Dr. Charles Hogan, PSY.D

Dr. Hogan
Telehealth services available

Charles H. Hogan, Psy.D.

20 Chestnut St Ste 7 Needham, MA 02492

Dr. Charles Hogan, PSY.D is a Psychologist in Needham, MA. He is affiliated with Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - Needham. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Hogan to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychologists in your area

"Problem focused and goal oriented with measured criteria to support improvement in the concerns presented. The style of the treatment is an active dialogue between the therapist and patient."

- Dr. Charles Hogan, PSY.D

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Hospital Satisfaction

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Check if Dr. Hogan treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Hogan's conditions and procedures:

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Fear of Anger
  • Stress

Dr. Hogan accepts

Dr. Hogan accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Medicare

Dr. Hogan's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Hogan

Dr. Hogan

Dr. Hogan coached me through a tense time with my wife. His advice helped deescalate the tension and create a space where we could get back on track.
Mar 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Hogan, PSY.D?
Dr. Hogan is great to work with. He has helped me on a number of dimensions of challenge and personal growth. Dr. Hogan has had experiences across a wide variety of personal challenges. He is really strong at framing the topics into a consumable and actionable set of learnings and plans. He is impactful to work with.
Bob – Feb 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Hogan, PSY.D?
Dr. Hogan provided me with a great deal of non-judgmental support at a difficult time, as well as important suggestions for how to improve my relationship with my spouse. He’s like having a good friend to listen, but much more than that since he’s highly trained in relationship dynamics and can help you get things back on track. He also referred my spouse and I to an excellent couples therapist. I would not hesitate to go back to him if the need arises.
Feb 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Hogan, PSY.D?
Speaking with Dr. Hogan is like having your own personal backup team. His casual way of listening, determining a need and providing a quick, memorable tool to address it is surprising and helpful. He could likely be a career coach if so minded, however of course the scope of his expertise is much greater. A good man.
Nov 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Hogan, PSY.D?
I've seen a few therapists during my life and Charlie was by far the most effective. I sought him out because I was struggling with anxiety and also looking for guidance on blended family issues. Charlie offered guidance that was at once compassionate, concrete and plain-spoken. Talking to him has helped relieve my anxiety -- in part by helping me figure out where it comes from -- and given me helpful perspectives on my blended family issues. Maybe most important of all, you know with Charlie that he is on you side.
Aug 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Hogan, PSY.D?
I saw Dr. Hogan weekly / bi-weekly for a year for issues related to anxiety, and I can't recommend him highly enough. He's very insightful, and extremely skilled at identifying, and teaching you concrete steps to deal with, your core issues in a simplified yet effective way. Our sessions really resonated with me, and I left confident that I now have the tools to actively steer my life in a direction that allows me to be the best version of myself like never before. I'm eternally grateful to his caring, patient, and dedicated approach to therapy.
Mar 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Hogan, PSY.D?
I highly recommend Dr. Hogan. He has helped me immensely, patiently guiding me by showing me how to recognize and change my inner dialogue. I had been experiencing increased anxiety and self-defeating thoughts and was feeling paralyzed. With Dr. Hogan's help I am feeling much more confident in myself, and I am more aware of the good in my life and the possibility of realizing my true potential.
Feb 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Hogan, PSY.D?
Continuing counselling, weekly and biweekly.
Feb 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Hogan, PSY.D?
I find Dr. Hogan to be a very helpful therapist. I have been able to discuss difficult situations and emotions with him and gain insights from him and our conversations. He brings a sense of humor to appropriate moments which I find incredibly helpful. I'm a person that learns from models or mental images. Dr. Hogan always has analogies that can help bring context to a situation or set of emotions. He is kind, understanding and trustworthy. I highly recommend Dr. Hogan.
Jan 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Hogan, PSY.D?
Dr Hogan is an amazing professional. He has an unique ability to help you navigate any questions, concerns, challenges or opportunities both professionally and personally, as most oftentimes do crossover between business and personal. He's a great listener, very empathetic, non-judgemental and I truly feel like he has my best interest at heart. I couldn't recommend him enough and would say that it's the type of relationship that the more you put into it the more you get out of it. Top notch all around.
Nov 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Hogan, PSY.D?
I was going through a very difficult situation with my partner this summer for which I sought out therapist to talk through the situation with. After meeting with a different therapist who I felt was judgmental and unhelpful, I was left feeling skeptical of the therapy process. I decided to give it another shot and luckily came across Dr. Hogan. He was able to meet with me on short notice, which I was very grateful for. In dealing with a very sensitive situation, Dr. Hogan was warm, understanding and approached the situation in a neutral, non judgmental manner. He was able to shed light on the situation in a way that helped me to understand it better, as well as empower me to communicate my feelings to my partner when I was feeling unable to do so. Most importantly, the perspective I gained from Dr. Hogan can now be applied to all aspects and relationships in my life, for which I will be eternally grateful for.
Oct 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Hogan, PSY.D?
I found Dr. Hogan by accident and when was in dire need of help during some difficult time in my marriage and struggling communicating with my spouse. Dr. Hogan was able to see us on short notice and accommodated our schedule. My spouse and I have been seeing Dr. Hogan for almost 3 years now and Dr. Hogan has helped us tremendously to communicate better, understand each others concern, and build a stronger family. Dr. Hogan created a very welcoming environment and has provided a lot of meaningful insight.
Sep 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Hogan, PSY.D?
Dr. Hogan has helped me deal with both work and personal stress. He helped me develop techniques to deal with stress and anxiety. I use them almost daily. My work with him has been a very positive experience. Highly recommend him.
John M – Sep 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Hogan, PSY.D?
My experience with Dr. Hogan has lead to practical insights and strategies for interacting with my spouse during a difficult period in our relationship. I am glad to report that his counseling has helped me to not only identify / understand my best interests but also to have difficult conversations in a safe way.
Sep 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Hogan, PSY.D?
Dr. Hogan is smart, thoughtful and committed to his patient's success. I've known Dr. Hogan for over 10 years now, and am thankful after every visit for insights and guidance. I highly recommend Dr. Hogan.
Jun 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Hogan, PSY.D?
He has been there for me 100% of the time.
May 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Hogan, PSY.D?
Dr. Hogan provides wonderful insight through listening, understanding, and perspective to many every day situations. I have truly benefited in a number of areas in my life such as work, personal goals, and relationships.
May 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Hogan, PSY.D?
Dr. Hogan is a very thoughtful listener with keen insight. Dr. Hogan has a unique ability to synthesize a situation presented to him and create a unique analogy with shows without a doubt that he really understands what's happening. Those analogies are sometimes humorous but always helpful in facilitating growth. I am always amazed at how much better I feel after a visit with Dr. Hogan. So many things arise out of those sessions. Sometimes they are clear right away and sometimes it takes
Apr 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Hogan, PSY.D?
Dr. Hogan is very insightful, objective, caring and effective.
Apr 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Hogan, PSY.D?
Dr. Hogan has been tremendously helpful in many ways : First, he is an incredible listener. Secondly, he has increased my understanding of anxiety and has given me strategies for managing it . Third, he has an uncanny way of understanding how situations.. experiences make me feel. As a result, I feel better equipped at handling situations and honestly have an overall much better quality of life. I feel incredibly fortunate to have found a doctor who has been such a great fit for me.
Apr 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Charles Hogan, PSY.D?

How was your experience with Dr. Hogan?
Provider explaining information to patient