Counseling  |
Female
Carol Barnett, LISW
Carol Barnett, LISW is a counseling provider who practices in Columbia, SC.

5211 N Trenholm Rd Ste B

Columbia, SC 29206

(803) 240-1990

Learn about Carol Barnett

This content was provided by Carol Barnett "My intention is to help my clients meet their personal and relationship goals using a variety of counseling approaches and mindfulness practices. I provide education and support while requiring accountability in order to make meaningful and lasting improvements in both thinking and behavior. "

• Counseling

Carol Barnett does not have any board certifications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Carolina.

Education data for Carol Barnett is unavailable at this time.

Carol Barnett has no awards or honors listed.

Carol Barnett has no media or publications listed.

Carol Barnett does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Carol Barnett and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Carol Barnett's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Carol Barnett to family and friends
4.1
Carol Barnett's Performance
Columbia, SC |
I will always be grateful for her guidance and willingness to help me make the changes I needed to make. Other therapists I have been to were not willing to do anything but listen. Carol helped me take the steps I needed for a better life.
Sumter, SC |
Lying quack, pushed outdated medical theories and dangerous drugs. Save yourself time, money and disappointment. You're better off just hurting.
Columbia, SC |
If you are willing to be held accountable and do your homework assignments, you will see results. I am grateful for her help.
Sumter |
I first went to Carol for relationship counseling and rather than listen to us and offer advice on the issues we were having she fixated on our Enneagram personalities. She suggested I be on medication after the 3rd session we went for and tried to get me to believe in a higher power even though I told her I'm an atheist. She did not respect my beliefs at all. I could go on and on about how awful she is but let me just say, she does more harm than good.
Sumter, SC |
Before having all the facts, details, or enough information to make a genuine conclusion, she told me over the phone that my marriage was over and nothing could fix it. I sought help feeling good about it, and she completely destroyed every sliver of hope I had, before even learning of my situation. The friend that recommended militaryonesource, the service this was provided through, said she was told the exact same thing, and even told her not to get pregnant. I would not recommend her.
Columbia, SC |
I would not recommend seeing this therapist. She says she doesn't candy Côte things, which I would appreciate, but it seems she may project her own experiences onto your situation and make assumptions based on her own experience vs your own situation.
in columbia, sc |
Carol has helped me in more ways than I could imagine. My husband and I went for marriage counseling, and not only did she save our marriage, she also helped us with our teenage children. I highly recommend her!
in Columbia, SC |
I would recommend Carol Barnett for life's daily issues where venting is the cure. Unfortunately, I would not recommend Ms. Barnett for relationship issues or grief, as she unintentionally projects her views upon these surrounding issues, whereas, a new set of lenses would be the best method when dealing with such clients. Also, note any usage of fragrance (perfume, cologne) on skin or clothing is an issue for this therapist.
in Columbia, SC |
She is engaging and easy to talk to while also giving valuable feedback to assist in my growth process. She shares valuable resources that may be utilized to assist in reaching life goals. My experience has been great thus far and is bringing me to new levels of consciousness and growth.
Amazing, she works with you. Providing realistic tools given various situations. i have treated with other providers who are afraid to be honest about situations, even if you happen to be wrong. If you are looking for someone to candy coat your situation you've found the wrong Southern woman. Although, I relocated across the United States, Carol still provides guidance and tools to this very day. You won't be disappointed and her K9 companion is adorable!
Carol is the best counselor I have ever been to! She is patient, kind, supportive, and genuine. She truly wants her clients to accomplish their goals and will do anything to help with the process. Her flexibility with scheduling and genuine concern for others is truly appreciated.
Have you seen Carol Barnett, LISW?
Are you Carol Barnett?