting as I struggled with anger, fear, and depression. Dr. Washam has helped me through a lot, no doubt, and I don't think I could be fighting this without him.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Washam is the best therapist I could have asked for. I went to see him because I couldn't get out of bed, didn't want to. I was also put on suspension from work for yelling at a coworker. Turns out I have been suffering from depression for awhile, as well as poor impulse control. I've seen Dr. Washam seven times so far and don't plan on ending anytime soon. He's a great guy to just talk to, but really also helps you fix whatever issues you may be going through.
in Cincinnati, OH |
I'm a 26 year old female from Cincinnati and I started seeing Dr. Washam a few months ago after a horrible breakup with my fianc? (who I had met on social media through mutual friends). A few months before our wedding, I learned that my fianc? was cheating, using Tinder to find new girls in the surrounding area. Dr. Washam has been absolutely incredible, helping me every step of the way through these murky waters. I have found him to be very kind, caring, honest and encouraging.
in Cincinnati, OH |
I have been separated from my wife for 3 months following an affair, and I started seeing Dr. Washam individually 2 months ago and my wife decided to join me for the first time last week. I was surprised at how quickly Dr. Washam uncovers the deeper, more painful problems. His office is very comfortable, particularly when his dog Riley is present, and Dr. Washam is direct, compassionate, and highly effective. The overall service that he provides is far beyond what I ever expected.
in Cincinnati, OH |
I shopped around for quite some time to find just the right counselor who understands my eccentric personality. Within just a few sessions, and for perhaps the first time in my life, I felt truly understood by my counselor. Dr. Washam didn't mince any words in his evaluation of my circumstances (unlike many other counselors I've experienced), and capably walked me to a healthier place than I ever imagined. For this, I'm grateful!!
in Villa Hills, KY |
Dr Washam BY FAR is the very best therapist I have ever seen in 22 years. i receive enlightening, targeted and issue specific therapy. But more importantly, Dr Washam TRULY cares about me as a person and is helping me to move past my struggle very quickly. Dr Washam is especially wonderful because he allows 24/7 access to his patients via text. This is such an amazing support to my healing. I am seeing Dr Washam for depression & anxiety due to a 20 year abusive marriage. Dr Washam is incredible!
To begin with, Dr. Washam is so incredibly different from most! Over the years I would have loved to have my doctors as kind and caring as he is. My past psychologist would never answer a phone call. I thought all doctors were the same, but Dr. Washam not only spoke with me for probably 20 minutes on our first phone call, but in our sessions, he never rushes me even when I know I am beyond my time. I appreciate that he is open and spontaneous, and his dedication is truly unmatched.
I was referred to Dr. Washam from St Elizabeth's for heroin addiction counseling to go along with my suboxone medical treatment. I am 27years old, female, and we connected right away. He is direct, challenging and intense, but also kind and understanding. For the first time in a long time, I have hope that I can get my life back again. The demon of addiction can be overwhelming and I recommend him to anyone going through this ordeal.
in Cincinnati, OH |
For years I thought I had ADD and my doctor sent me to Dr. Washam for an evaluation. After a good hour plus of talking he believed that I suffered from obsessive compulsive disorder and generalized anxiety. He sent his notes to my doctor and I was prescribed Lexapro. I have met with him 3 times now and I am beginning to feel normal. He has been a great help and I plan on continuing with him for awhile.
in Florence, KY |
My family thinks I have a drinking problem & anger issues. My St Elizabeth's doctor sent me to Dr. Washam & what a huge difference he has made in my life. Turns out that I have been depressed for at least one year, ever since my brother was killed by an 18 wheeler. I have seen Dr. Washam since early November, usually once a week, & I am doing much better. As I continue becoming more self aware, I know that I am maturing and that I am getting rid of my depression & anger. I highly recommend him.
Cincinnati, Ohio |
If you are reading this review, you or someone you care about is suffering. So, I take writing this review seriously. The main idea here is that Dr. Washam saved my husband and me, and he can help you. My husband has always been anxious and a little OCD, but these conditions helped make him precise, cautious, thorough. But months from retirement, he spiraled out of control. He could barely make it through the day. After 3 months of treatment, my husband has recovered and is better than ever.
Have you seen Charles Washam, BCD?
Are you Charles Washam?