Dr. Catherine Colaizzo, DC

Dr. Catherine Colaizzo, DC

Chiropractic  |
A graduate of Douglass College at Rutgers University Catherine Colaizzo received her doctorate in chiropractic from New York Chiropractic College in 1987 and has been practicing in Somerset, NJ since that time. Over the years, Dr. Colaizzo has taken several continuing education courses which keep her current on the latest standards of practice as well as being certified as a soft tissue trauma expert. Dr. Colaizzo is a board certified chiropractor in NJ and NY and is a member of the Association of New Jersey Chiropractors (ANJC) and the American Chiropractic Association (ACA).

1075 Easton Ave Ste 9

Somerset, NJ 08873

• EmblemHealth
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
  • Medicare
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Colaizzo

This content was provided by Dr. Colaizzo "The Chiropractic & Therapy Center is dedicated to providing natural effective pain relief. We utilize up to date techniques and equipment to deliver services in a modern office. We pride ourselves on being exceptional at diagnosing conditions, so that patients get the most appropriate treatments for their problems.

We also strive to keep our patients non-drug dependent and pain free utilizing passive and active care. There are cases when medical and or surgical interventions are necessary and we work closely with other specialists as clinically indicated.

The staff is well trained to assist patients with all of their insurance needs and make appointments that are convenient for the patients to achieve maximum results."

• Chiropractic

Dr. Colaizzo does not have any board certifications listed.

• Back Injuries

• Neck Pain Procedure
  • Therapeutic Massage
  • Ultrasound
  • Wellness Examination

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

Undergraduate School | Graduated 1982
    Medical School | Graduated 1982
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1982
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1982

Dr. Colaizzo has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Colaizzo has no media or publications listed.

• French
  • Italian

Dr. Colaizzo does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Colaizzo and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Colaizzo's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Colaizzo to family and friends
Dr. Colaizzo's Performance
in Somerset, NJ |
I came to see Dr Colaizzo with upper back spasms and chronic lower back pain from surgery in 96 within 3 weeks my upper back pain was gone and the lower back pain I can barely feel now. I was very skeptical about coming here but Dr Colaizzo was very reassuring, patient and knowledgeable I would recommend her to anyone who is in need of help and is hesitant about seeing her. The staff is also very helpful and friendly. Carl B Somerset
in Bridgewater, NJ |
I always look forwards to my next appointment to get an adjustment! Whenever I don't go, I can definitely tell the difference but Dr. Colaizzo is always able to tell exactly what's wrong and how to cater to my specific needs for each visit. The office is extremely clean and the staff working the front desk always goes above and beyond to make me feel calm and welcome. I don't know what I'd do without my adjustments and I won't go anywhere else.
in Martinsville NJ |
She took her time, listening to my problems with my headaches, got x-rays. There’s calcification on my neck, says I will be doing some adjustments for a few times a week, and it should ease my headaches.
in Somerset, NJ |
I am a registered nurse and I have been seeing Dr. Catherine Colaizzo for the past 4 months. I work long 12-hour shifts in the Emergency Department and it really does a number on my back. Since I have begun seeing her, she diagnosed and treated me right. Gave me great tips and stretches to do at work. I appreciate her and her practice. As a future nurse practitioner, she gets an A+. Highly recommended
in Somerset, NJ |
I found Dr. Colaizzo through my insurance company as I was in need of immediate attention to my back. Coming into the office I was immediately helped and felt as if all staff were there for my best interest. During my session Dr. Colaizzo was very thorough in explaining what chiropractic care exactly is. Receptionist Latifa Hawkins has been extremely helpful in aiding my appointments. At first I was skeptical, but I have been pain free for 4 weeks now!
in Somerset, NJ |
Each time I walk in to Dr. Colaizzo's center I know any pain I was feeling will be gone when I am walking out. There has never been a time where I felt my problems were ignored. I appreciate Dr. Colaizzo and recommend anyone looking for chiropractic aid to see her.
in Piscataway, NJ |
I hurt my back working out in. I saw my medical doctor 3 times in a month who gave me shots, anti inflammatory pills, pain killers and wrote a script for an MRI. I was told by my medical doctor I would most likely need some type of surgery. My brother recommended to me going to a local chiropractor before I get an MRI. So i took his advice and went to Chiropractic & Therapy Center. After a few visits i was feeling much better, and 6 weeks later pain free. Dr. Colaizzo & her staff are excellent.
in Somerset, NJ |
For quite awhile my son kept telling me to find a good chiropractor. I had back and hip issues and was getting no relief from other avenues I had tried. My answer to my son was that "I do not have the time to spend in a chiropractors office." I finally decided that it was time to find a local chiropractor. I began going to Dr. Colaizzo in early May. She took a detailed history and discussed how she would treat my arthritis and spinal stenosis. After several treatments my wife noticed an im
in Somerset, NJ |
Dr. Colaizzo was very thorough in explaining the ideal spine form vs. reality and the treatment to adjust the spine. There was an introduction video that helped me understand the general concepts before Dr. Colaizzo deep dived into the evaluation.
in Somerset, NJ |
Recently due to my long distance running as I was training for a half marathon, I started having severe lower back pains. After treatments my pain was completely gone and I was also able to run my half-marathon. Dr. Colaizzo is very kind, friendly, and gentle. I always feel so good after a session with her. I am continuing with the course of treatments she has planned for me. I highly recommend her and do so with no reservations.
in Somerset, NJ |
I work as a home aide for the elderly and I had some knee and back pain. I wanted something natural to help get in back in my routine. Dr.Colaizzo did that for me. I don't have pain anymore and I can get back into helping my clients 100%
in Somerset, NJ |
My experience at the Chiropractic and Therapy Center has been nothing short of brilliant. All staff members have always been friendly and helpful and show a positive attitude that is reassuring that I am in the right place to get relief from chronic back pain. After the positive experience from the front desk attendants, Dr. Catherine Colaizzo showed an honest demeanor in her methods of assessing if she would be able to help me with my particular back injury. Overall, Im completely satisfied.
in Somerset, NJ |
I've suffered neck and back pain due to compromised discs for over a decade, now. Dr. Colaizzo is easily the best chiropractic doctor with whom I've dealt. She is exceedingly knowledgeable, and her staff is exceptional. The treatment offered there is of the highest caliber, and any paperwork required by either my job or insurance companies is completed promptly and accurately. (That lack of procrastination takes away much of the stress I've experienced elsewhere) I highly recommend her.
in Marlboro, NJ |
I went here because I could barely move my neck. After just one session, I was feeling like a new person. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone!
in Somerset, NJ |
My lower back was killing me 5 years ago. I could stand nor could I afford treatment because I didn't have great insurance. Dr. Colaizzo offered me a job and treatment for life. Today I walk with my head up big smile and no back pain . It's an honor to work for a wonderful chiropractor that cured my back pain.
Have you seen Dr. Catherine Colaizzo, DC?
Are you Dr. Colaizzo?