Adult Health Nursing (Nurse Practitioner)  |
Female
Catherine Kamau, ANP
Catherine Kamau has worked with and cared for neurology patients for over 16 years. Initially a Registered Nurse at Medical City Dallas in Neurology and Medical ICU, she became an Adult Nurse Practitioner specializing in Epilepsy over a decade ago. She has been involved with epilepsy management at all levels--from diagnostics to surgical workups and follow up management for difficult to control epilepsies. Catherine is passionate about Epilepsy Wellness, enabling patients to live full, productive lives despite the diagnosis. She also treats and manages other neurological disorders such as Parkinson's, multiple sclerosis, headaches, neuropathies, and tremors. Fluent in Swahili, Catherine participates in raising awareness, teaching, and improving treatments for epilepsy in Nairobi, Kenya through a non-profit ministry. An accomplished Nurse Practitioner, Catherine's favorite title is still "mom" and "wife". She and her husband have two children, who are her most honored accomplishment.

Neurology Consultants Of Dallas

7515 Greenville Ave Ste 400

Dallas, TX 75231

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • HealthSmart

Learn about Catherine Kamau

• Adult Health Nursing (Nurse Practitioner)
  • Adult Neurology
  • Epilepsy & Neurophysiology
  • Headache Management
  • Neurological Movement Disorders
  • Nursing (Nurse Practitioner)

Catherine Kamau does not have any board certifications listed.

• Depression
  • Epilepsy
  • Essential Tremor
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Neuropathy, Motor and Sensory
  • Parkinson's Disease

• Deep Brain Stimulation Evaluation
  • Intrathecal Chemotherapy
  • Vagus Nerve Stimulation (VNS)

• Texas Woman's University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2009
  • Texas Womans University , Graduate School
    Other Education | Completed 2006

Catherine Kamau has no awards or honors listed.

Catherine Kamau has no media or publications listed.

• Swahili

Catherine Kamau does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Catherine Kamau and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Catherine Kamau's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Catherine Kamau to family and friends
3.7
Catherine Kamau's Performance
    GOOD
Do not go to this doctor if you still want to continue working! She is a horrible excuse for a want to be doctor! She will degrade you in front of your face and tell you because that you have seizures (that are controlled and have been for 2 years) that you can't even flip burgers at mcdonalds because there is fire. She will make you feel worthless! If I could give her no stars I would that is how horrible of a person she is! And victor her assistant is just as bad. He never does his job!
Thank you for your comments. I'm very sorry to hear about your experience. This is definitely not the standard of service our patients have come to expect from us, we take pride in providing excellent care. Please contact me, as I would like to discuss your concerns further. Amanda Haddad Marketing Director - ahaddad@neurologydallas.com
Dallas, TX |
I met nurse Kamau today while taking my son for his consultation. She is fantastic. I don't think I have ever heard an explanation of my son's condition as great as hers. As a mother looking for answers to my son's condition, it gives me great relief listening to her talk. She understood and explained every concern I had. She listens and that is so important to me. It gives me confidence my son is in good hands and I think we are on the right path to good health with her.
Thank you so much for the kind words regarding Catherine! We are very lucky to have her in our office. We are so happy that you found answers for your concerns and wish you, and your son, the best!
in Denison texas |
My name is thomas baker.....Catherine is a sweetheart.....she is a excellent nurse practioner....she sits down with me and listens to my needs and how I feel ...she works me and has a heart of gold ...she is a wonderful person
Have you seen Catherine Kamau, ANP?

Visit Catherine Kamau

Catherine Kamau accepts 8 insurance carriers
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • HealthSmart

Hospitals where Catherine Kamau has admitting privileges

Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas
8200 Walnut Hill Ln
Dallas, TX 75231

Adult Health Nursing (Nurse Practitioner)
Adult Health Nursing (Nurse Practitioner)