Carole Shipman, CNM

MidwiferyFemale

Midwifery

Carole Shipman, CNM is a Midwife in Hillsdale, NJ and has over 15 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from UMDNJ-NJ medical school in 2007. Her office accepts new patients.

Carole Shipman, CNM

OM Birth LLC

39 Glendale Dr Hillsdale, NJ 07642 ()

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Midwives in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for New Jersey

• Pap Smear
  • Pelvic Exams
  • Pregnancy Care, Adolescent
  • Prenatal Care and Counseling
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Water Birth Delivery

Carole Shipman accepts

Carole Shipman's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Carole Shipman

Carole Shipman

Carole was born to be a midwife. This is her one true calling. I am honored that I brought her into my family. I would recommend her to everyone in nj and ny. No one is better for homebirths. I will call her again for my next birth. No midwife will ever come close to Carole when it comes to client care. She was born to do homebirths and there's a reason god put her in the practice. No one else is better for your birth. Carole will treat you like family. I want every homebirth client to call carole for the best birthing experience. There will be no regrets. Everyone in her office goes above and beyond to help with insurance and records and carole treated me better than any perovider I ever had.
West nyack – Feb 21, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Carole Shipman, CNM?
The only home birth midwife in the area. Almost zero hospital transfers in 30 years. Confident, always available, and knowledgable. Better than the ob I saw and she gave me my options during my consultation. She will help you more than a doctor.
Jersey City Patient – Oct 09, 2021
Thanks
Aug 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Carole Shipman, CNM?
Took my money for a homebirth and did not want to provide that service at full term. NJ state law is okay with prenatal care to 42 weeks as long as the pregnancy is healthy. However, she chickened out at the end. And still kept my money. Also, she abandoned care with me at full term and didn’t even provide a proper transfer to another care. Her advice was to just walk into an emergency room. Upon speaking with other homebirth midwives, it became apparent that she is known to be most comfortable in a hospital setting. Very sad to see a self proclaimed homebirth midwife treat patients this way. However, I admit I feel appreciative for the other reviewer to share her story because I was embarrassed of my extremely concerning and poor experience with Carol as the person I trusted to care for my pregnancy.
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Feb 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Carole Shipman, CNM?
I went here for the birth of my 2nd daughter. While Carole seemed nice she was constantly trying to push me to go to the hospital for the birth of my daughter, even though she knew I wanted a home birth and this would have been my second homebirth. Why take my money if you don't believe I can have a home birth.
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Oct 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Carole Shipman, CNM?
An absolutely amazing woman. She is extremely dedicated to her job. You can tell she loves what she does. Carole is compassionate and professional; she really builds a relationship with you. I would recommend her to anybody, she’s a very intelligent woman and I would not trade the birthing experience she gave to me for the world.
Izzy in none – Jul 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Carole Shipman, CNM?
Carole is a very compassionate and knowledgeable midwife. She cares and really takes the time to grt to know you and explains everything very thoroughly. She has a great system for planning home births and has a lot of backup support. I felt very safe and comfortable with the whole process and during birth. She has a great energy and is very trustworthy.
Sparta, NJ – Dec 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Carole Shipman, CNM?
Carole came highly recommended. She is amazing, intelligent, and compassionate woman. She has an unbelievable knowledge and passion for homebirth. We would highly recommend her for anyone considering a homebirth.
West Milford, NJ – Feb 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Carole Shipman, CNM?

How was your experience with Carole Shipman?