Catherine Hock, LIMHP

Catherine Hock, LIMHP

Counseling  ·
Female
Catherine Hock, LIMHP is a counselor in Omaha, NE. She specializes in counseling, marriage & family therapy, and more.Read her story

4611 S 96th St Ste 138

Omaha, NE 68127

Learn about Catherine Hock

Catherine Hock's bio

This content was provided by Catherine Hock "I am a Marriage Counselor and Leadership Coach with a decade of experience. I bring a broad scope of clinical knowledge to the field and specialize in Stress Management, Relationships, and Workplace Mental Health. I currently respond to Corporate Crisis situations in the Omaha metro, utilizing Critical Incident Stress Response (CISR) while maintaining a private practice in Omaha. I believe all people deserve to be treated with respect, and I accept each person with unconditional positive regard. At some point, we all experience tragedy or hardship. We find ourselves lost, confused, angry or worried. No one should go through these times alone. Clear Solutions Counseling offers discreet fee for service mental health services, minimal and transparent records, online and in-person counseling, and the expertise of a provider who focuses on solutions guided by best practices. I want people to focus on their progress, not logistics. My expertise comes through my Education and Experience. I have a Master of Science in Counseling from the University of Nebraska. During my early clinical years, I explored behavioral interventions, residential treatment, and leading an addiction IOP program. In 2009, I completed some Doctoral education from the University of North Texas before leaving to focus on clinical work rather than a career in full-time higher education. Following, I performed thousands of assessments as a Mobile Crisis Counselor and expert witness for the mental health court in Denton, Texas. My work in suicidality, homicidality, and psychosis afforded me the endorsement of Certified Crisis Counselor from the American Association of Suicidology. This birthed my passion for competent preventative mental health care and Mental First Aid. I returned to academia simultaneously with my first foray into private practice in 2012. I enjoy academia and have instructed as an adjunct faculty for several years, most recently at the University of NE-Lincoln. When I received an opportunity to provide counseling and consultation for military Commanders, Service Members and their families in 2014, I eagerly accepted. As an embedded counselor, I frequently consulted with top leadership to develop resilience in troops, improve morale, and refine leadership skills. I briefed several Pentagon officials on the benefit of access to care. As a military counselor, I helped Service Members and their families balance successful careers, develop leadership in their troops, raise children, and nurture intimate partner relationships, all while traveling frequently and compartmentalizing sensitive information. Many of those families found relief in just a few sessions, demonstrating that counseling does not have to be a long-term commitment. I provided numerous presentations on mental wellness, refining my public speaking abilities and my inspiring people. Now, in private practice, my current caseload of clients are typically those who define their problems as related to human development and life transitions such as career, marriage, parenting, life goals, grief, or the desire to grow as a person and want to avoid insurance hassles. They are looking for a therapist who maximizes best practice interventions for the best possible outcome. I am skilled in marriage counseling. In addition, I provide family counseling, grief counseling, depression counseling, anxiety counseling, parenting, life transitions, career counseling, leadership coaching, stress management, and much more. I can help people reflect on why they are getting stuck in their journey and what is holding them back, with a distinct focus on making progress. As a former consultant for military leadership, I provide business coaching to assist in personnel development and improving team communication/conflict resolution, to avoid absenteeism for mental health concerns. I offer Psychological First Aid for employees and Leadership Coaching to businesses who want to promote healthy work environments."

This content was provided by Catherine Hock "I offer a fee for service model that eliminates insurance hassles; professional help without stigma. I bring the expertise on mental health and relationships, so you can be the expert on you. Oftentimes, the health insurance system can delay treatment, limit the client's choice to in-network clinicians, require diagnosis/pre-approval, deny reimbursement, or only authorize a limited number of sessions. Even for those with exceptional health insurance, it can take 2-4 weeks to locate and book an in-network mental health professional, only for clients to learn they are still responsible for high deductibles or co-insurance. Many people's problems do not meet the criteria for medical necessity, leading to overdiagnosing or unnecessary pre-existing conditions on the health record. Diagnosing can be helpful, but is not always necessary. Call for your complimentary consultation and we can see if my expertise is the best fit for your needs."

• Counseling
  • Couples Counseling
  • Marriage & Family Therapy

Catherine Hock does not have any board certifications listed.

• Counseling Services
  • Couples Therapy
  • Family Counseling
  • Grief Therapy
  • Individual Therapy
  • Marital and Family Psychotherapy
  • Stress Management

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Nebraska.

• University Of Nebraska
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2004

Catherine Hock has no awards or honors listed.

Catherine Hock has no media or publications listed.

Catherine Hock does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Catherine Hock and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.