Carol Barnett, LISW

Counseling •  Female

Carol Barnett
5211 N Trenholm Rd Ste B Columbia, SC 29206

(803) 240-1990

Carol Barnett, LISW is a Counselor in Columbia, SC. She is accepting new patients and has not yet indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Carol Barnett to book an appointment.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Counselors in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Carol Barnett accepts

(803) 240-1990

Carol Barnett accepts the following insurance:

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for South Carolina

Check if Carol Barnett treats your condition or procedure

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Carol Barnett, LISW...

Offer evening visits?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Offer weekend visits?

Offer an online patient portal portal?

Communicate via email?

Carol Barnett's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Carol Barnett

4.1

3.4482758620689653%

Carol Barnett?
What People Say About Carol Barnett, LISW
Carol Barnett is a counselor everyone hopes/dreams of finding when life’s journey becomes chaotic. Her objective isn’t to passively listen to your woes, but to instruct you in finding the hidden you—Yes, she is a teacher, and a fabulous one at that! Most of my growth has happened NOT in her office, but as I’ve worked through the many specific assignments she has given me to better cope with the demands of life; thus, I learned to reboot as I find myself alone with my thoughts. Carol Barnett is the BEST counselor I’ve EVER had the privilege knowing, and I highly recommend her!!!
Stella – Nov 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Carol Barnett, LISW?
I cannot say enough wonderful things about Carol. I was always hesitant to go to counseling, but Carol came highly recommended and she has since completed eliminated any uncertainty I had in the process. I went in grieving over the loss of someone very close to me, but with Carol's help I've been able to work through this loss and start viewing my life through a different lens. Carol is honest with her clients and isn't just going to tell you what you want to hear. But even when she is working through some hard truths, she does so in the most compassionate and loving way. She truly cares that you walk out of each session feeling as though you've accomplished something. She also gives homework, which personally I find to be one of the most rewarding experiences. The homework assignments make me work on things outside of the counseling session itself and I find myself really using these strategies in my every day life. She is WONDERFUL!
KE – Oct 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Carol Barnett, LISW?
I started going to Carol about two years ago. She will tell you what you need to hear, not what you want to hear in a professional, direct and caring way. She hears what you are saying and gets to the root of the problem/issue. Learning about my Enneagram type has helped me understand why I do the things I do and feel how I feel. The homework assignments are set up to help take your session beyond the walls of the office. You work together to determine what kind of "assignment" you need. You will always recap the session before you leave and walk out with a piece of chocolate :)
Oct 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Carol Barnett, LISW?
She’s the gold star in my book for counseling. She understands what makes me tick while also constructively smoothing off rough edges that hold me back in the long run. I had a bad experience with a counselor on base and came running back to her for what I know will be time, energy and focus well spent. I’ve used many of her techniques and insights with those I counsel.
Oct 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Carol Barnett, LISW?
I have been seeing Carol for about 4 years and she has helped me to thrive. She truly goes above and beyond. She has guided me through finding my true career path, depression, relationship issues, setting boundaries with addicted family members, and grieving the loss of two siblings. I would and have recommended her to anyone willing to hear difficult truths and do the work needed to heal and grow. Carol is compassionate, insightful, and skilled. I can’t say enough wonderful things about her and the impact she has had on my life. Highly recommend!
adb – Oct 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Carol Barnett, LISW?
Dr. Carol Barnett in my opinion epitomizes doctor the adjective with her pedagogical qualities teaching me to understand my emotional needs and doctor the verb with her ability to restore me to good psychological condition. Her attentiveness and assessment of my condition paired with a true understanding of what I require to move forward and control my happiness and emotional future are paramount to me as a patient. It is rewarding to have her openly, sans nuances, help me recognize the need to separate objectively important issues from the subjective mien I intuitively apply.If you are searching for candor and intellectual solutions to your emotional issues you will be well advised to avail yourself of her expertise. She is a professional caring and able psychologist. I made the right choice when I chose Carol she has an understanding of my situation that I believe few counselors would have. She has been and is continuing to be instrumental in helping me to find solid emotional ground
SMG, – Oct 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Carol Barnett, LISW?
