Dr. Chantal Young, PHD

Dr. Chantal Young, PHD

Clinical Psychology  ·
Dr. Chantal Young, PHD is a clinical psychologist in West Hollywood, CA. She graduated from University Of Kansas and specializes in clinical psychology, counseling, and more.

8235 Santa Monica Blvd

West Hollywood, CA 90046

Learn about Dr. Young

This content was provided by Dr. Young "Chronically depressed, anxious, hopeless, and self-critical? As children, we all turn to our parents for love and approval. If instead we are met with criticism, disapproval, punishment, or disinterest, we develop ways of invalidating our needs, our feelings, and our very worth as a human being. Using an active, direct approach that will likely feel different than other therapies you may have experienced, I will collaborate with you to turn against these old patterns that are keeping you stuck - so that you may live freely, with strength and self-assurance.

I received my PhD from the University of Kansas where I was thoroughly trained in the latest cognitive-behavioral therapies (CBT). I tailor therapy to each patient and incorporate techniques including psychodynamic therapy, dialectical-behavioral therapy, exposure and response prevention, mindfulness/meditation, acceptance and commitment, existential growth, and humor.

• Clinical Psychology
  • Anxiety Disorders
  • Counseling
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Mental Health
  • Psychotherapy

Dr. Young does not have any board certifications listed.

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
  • Exposure Therapy
  • Meditation
  • Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
  • Psychodynamic Therapy

No malpractice history found for California.

• University Of Kansas
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Kaiser Permanente/Los Angeles Med Ctr
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Kaiser Permanente Medical Center

Dr. Young has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Young has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Young does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Young and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Young's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Young to family and friends
2 total reviews (1 has a comment)

Dr. Young's Performance

First met Dr. Young in group therapy for severe OCD. Then I saw her one-on-one for OCD and Depression. There was Prozac involved, too, but Dr. Young really fixed me up good. She untied the knot of my OCD so that I nowadays see it for what it is, and I don't desperately fear it as I used to. It's...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Are you Dr. Young?

Nearby providers with similar experience

Couples Counseling