Dr. Cedric Wood, PHD

Marriage & Family TherapyMaleAge 69

Dr. Wood

Dallas Office

7424 Greenville Ave Ste 104 Dallas, TX 75231

Dr. Cedric Wood, PHD is a Marriage & Family Therapist in Dallas, TX. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Wood to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Marriage & Family Therapists in your area

Review Highlight

"We were having a family crisis and Dr. Wood agreed to see us right away. His appointment times are very flexible. This is our first time seeing a therapist..."

- Dianna in Dallas, TXSee more reviews

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check if Dr. Wood treats your condition or procedure

• Relationship Issues
  • Stress
  • Stress Management

Dr. Wood accepts

Dr. Wood accepts the following insurance:

Aetna PPO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Blue Advantage HMO
Blue Choice

Dr. Wood's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Wood

4.2

Dr. Wood?
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (22)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (21)
  • Appointment scheduling (20)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (5)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (5)
  • Appointment was rushed (4)
I interviewed four different therapist and chose Dr. Wood based on this extensive expertise and knowledge. I am glad I did because Dr. Wood is a seasoned therapist that has helped me improving my communication skills and avoiding disaster in dealing with kids, friends, and coworker. Maybe this is not for everyone, but before my appointments, I often listen to communication skills audiobooks (during my commute), then discuss what I have learned with Dr. Wood and act out specific examples. If you are open minded to try this as well, I suggest asking Dr. Wood for book recommendations. I found that this is the best way to transform passive knowledge into active communication skills. When I do not have enough time to prepare in this way, we discuss past events or possible future or reoccurring events. I found no matter how the time is spent, my meetings with Dr. Wood are worth every minute and penny.
Thomas – Jan 27, 2020
Hey, Thomas, I just saw your review. That was...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Cedric Wood, PHD?
Dr. Wood has many years of experience and he is able to draw from that to help you with any issues you might have on the "family front." His experience also helps him to formulate an effective list of ideas and actions to help your family get things on a healthier track. At this point in my life, I did not think I would learn much from visiting a therapist but I was wrong! He was able to help us with a thorny situation involving an adolescent. I am also certain that he can help a family with marital issues as well. Highly recommended! It probably won't require too many visits before you start seeing a positive difference in the issue that he can help you with.
James McElroy – Nov 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Cedric Wood, PHD?
Dr. Wood is personable, kind and friendly but is not afraid to confront issues in my life. I wish my husband i could have seen hinm before my huband killed himself. I have recieved much care and healing help.
Apr 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Cedric Wood, PHD?
I had a lengthy phone session with Dr. Wood on November 14, 2018, and found him to be extremely astute and highly knowledgeable insofar as his mental health knowledge, and intellectual ability to discern what my presenting issues were . Even though we were on the phone, he was most attentive, and in moments in which I was emotional, he was very supportive and comforting. I would very much have liked to been able to enter his practice and have more sessions, but my insurance did not allow it.
Paul in Grand Prairie, TX – Nov 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Cedric Wood, PHD?
Dr Wood was very in helping me understand the issues happening within our family dynamics. He is good at explaining the reasons for communication conflicts and what can be done to improve it.
Plano, TX – Oct 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Cedric Wood, PHD?
Dr. Wood was pivotal in helping me cope with a difficult situation. He taught me methods to handle conflict that I know I’ll carry with me forever. Can’t tecommend him enough. Thank you Dr. Wood!
Faith Braverman in Dallas – Apr 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Cedric Wood, PHD?
I am so glad I "discovered" Dr. Wood. He is easy to talk with and did a fantastic job helping me recognize and evaluate my personal challenges. Then, I was able with his help, to work on resolving those challenges. Thank you, Dr. Wood.
Janet V in Benbrook, TX – Jan 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Cedric Wood, PHD?
Dr wood is kind,attentive and personable. We recently had our first session with him and were very pleased.
Bedford – Jan 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Cedric Wood, PHD?
Dr. Wood is the most incredible therapist I've ever encountered in my life. He is very compassionate, intelligent, and his principles really do work. He truly has changed my family's life. So many therapists just want to get paid and get on with their next client; However, not with dr. Wood. His principles really work.. I would trust any family, child or couple seeking help in his hands. He can truly make a difference. Thank you Dr. Wood for all you've done. Ally A.
Ally in Dallas, TX. – Oct 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Cedric Wood, PHD?
Best psychologist around and that I've ever been to. Intelligent and kind. Flexible scheduling and availability. Very insightful. Great person.
ray in Denton, TX – Jan 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Cedric Wood, PHD?
my experience with Dr. Wood was great! got an appointment pretty quickly not much wait I would recommend him, very nice and attentive attitude! some of th things got better within two weeks of therapy I'd say that's pretty good! I'm still going but I can see progress. Also recommended to a friend who's struggling with school stress, they say it's got better
Anna in Plano, TX – Jan 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Cedric Wood, PHD?
Dr Wood is competent. He has a high level of empathy and gives his best effort to understand the issues. He is knowledgeable and helpful with couples communication, anxiety, OCD, and depression. Dr Wood invests in what he does for living, it's clear from how he treats patients. One area that Dr Wood could work on is reviewing patients details. Like everyone else, he sometimes forgets things he had already asked, - let it be his biggest flaw compared to many incompetent scammers in his field.
Carey in Denton, TX – Jan 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Cedric Wood, PHD?
We were having a family crisis and Dr. Wood agreed to see us right away. His appointment times are very flexible. This is our first time seeing a therapist and it has been incredibly helpful. He has helped us learn more about ourselves and given us great advise on how to deal with a difficult family member. We plan to use Dr. Wood a few more times for the current issue and will go back to him in the future as needed. He is really wonderful and we are happy we found him!
Dianna in Dallas, TX – Nov 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Cedric Wood, PHD?
Would recommend Dr.Wood to family and friends. He is reliable, schedules patients quickly and was able to identify the problem we had! We referred few friends to him and they were very happy with doctor Wood's service. We would definitely go back if we need to!
Larissa in Garland, TX – Nov 23, 2015
Dr. Wood's Reply – Flag
Thank you Larissa. You're so very kind.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Cedric Wood, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Wood?

I believe that everyone has a story to tell. The more I listen the more progress we make toward you feeling better and having a healthier relationship.

I was born and raised in Weslaco, a small town in South Texas.  I received degrees from the University of Texas,  St Mary's University, and Texas...Read more

• Marriage & Family Therapy