I began working with Carol last fall and with her support...no her outright investment of time & energy, I have changed my life. Her solution focused treatment allowed me to attack concrete goals, leverage resources and learn more about myself and my own power. I made life altering changes (and some were scary) and I'm in such a fantastic space now. She was culturally sensitive to my issues as woman of color and empathetic to my challenges as another woman with similar experiences in business and personal growth. I highly recommend her as one of the best I've ever worked with!
Lashanda – Oct 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Carol Barnett, LISW?
I have been working with Carol in both individual and couples’ counseling for over two years. I have experienced a tremendous amount of personal growth and have been able to make the changes in my marriage that I had hoped to make -all with Carol’s help. Carol is extremely professional and empowers (and insists) her clients do their work (you can expect homework!). Carol is upfront about her direct style of communication, yet she is exceptionally compassionate and genuinely vested in her clients’ success. In my sessions with Carol I feel heard and completely comfortable discussing any of my concerns. Carol is an experienced and enlightened counselor, a wonderful person, and was exactly the right match for my husband and me.
Amy D. – Oct 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Carol Barnett, LISW?
Carol Barnett is very negative, rude, insensitive and impatient. She seems to think she is the most important person and will talk about her own issues and how she is superior. If you need help Carol is not the one for you. Please stay away.
shakinstevens – Sep 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Carol Barnett, LISW?
Carol was recommended to me through a friend, and I am so thankful. Carol's compassion, expertise, and straight forward approach to counseling was what got my life on a healthy track. I would recommend Carol to anyone looking for help.
Melissa in Columbia – Apr 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Carol Barnett, LISW?
Judgemental and insensitive. Go eslewhere.
Feb 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Carol Barnett, LISW?
I agree with everyone who gave this lady one star and their reasoning; save your time and money and go elsewhere.
Jan 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Carol Barnett, LISW?
I will always be grateful for her guidance and willingness to help me make the changes I needed to make. Other therapists I have been to were not willing to do anything but listen. Carol helped me take the steps I needed for a better life.
Columbia, SC – Jul 02, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Carol Barnett, LISW?
Lying quack, pushed outdated medical theories and dangerous drugs. Save yourself time, money and disappointment. You're better off just hurting.
Sumter, SC – Jun 18, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Carol Barnett, LISW?
If you are willing to be held accountable and do your homework assignments, you will see results. I am grateful for her help.
Columbia, SC – Mar 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Carol Barnett, LISW?
I first went to Carol for relationship counseling and rather than listen to us and offer advice on the issues we were having she fixated on our Enneagram personalities. She suggested I be on medication after the 3rd session we went for and tried to get me to believe in a higher power even though I told her I'm an atheist. She did not respect my beliefs at all. I could go on and on about how awful she is but let me just say, she does more harm than good.
Sumter – Mar 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Carol Barnett, LISW?
Before having all the facts, details, or enough information to make a genuine conclusion, she told me over the phone that my marriage was over and nothing could fix it. I sought help feeling good about it, and she completely destroyed every sliver of hope I had, before even learning of my situation. The friend that recommended militaryonesource, the service this was provided through, said she was told the exact same thing, and even told her not to get pregnant. I would not recommend her.
Sumter, SC – Mar 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Carol Barnett, LISW?
I would not recommend seeing this therapist. She says she doesn't candy Côte things, which I would appreciate, but it seems she may project her own experiences onto your situation and make assumptions based on her own experience vs your own situation.
Columbia, SC – May 12, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Carol Barnett, LISW?
Carol has helped me in more ways than I could imagine. My husband and I went for marriage counseling, and not only did she save our marriage, she also helped us with our teenage children. I highly recommend her!
Janet in columbia, sc – Apr 20, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Carol Barnett, LISW?
I would recommend Carol Barnett for life's daily issues where venting is the cure. Unfortunately, I would not recommend Ms. Barnett for relationship issues or grief, as she unintentionally projects her views upon these surrounding issues, whereas, a new set of lenses would be the best method when dealing with such clients. Also, note any usage of fragrance (perfume, cologne) on skin or clothing is an issue for this therapist.
Jett in Columbia, SC – Apr 14, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Carol Barnett, LISW?

How was your experience with Carol Barnett?

My intention is to help my clients meet their personal and relationship goals using a variety of counseling approaches and mindfulness practices. I provide education and support while requiring accountability in order to make meaningful and lasting improvements in both thinking and behavior.

• Counseling