Carol Seydewitz, MS

Carol Seydewitz
Telehealth services available

Acacia Mental Health

6040 W Lisbon Ave Milwaukee, WI 53210

Carol Seydewitz, MS is a Counselor in Milwaukee, WI. She has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Carol Seydewitz to book an appointment.

Compare Carol Seydewitz, MS with other Counselors near you

Carol Seydewitz's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Carol Seydewitz

1.7

Carol Seydewitz?
  • Wait times (8)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (2)
  • Explained conditions well (2)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (8)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (8)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (8)
Carol started out seeming to understand what we needed as a family. My daughter had been bullied and we learned sexually assaulted.My husband and I wanted her to see a professional who could help her. Carol has sand with small figurines in her office. My daughter noticed a small rotary phone (she’s 16) and said “ look this is cute. Like grandmas phone”and put it back. We were standing near her desk scheduling another appointment. We laughed about the small phone. 30 seconds maybe.Carol seemed a bit put off But I thought there’s no way this would upset anyone! The figurines were not in any order and it was a comment. From a potential client. It was , if anything, a moment of levity in a hard day. Carol later made a big thing of her touching it. There’s no sign. No indication not to touch it and it was 30 seconds or less. Something along the lines of becaus she’s been abused she shouldn’t get away with things. She didn’t steal it. She commented on it! She’s crazy! There’s no words!
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Feb 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Carol Seydewitz, MS?
Saw her twice. She got my name wrong and didn't seem to remember why I came to see her both times although we spoke about why I was coming to her before I came in. I was seeing her to try to get through a really hard breakup and she asked for my HUSBAND'S name over the phone at one point. Very unprofessional.
Mar 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Carol Seydewitz, MS?
Extremely unprofessional. Unable to keep her own emotions out of client work. She drives the agenda and often interrupts the client. She often snaps first and spends time apologizing later. I would highly recommend seeing someone else.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Waukesha county WI – Apr 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Carol Seydewitz, MS?
I saw Carol and found her to be helpful initially. However, when I needed clarification on something she became defensive. Certainly, I was there to work on things. Yet if a therapist feels that they are “right” and become combative while you’re trying to understanding an issue then how is this helpful? I don’t know where the communication went wrong but I couldn’t get clarity on an important issue. In my experience I would avoid her. I’m ended up feeling defeated, frustrated and confused.
Jan 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Carol Seydewitz, MS?
You felt I had found the therapist that worked well for me, but within a few visits her tone changed. The nature of our talk turned to a blame session instead of guidance. I was there for change not blame. Not criticism. Help resolving some things. Avoid. There are plenty of caring therapists who help and don’t harm. She’s harmful.
Jan 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Carol Seydewitz, MS?
I am currently going through a divorce and met with Carol. I felt I was going to get help from her but she ended up blaming me for things out of my control. I’ve had therapy in the past and never have been blamed. There’s always been a way of communicating that helps without causing more pain. When I asked for clarification it was clear I was being blamed and the skill set here is not one of interactive solutions. It was hurtful and harmful.
Jan 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Carol Seydewitz, MS?
My son saw her and her t started out very well. We thought we found a good fit but then when he was struggling she blamed us and it seemed that she herself had issues she needed to work through. Therapists are personal fits and that’s obvious but blaming seems to be a theme for her and that’s unacceptable for healing. We are open to helpful advice even criticism but we cross the line at blame! Very unfortunate.
Jan 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Carol Seydewitz, MS?
Very talented and knowledgeable. I've had significant success with her.
Kris in Kenosha – Nov 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Carol Seydewitz, MS?

How was your experience with Carol Seydewitz?

• Counseling