Dr. Chantal Gagnon, PHD

Dr. Chantal Gagnon, PHD

Counseling  ·
Female
Dr. Chantal Gagnon, PHD is a counselor in Plantation, FL. She specializes in counseling, psychotherapy, and more.Read her story

120 S University Dr Ste F

Plantation, FL 33324

Learn about Dr. Gagnon

Dr. Gagnon's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Gagnon "Hi! It's Dr. Chantal. I'm so glad you decided to stop by today. I love psychotherapy because it's a great way not only to reduce emotional distress and improve relationships, but also to learn more about yourself and others, and create a happier, healthy life. I began my career in business and healthcare administration, and at age 30 I decided to switch careers and follow my passion for Psychology. I'm so glad I did! I love working with my clients, and seeing them feel better after our sessions. Here are a few things I can help you with: Relationship Problems (including dating, marriage difficulties, and premarital counseling) Parenting Skills Anxiety Depression Trauma and PTSD Postpartum Depression, Anxiety, and Adjustment (for both men and women) Grief and Bereavement Additions Self-Harm and Suicidal Thoughts Child and Adolescent Issues Family Conflict Coping with Illness or Infertility Divorce Life Transitions Career Counseling Personal Growth Spirituality Concerns Stress Management Life Coaching My therapy style is active and engaged. I use a collaborative approach with my clients, meaning that we work together to achieve the the results your are hoping to get from therapy, whether that is reducing your anxiety, improving your relationships, or just having someone to process your stressful week with. I provide a safe, private, and relaxed atmosphere for you to discuss your concerns. I am trained in a wide range of therapy styles, and customize my approach to meet your individual needs. I invite you to learn more about me, read by blog and articles, and watch my videos by visiting my website. I look forward to the possibility of meeting you in person! Warmly, Dr. Chantal Credentials and Licensure Note: I have a Master's Degree in Mental Health Counseling, a Master's Degree in Developmental Psychology (Child and Lifespan Development), and a Doctorate in Social and Personality Psychology. I am Board Certified in Professional Counseling from the American Psychotherapy Association. I am a Licensed Mental Health Counselor in the State of Florida, and I am admitted to the practice of psychotherapy by the Quebec Order of Psychologists."

This content was provided by Dr. Gagnon "My counseling philosophy in a nutshell: Deciding to improve your life is an important decision. By committing to this process you are making an investment in your health and well-being. I admire that wisdom and courage, and believe that you deserve personalized service and quality care. That is my commitment to you.

Whatever you are going through, or want to improve about your life, you don't have to do it alone.  Together we can get to the heart of the matter, and being you on the road to happiness and well-being."

• Counseling
  • Grief and Bereavement
  • Individual Counseling
  • Psychotherapy
  • Relationship Counseling

Dr. Gagnon does not have any board certifications listed.

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Couples Therapy
  • Crisis Intervention
  • Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
  • Grief Therapy
  • Individual Therapy
  • Pediatric Counseling
  • Psychodynamic Therapy
  • Psychoeducation
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Solution-Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT)

• Florida Atlantic University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1994
  • Atlantic Shores Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2001

Dr. Gagnon has no awards or honors listed.

• French

Dr. Gagnon does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gagnon and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.