Dr. Charles Caplis, DPM

Dr. Charles Caplis, DPM

Podiatric Surgery  |
Male
After spending several years in private practice in Chicago, Dr. Caplis is excited to return to Louisiana to help patients with their foot and ankle care. With a board certification from the American Board of Podiatric Medicine, he specializes in routine podiatric medicine, sports medicine, forefoot and rearfoot corrective surgery, diabetic wound care and limb salvage. Dr. Caplis does help his patients with all aspects of their foot and ankle care, which means he takes time to diagnose the condition, ensuring he understands the root of the problem. Once carefully diagnosed, he will help the patient figure out a treatment plan that will focus on their needs, and help them through every step of the recovery process. Call his office at Gulf South Foot & Ankle, LLC for help with your foot and ankle care.

2520 Harvard Ave # B

Metairie, LA 70001

• Medicare

Learn about Dr. Caplis

See how frequently Dr. Caplis performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Foot Conditions
Plantar Fasciitis
high
Hammer Toe
high

Dr. Caplis's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Caplis "Patients should receive the best care for their feet and ankles. This involves carefully diagnosing the entire condition, especially the root of the problem. Once diagnosed, a plan that utilizes conservative treatments should be used first, followed by more aggressive treatment methods once conservative methods fail. There will be a follow up with the patient to ensure a full recovery is made."

• Podiatric Surgery
  • Diabetes Medicine
  • Podiatric Foot Surgery
  • Podiatry Sports Medicine

Dr. Caplis does not have any board certifications listed.

• Achilles Tendinitis

• Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair
  • Hammer Toe Repair
  • Ingrown Toenail Removal
  • Nail Avulsion and Excision
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

• Centenary College Of Louisiana
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • Dr. William M. Scholl College Of Podaitric Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated

Dr. Caplis has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Caplis has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Caplis does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Caplis and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Caplis' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Caplis to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Caplis' Performance
in Covington, LA |
I can highly recommend Dr. Charles Caplis as an excellent foot doctor. For many years, I had painful spurs in my heel that had been bothering me. On my first visit, Dr Caplis made a number of lifestyle recommendations, lifts in my shoes to wear, as well as prescribing physical therapy. After a month of following Dr. Caplis' recommendations, almost all my debilitating pain from my spurs has melted away. My spurs have been tamed and I currently pain free.
in Madisonville, La |
I took my son to see Dr Caplis and his staff at Gulf South Foot & Ankle. Me son woke up with an ingrown toenail on his 3rd birthday. Not a present we wanted to deal with. Called the clinic that evening to get him in and they seen him the next morning. Staff and Dr Caplis were amazing with him. Explained plan of care to us and what to expect.
Marrero, LA |
I saw Dr. Caplis 6 weeks ago for heel pain and I am so happy I did!! I never knew how important proper foot wear was. I now have orthotics that I can't live without. The staff was very sweet and I did not wait long to be seen. I have been sending all my friends and family there.
Bogalusa, LA |
I was hospitalized on Tuesday afternoon. Never saw him until I was in the outer room being prepped for surgery on Friday morning.. Seems like they were passing the buck because I'm a medicaid patient. He made it a point to tell me " I don't take your insurance and I'm doing this for free".! After surgery he went to inform my wife that I was out of surgery, doing fine. then proceeded to tell her that this was a free. no charge! all while he was walking away. Very unprofessional!
Have you seen Dr. Charles Caplis, DPM?
Are you Dr. Caplis?