Carol Hunt, MA

Carol Hunt, MA

Counseling  ·
Female
Carol Hunt, MA is a counselor in Scottsdale, AZ and has been practicing for 17 years. She graduated from Ottawa University in 2001 and specializes in counseling, adult development & aging psychology, and more.Read her story

5010 E Shea Blvd Ste D202

Scottsdale, AZ 85254

Learn about Carol Hunt

Carol Hunt's bio

This content was provided by Carol Hunt "First, I know trauma very well. It has been both my biggest agitator and most imposing educator. Eventually, I drew from it my greatest wisdom. So I understand. I got through it, and like those before us, so will you. But it doesn't end there, because, I have freedom I never expected and hope I believe is limitless. I attended counseling sessions, did the work (book list below), and continue to hold myself in high regard. I grew up on the beautiful California coast, moved to Maricopa County in 1980 to raise my family, and to this day enjoy scuba diving, hiking, travel, and period architecture. In other words, life went on pretty remarkably! I received a Master of Arts in Professional Counseling at Ottawa University and a Bachelor of Arts in Secondary Education at Arizona State University. I have a Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies in Trauma, Abuse, and Deprivation and received practicum experience at The Meadows and West Valley Family Development Center. Before joining Act Counseling and Education, I worked at Devereux serving families involved with Arizona Department of Child Services, and then North Pointe Counseling Center. I taught at-risk high school and junior high school students in the Chandler and Kyrene school districts and counseled on-tour military Masters nursing students at University of Phoenix. I facilitate women's childhood sexual abuse and coed codependency counseling groups. I am a Certified Clinical Trauma Professional, EMDR trained trauma therapist, and APSATS trained therapist in Multidimensional Partner Trauma for partners of sex addicts. I emphasize the healing nature of marriage and family relationships. I facilitate group counseling for childhood sexual abuse, codependency, grief and other topics. I work with all religious and philosophical views and offer Christian counseling when requested. EMDR is a mainstay of my work for trauma, Imago Therapy for couples, and a trauma perspective (APSATS) for partners of sex addicts."

This content was provided by Carol Hunt "I believe people are basically very good.  I practice Positive Psychology realizing that though negative, difficult things happen to all of us, the way we think determines our overall perspective on life, determines how we feel emotionally, mentally, and physically.  It even affects our physical health in profound ways.  When we transform our language, we understand ourselves and others much better and we become healthier."

• Counseling
  • Psychological Trauma
  • Psychotherapy
  • Sex Therapy
  • Women's Counseling

Carol Hunt does not have any board certifications listed.

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Couples Therapy
  • Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
  • Family Counseling
  • Grief Therapy
  • Individual Therapy
  • Marital Counseling
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Stress Management

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• Arizona State University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1990
  • Ottawa University
    Medical School | Graduated 2001
  • East Valley Family Development Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2010
  • The Meadows
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2001
  • Brainspotting-Brainspotting Trainings, Inc.
  • Certified Clinical Trauma Professional
  • Emdr Trained-Emdria
    Other Education | Completed

Carol Hunt has no awards or honors listed.

Carol Hunt has no media or publications listed.

Carol Hunt does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Carol Hunt and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Carol Hunt's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Carol Hunt to family and friends
Are you Carol Hunt?

Nearby providers with similar experience

Psychology