Carolyn Piro, LCSW

Carolyn Piro, LCSW

Psychotherapy  ·
Female  ·
Carolyn Piro, LCSW is a psychotherapist in Cherry Hill, NJ. She specializes in psychotherapy, cognitive & behavioral psychology, and more.Read her story

1101 Kings Hwy N Ste 313

Cherry Hill, NJ 08034

• Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
  • Magellan Health Services
  • Value Options

Learn about Carolyn Piro

Carolyn Piro's bio

This content was provided by Carolyn Piro "I am passionate about two areas - which have very little connection - individuals with developmental disabilities (adults and children) and trauma survivors. It works for me and gives me balance in my practice. My youngest client has been 12 months - my oldest was 80 years. It's never too early or too late to try for something better. I do not participate in training that does not require supervision or a "surface" approach. The EMDR training, Sand Play Therapy, FloorTime (intervention for autism) and Cognitive Behavior Therapy have all required that I process my own history and present experience. I would not "try" anything on clients that I have not experienced myself. Therapy (this is the obvious part) is a significant decision. I will not hesitate to provide you with an appropriate referral if indicated or requested. Your good mental health is a priority. Also did you know that Autism can be detected as early as 12 months old? I offer free assessments for children 12 years and older. The assessment has a 42% validity for children under the age 2 and 83% validity for children over 2. Don't hesitate. Please."

This content was provided by Carolyn Piro "Everyone experiences loss and challenges at some point in their life that seem overwhelming and unbearable. This point may feel like the anxiety and despair will never end, but with work and practice you can learn to live fully and with peace and light. I look forward to working with clients who are ready for change and ready to examine the patterns of their life that point to lessons that have yet to be learned. I believe with the right knowledge, work and practice, change is possible.

I am certified in EMDR and trained in sand play therapy, mindfulness and trauma focused cognitive behavior therapy. All of this means absolutely nothing if you and I do not form a healthy, therapeutic relationship.You are the expert of you. I am your teammate who will join with you to help you achieve mental health and full, joyful living. Though I talk about light and peace, I am a secular therapist."

• Psychotherapy
  • Pediatric Psychoanalysis
  • Play Therapy
  • Psychological Trauma
  • Social Work

Carolyn Piro does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
  • Grief Therapy
  • Individual Therapy
  • Pediatric Counseling
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Stress Management

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Villanova University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1987
  • Kennedy Hlth Sys UMDNJ
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2009
  • Our Lady Of Lourdes Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2008
  • Rutgers University
    Other Education | Completed 2009

Carolyn Piro has no awards or honors listed.

Carolyn Piro has no media or publications listed.

Carolyn Piro does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Carolyn Piro and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Carolyn Piro's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Carolyn Piro to family and friends

Carolyn Piro's Performance

I went to Caroline after a traffic accident that caused me to have PTSD, She was successful in resolving my original issue and also uncovered another issue which was also resolved. I would recommend her to anyone who has experienced a trauma.. I never felt rushed and she would make sure I was...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
First of all I am a 16 year old Male with asbergers. This is my view on Carolyn. Carolyn is a really nice person. I had some bad therapists in the past and was scared of getting a new one. Carolyn was able to comfort me and was patient and understanding. It was nice to work with someone that...more

Thank you!

Carole Piro is a loving caring competent professional, perfectly suited for the field she is in.