Dr. Camilo Ortiz, PHD

Clinical PsychologyMale

Clinical Psychology

Dr. Camilo Ortiz, PHD is a Clinical Psychologist in Roslyn, NY. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Camilo Ortiz, PHD
1025 Northern Blvd Ste 305 Roslyn, NY 11576 ()

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Clinical Psychologists in your area

"With all the therapists out there, why see me? 1) I have trained hundreds of other psychologists, so you can be sure you are getting a high level of expertise when you see me 2) I have a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology an..."

- Dr. Camilo Ortiz, PHD

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for New York

Check if Dr. Ortiz treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Ortiz's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adolescent Counseling
  • Behavior Modification
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Conduct Disorder
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Encopresis
  • Individual Therapy
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Oppositional Defiant Disorder

Dr. Ortiz accepts

Dr. Ortiz's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Ortiz

Dr. Ortiz

Met with Dr. Ortiz over video and found him extremely helpful. Offered concrete and practical suggestions, listened, and clearly knew his stuff. Also helpfully followed-up after our meeting. Highly recommend.
Apr 20, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Camilo Ortiz, PHD?
Enormously helpful, wise and understanding
We had a series of meetings with Dr Ortiz to help us with challenges with our 6 year old daughter and 4 year old son. He did a great job of helping us to understand how we could adapt our approach. His insights have made our kids - and us - much happier and we are very grateful. He is great to work with - thoughtful, clear and understanding of concerns and obstacles.
Apr 04, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Camilo Ortiz, PHD?
I found talking with Dr. Ortiz to be very helpful, both in dealing with PTSD, and later in dealing with other personal issues.
Paul – Oct 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Camilo Ortiz, PHD?
Dr. Ortiz helped us solve what seemed unsolvable. We had been to every specialist we could find looking for solutions. He provided evidence based, best practice solutions, that when followed, gave our child the best outcome. We followed his advice, step by step, and it worked. Thank you!
Pete – Jun 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Camilo Ortiz, PHD?
We saw Dr. Ortiz in 2021 to treat persistent encopresis. We had already spent 5 years seeing medical specialists locally, at Mass General and nationally. We paid for consults with known thought leaders in this field. This condition is horrible and life altering in the worst way and our child was suffering. Dr. Ortiz introduced us to his very successful system and our child's condition improved dramatically very quickly. I'm still stunned that in a short time, he was on the other side and free of encopresis! Dr. Ortiz approach is evidence based. He attacks the condition 2 fold, the physical and the emotional. He understands kids and families and his style is such that he becomes part of the family team to benefit the child. He explains typical results and makes no promises. I have to say that we as parents needed the most education and information and training. In the end, it was not difficult but we were beaten down by the years of failure. I wish we had found him sooner!
Apr 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Camilo Ortiz, PHD?
He is very easy to talk to and is flexible in finding an approach in cognitive therapy that both works and is well suited to you.
Oct 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Camilo Ortiz, PHD?
We were lucky enough to find Dr. Ortiz following our son's lengthy struggle with encopresis. Dr. Ortiz immediately set us on the path to success. He was genuine in his approach and made us and our son feel comfortable from the minute we stepped into his office. Our only regret is not finding Dr. Ortiz sooner! We highly recommend Dr. Ortiz to anyone whose child is struggling with encopresis.
Erica in NY – Aug 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Camilo Ortiz, PHD?
Dr. Ortiz is the only the therapist I've worked with who has been able to help me with my anxiety. He explains concepts well, listens carefully, is open-minded, and uses an evidence-based approach.
Wantagh, NY – Jan 18, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Camilo Ortiz, PHD?
This was a leap of faith, out of our cultural comfort zone. And we are happy to report that Dr. Ortiz was the key to unlocking what was troubling our H.S. Sophomore. Dr. Ortiz provided thinking tools my child needed to pull himself out of the hole that would have enveloped him if we didn't seek help. Our child's grades and confidence improved immensely. Letting our child work with Dr. Ortiz was the BEST thing we did for our child's well being.
T. Wong in Flushing, NY – Jan 13, 2017
How kind of you to leave this feedback. I'm so...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Camilo Ortiz, PHD?
I have a severe panic disorder associated with agoraphobia. Been in and out of treatment with Dr.Ortiz for a few years and he is the only professional who has ever been able to help me. His approach is so different than most (I've been to them all) he understands fully what we go through, takes time to explain why it happens and he's very hands on. Exposure therapy is HORRIBLE for people like me, he is the first to do the exposure before I had to. Best doctor ever and worth every penny.
Danielle Laudisio in Massapequa, NY – Dec 06, 2016
This review is so kind. Thank you for taking the...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Camilo Ortiz, PHD?
I appreciated that Dr.Ortiz was very knowledgable about my son's condition, Encopresis. He was very confident in his approach,offered individualized interventions that worked for us. His confidence and support gave me the motivation that I needed to deal with this condition. My son no longer felt shameful about it, it was a relief to us that we finally understood what we were dealing with and that there is treatment. My son and I quickly established trust due to his non judgmental manner.
Roslyn Heights, NY – Nov 29, 2016
Thank you so much for the review. So glad...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Camilo Ortiz, PHD?
We visited Dr. Ortiz for parenting advice for our three children. Dr. Ortiz provided very practical advice that we could apply. We consulted with Dr. Ortiz for one school year and it made a large difference in our relationship with our children, with our children's behavior, and with our own stress levels. I would highly recommend Dr. Ortiz for other parents confronting the daily challenges of parenting.
Joe Napoli in Syosset, NY – Oct 10, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Camilo Ortiz, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Ortiz?