Dr. Carolyn Kowatsch, PHD

Dr. Carolyn Kowatsch, PHD

Clinical Psychology  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Carolyn Kowatsch, PHD is a clinical psychologist in Cincinnati, OH. She graduated from Loyola University Of Chicago and specializes in clinical psychology.Read her story

2300 Montana Ave Ste 317

Cincinnati, OH 45211

• CareSource

Learn about Dr. Kowatsch

Dr. Kowatsch's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Kowatsch "I was born in Cincinnati Ohio and have lived here most of my life. I graduated from Edgecliff College which is now part of Xavier University. I attended Loyola University of Chicago for graduate school. This site does not allow me to put in my schools for medical education. Unfortunately there is no place for psychology education. I worked briefly for North Central Community Mental Health Center. I also went back to Edgecliff College as their Director of Counseling Services for a few years. I have been in private practice full or part-time since I was licensed in 1976. I worked primarily for the Behavioral Science Center Inc. which closed its doors in 2005. l also worked part-time for the Family Therapy Center for two years. We opened our practice, Cincinnati Psychological Services, LLC, in 2005. I have been working as a therapist for over 40 years, and I still love what I do. I have two adult children, Stefan Kowatsch and Katharina Schulten, and three adorable grandchildren. I often babysit them when I am off on Fridays. I have a sign in my kitchen that says "If I had known grandkids were so much fun, I would have had them first.""

This content was provided by Dr. Kowatsch "I identify myself as a cognitive-behavioral therapist, but pull from many different approaches in order to meet my patients individual needs.  I believe how we perceive or think about things affects our behavior and vice-versa.  I try to give my patients skills that will help them long after they are no longer in therapy."

• Clinical Psychology

Dr. Kowatsch does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Couples Therapy
  • Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Grief Therapy
  • Hypnosis (Medical Hypnotherapy)
  • Individual Therapy
  • Marital Counseling
  • Pain Management
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Stress Management

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

• Loyola University Of Chicago
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Xavier University
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Rush Presbyterian St Luke's Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1972

Dr. Kowatsch has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Kowatsch has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kowatsch does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kowatsch and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kowatsch's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kowatsch to family and friends
4 total reviews (1 has a comment)

Dr. Kowatsch's Performance

I've seen several psychologists and she is absolutely the best. She has given me breathing tools to work with when I feel anxiety. And this is the only doctor that these tools were most helpful for me to use. She gives me advice and sometimes changes my thoughts so I can see different views on...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0
Are you Dr. Kowatsch?

Nearby providers with similar experience

Adult Psychology