Dr. Charles Taylor, DC

Dr. Charles Taylor, DC

Chiropractic  |
It was October of 2000, and I once again had to take classes to renew my chiropractic license. I was tired—tired of having to take classes, tired of chiropractic practice, and tired of life in general. I was burned out. I had been going for twelve years straight without a break, working ten- to fourteen-hour days with no extended vacation of more than four days at any given time—and even then, only once, maybe twice, a year. I'm sure you're thinking, "No wonder he was tired! Anybody would be tired working under those conditions." But that's not the half of it. I had also been dealing with chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia for at least ten years. I had sought to rid myself of those terribly debilitating conditions using every method recommended by anyone I knew, but to no avail. I had reached the point where I was so exhausted that I was thinking of selling my practice and finding a new career. But, how could I? How could I find something—anything—that would take the place of the love that I have for helping others? But then again, how could I not? I was physically and emotionally drained. I was praying for strength to get me through every day. During the day, if I had five minutes to spare between seeing patients, I would have to lie down. If I tried to sit, study, or read, I would fall asleep without knowing it. But even worse was my falling asleep while waiting for a red light. I was also having constant pain in both arms and hands—pain so severe at night that I would prop them on pillows. My wife, Barbara, would offer to massage them, and I would cry in pain. My right shoulder, left lower back, and left leg were also in constant pain. There was not a day that passed when I was without pain and fatigue. Life as I had come to know it was no fun, and I had to make a decision about my future. "There was not a day that passed when I was without pain and fatigue. Life as I had come to know it was no fun, and I had to make a decision about my future." Now this brings me back to the re-licensure classes I needed. The seminar I attended was offering a choice between two different classes. I walked into the first room and started to sit down when, for some unknown reason, I was strongly compelled to get up and go to the other classroom. Teaching the other class was a doctor I'd heard of before. His name was Dr. John Brimhall. I was so taken aback by what I saw Dr. Brimhall do during that twelve-hour class. I witnessed what seemed like miracle after miracle as Dr. Brimhall treated each person. I was in awe of a man who spoke of God's love for mankind and God's desire that we prosper, especially in health. He talked of his thirty years of learning and putting together the Six Steps to Wellness program. The program is designed to find the root causes of health problems, also known as interferences. Removing those interferences allows the body to heal itself, as God intended. As the seminar was coming to a close, I approached Dr. Brimhall and asked if he thought I could be helped. His quick and confident reply was yes. He referred me to one of his students, Dr. David Lee, who practiced the Brimhall technique near Atlanta. I recognized Dr. Lee's name as belonging to my old friend and classmate from Life Chiropractic College. I talked to him and made arrangements to visit his office. I went to see Dr. Lee and learned that an allergy to dairy was the cause of the pain in my shoulder, back, and leg. Other combinations of interferences—like structural problems, electromagnetic pollution, nutritional deficiencies, allergies and sensitivities, emotional blockages, and environmental toxins, such as heavy metals—were causing a lot of my other health problems, including the pains in my arm and hand as well as my chronic fatigue. After four months of following Dr. Brimhall's Six Steps to Wellness program and taking the right nutrition from Dr. Lee's office, I was feeling better than I had in ten years! Since that time fifteen years ago, I have continued to work on improving my health and the health of everyone who opens their hearts and minds to the ever-changing world of wellness care. The Six Steps to Wellness program has totally changed the way I look at my life every day. It has affected my life—and the lives of my patients—for the better. I thank God everyday for Dr. Brimhall, my being lead into his class, Dr. Lee, my improved health, and the improved health of my patients. You, too, can have the hope of renewed health, when the right questions are asked and answered through the Six Steps to Wellness. Yours in health, Dr. Taylor

2649 Juniper Ave

Columbus, GA 31907

(706) 563-1953

• Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)

Learn about Dr. Taylor

This content was provided by Dr. Taylor "Look at your health in an organized manner. Find and eliminate the things that undermine your good health. You can approach your health in a systematic manner.

Wellness care means treating the whole person. There are three major areas that have to be addressed when treating the whole person: Structure, chemical and mental (or spiritual). This is holistic health care. You don't treat a headache; you treat the person who has the headaches and all aspects of his or her health. A person suffering from headaches may have a structural problem—vertebrae in the neck can be out of place (subluxations) can create nerve irritation and headache pain. The headache may have a chemical component, nutrient deficiencies, allergies, low or high blood sugar and dehydration can all cause headaches. Your mental state, stress and worry for example, can also be a cause a headache. In any chronic condition, it is wise to treat the whole person and all three aspects of health, structural, chemical and mental."

• Chiropractic
  • Alternative Care
  • Functional Medicine
  • Holistic Medicine
  • Homeopathy
  • Nutrition Consulting

Dr. Taylor does not have any board certifications listed.

• Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases

• Physical Therapy
  • Spine Surgery
  • Trigger Point Therapy
  • Wellness Examination

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Columbus State University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1980
  • Life Chiropractic College
    Other Education | Completed 1983

Dr. Taylor has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Taylor has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Taylor does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Taylor and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Taylor's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Taylor to family and friends
2.5
based on 2 total reviews
Dr. Taylor's Performance
    GOOD
Have you seen Dr. Charles Taylor, DC?
Are you Dr. Taylor?

Visit Dr. Taylor

Dr. Taylor accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)

Sports Medicine Pain Management